Player Images from Stadium Frieze E-Bay Auction Commenced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly shocked at the level of money currently being bid for scrappy old tat.

The recession is a lie.

I wonder as this thread has wondered off point that there should be a separate thread for the general Charity discussion so this thread can be just for the Charity Auction which will go on for sometime as more become available for auction.

Wandered.

If the charity sector left people completely alone to decide when and how to donate money then they would generate the square root of feck all

They have little option but to indulge in marketing, canvassing, door-stepping and tin rattling to raise anything worthwhile at all

It's not that much trouble to simply say 'I'm not interested', is it ?

And if you think charity collectors are 'paid through the nose', then you really are living in cloud cuckoo land. Most are paid peanuts, many do it on a volunteer basis

This.

If it were once, and if they paid attention, then 'no'.

But it isn't and they don't based on my experience of walking through Nottingham last night.

After five minutes I was ready to paint the floor with the next blue-shirted clipboard **** who spoke to me with a grin & cheeky banter.

"No."

"Oh go on, it's only a couple of minutes of your time and you'd..."

"...Will you **** OFF!"

If it were once, and if they paid attention, then 'no'.

But it isn't and they don't based on my experience of walking through Nottingham last night.

After five minutes I was ready to paint the floor with the next blue-shirted clipboard **** who spoke to me with a grin & cheeky banter.

"No."

"Oh go on, it's only a couple of minutes of your time and you'd..."

"...Will you **** OFF!"

I heard about one who walked an elderly lady to the bank to set up a direct debit... they're like bloody parasites.

I heard about one who walked an elderly lady to the bank to set up a direct debit... they're like bloody parasites.

Urban myth - that's not how a Direct Debit is set up.

I do agree though that there are far too many people accosting passers-by; not only on behalf of charities, but also trying to get you to sign up to the various power companies, telecom providers, SkyTV, AA, RAC, ambulance chasers, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., etc. If I want to be get in touch with any of these organisations, I can find my own way to them. They should let me go about my lawful business unhindered. I see no reason to be polite to anybody who prevents me from doing so.

People from Shelter were harassing me in Hinckley yesterday - he thought that singing "lady in red" to me would get me to hand over my details. The third person down the hill got told to **** off.

People from Shelter were harassing me in Hinckley yesterday - he thought that singing "lady in red" to me would get me to hand over my details. The third person down the hill got told to **** off.
Thing is Cate, every third person you pass gets told to feck off.:icon_wink

So moaning about charity now are we?

You know what does my head in? Flowers. And kittens.

I work full time for a charity so I'm obviously not anti them but I hate these street teams.

I have no problem with them being there or with their causes but if you say "no thanks" they won't take it for an answer and follow you down the street.

As mentioned by some of the others, it wouldn't be so bad if you said it once, but when you've walked past a line of 5 of them, in a town centre the size of say Kettering, and each and every one of them has tried to get me to sign up, it becomes more than a bit irritating. When the farthest one can see that I'm not interested in stopping and "chatting" to the first one, does s/he honestly think I'm going to have changed my mind in the 20m it's taken me to get to him/her? Or is it some kind of tactic to batter me into submission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669