• Daniel Amartey

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Ricardo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

With the Goal of the Season thread open, and the club's official voting over the weekend, I thought it would be interesting to see who TB'ers see as the main man this season.

Who do you think should be named our Player of the Season?

And also in the comments, who's your young player of the season?

The FA Cup final win may sway this, but even before that it's Youri Tielemans for me.

He's just world class. He's Mr. Consistent. He plays every game, has barely had any rest, and yet he very, very rarely delivers a performance below a 7/10. Absolutely fitting that he should get the goal to win us the FA Cup. I thought he also deserved MOTM.

I'd go as far as saying that Youri has now replaced Vardy as our most important player too.

Behind Youri, in order for me it's probably: Ndidi, Schmeichel, Evans, and Justin (despite being injured the last few months).

Crazy really that looking through each name, I felt that they almost all could have had a shout for PotS.

In an average year finishing midtable; Evans, Kasper, Fofana, Justin could have all won it by a mile. Even Harvey Barnes was incredible - and then Nacho.

What a time to be following this club!

Slimani for that cameo against Villa.

Or Youri.

I can’t choose between Schmeichel, Evans, Ndidi and Tielemans.

Tielemans was the obvious choice for me before Saturday. After that goal, anyone else would be madness.

The only other serious candidate is Schmeichel. Hardly anyone else has been fit for long enough this season to be in with a shout.

One reflection I had was that, as Fox Fan Fox Fan said, there have been several brilliant players this season who would usually be in with a shout - but none of them are attackers.

Barnes might've been up there if he'd not been injured and sustained his first half season form, Nacho has done well over the past couple of months, but it's interesting to me that other than Youri, it's Kasper, Ndidi, Evans and Justin that stand out most.

Nobody would probably put Vardy or Maddison forward as one of our top 5 performers this season. Has our success this season been built more on a strong defence than I'd realised?

You'd have definitely expected at the start of the season that if we were going to be in this position, Vardy and Maddison would've both had great seasons.

Not saying Vardy has had a bad season, and Maddison has had a lot of fitness issues. But others have shone brighter than those two.

Schmeichel for me. I'm a big critic of his distribution but there have been numerous times this season when he had kept us in games that we went on to win.

For me it’s Tielemans closely followed by Little Wes.

Without Tielemans we'd have been ****ed.

He's flogged himself this season.

How many of our players missed significant time? It's been pretty brutal.

1. Barnes
2. Justin
3. Ricardo
4. Soyuncu
5. Maddison
6. Vardy
7. Ndidi
8. Castagne
9. Fofana
10. Evans
11. Under
12. Praet
13. Morgan

Tielemans was the obvious choice for me before Saturday. After that goal, anyone else would be madness.

The only other serious candidate is Schmeichel. Hardly anyone else has been fit for long enough this season to be in with a shout.
Saturday has definitely settled it. Not just the goal either but his overall performance in the match. Oozed quality (compare his control and influence on matches with Pogba for example).

I think of Harvey had stayed fit and helped us over the CL line more quickly, he’d have been top 3 for me. With Kasper as well.

Tielemans is just pure class. Half of the time it's not picked up by commentators when he plays an inch perfect pass unless it leads to a goal. It's all so effortless for him too.

2020/21 - Youri Tielemans

Tielemans Scoops Player Of The Season Double​

Youri Tielemans has been named Leicester City’s 2020/21 Supporters’ Player of the Season and Players’ Player of the Season in the Club’s Annual End of Season Awards.

The Belgium midfielder – who netted the winning goal for the Foxes in the Emirates FA Cup final – has enjoyed an outstanding individual campaign, featuring 50 times in all competitions to date, and scoring nine goals.
His displays in the heart of midfield have been key to another sensational Premier League season for the Foxes, while his sublime strike against Chelsea at Wembley saw the Foxes lift the FA Cup for the first time in their history.
The awards, which are voted for by supporters and by his team-mates, are fitting recognition to a simply incredible season from the Belgium international, whose heroics at Wembley will see him go down in both Leicester City and FA Cup folklore.
Youri Tielemans

The City No.8 received recognition from his team-mates and the Club's fans by winning two awards.
After receiving his award, the Club’s No.8 said: “To win awards and individual awards are a reflection of your season. It means that I’ve done well this season, and I’m really happy with it, so yes – I’m really grateful for the people voting for me.
“I hope I’ve helped them enjoy it even though the season was very strange and we didn’t have the fans with us inside the stadiums. I hope I’ve played well, and winning these awards mean a lot to me.
“When I came here, I knew that we had a really good team and a good group of players. I think this season, winning the FA Cup means a lot to us. It means that we’ve done well. We’ve worked really hard since we’ve been together and hopefully, we can carry on in that manner.”

Elsewhere, defender Wesley Fofana was named Young Player of the Season, with the 20-year-old Frenchman catching the eye with a number of impressive performances during his first season on Filbert Way.

Signed from Saint-Étienne last summer, Fofana has been a mainstay in City’s backline this season, playing on 37 occasions in all competitions.

Reflecting on his award, he said: “It means a lot – it’s an honour that I wasn’t expecting. It shows that I’ve done well, and it encourages me to push on as it’s not finished. Hopefully I can win more in the future.

“My first season has gone really well. The team have helped me to settle in and Brendan Rodgers, as well. The season isn’t quite finished, though. We have one more game to go, but on a personal level it has gone really well.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566