Scowcroft-10
Hughes-8
Tiatto-8
De Vries-9

Nalis-6
Connolly-5

Bobby Smith said:
Scowcroft-10

For readers of Private Eye, shome mishtake shurely. :? :? :?

Bobby Smith said:
Steven said:
Bobby Smith said:
Scowcroft-10

For readers of Private Eye, shome mishtake shurely. :? :? :?

Well spotted! But come on he did have a good game. :grin:

Did Ipswich have a game this weekend. :-? :-? :-? :wink: ;-)

Fantastic team performance, fantastic fan performance. One very proud man.

The only sad thing for me is that I was stuck in with the Charlton fans - there were about ten of us trying to keep a reasonably low profile but, the way the lads were playing, it became fairly obvious that we were the only ones in that section who kept oo-ing and gasping at the "wrong" moments and by the end we didn't care !!

Hope some of you saw us. At the end when you lot were giving the cockneys a rousing chorus of "Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio", we saluted and joined in ! We were to your left in the upper stand (if you were in the behind the goal section).

Anyway, my scores

Walker - 9 That save from Bryan Hughes was awesome
Maybury - 8 Great game, got caught a bit defensively by Jerome Thomas when they brought him on, but this boy is real find.
Stewart - 6 Still a bit flakey but put in the effort
Dublin - 8 Thought he looked great at the back, a real rock. And had a real presence from all set-plays culminating in the fine finish !
Dabizas - 7 Much better than usual, still scares the hell out me though
Hughes - 7 First half tremendous, I think they marked him more in the second half and he tired and faded a little
Williams - 7 Opposite to Hughes. Quiet first half - great second half (presumably their marker shifted his attention from Williams to Hughes in the second half)
Gudjohnsson - 9 Incredible ! up several notches from his usual performance, all over the field, tough, inventive, unbeatable except by...
Tiatto - 10 What a performance. I don't think it's possible for any footballer in any match to work any harder than this for 90 minutes. He took knock after knock, kept coming back. Charlton had no answer.
Gillespie - 8 Very good from 'no-name'. Kept getting in behind the full-back and was unluckly with the header at the end of the best bit of football all game.
De Vries - 6 Not convinced by the big fella I'm afraid. Yes, he works hard. Yes, he's strong. Yes, he tries to hold the ball up. Yes, he must be a nightmare to mark. But, I'm afraid he's Akinbiyi, WITHOUT the pace.

Nalis - 6 OK
Connolly - 6 OK for what little time he was on

foxybru said:

The only sad thing for me is that I was stuck in with the Charlton fans - there were about ten of us trying to keep a reasonably low profile but, the way the lads were playing, it became fairly obvious that we were the only ones in that section who kept oo-ing and gasping at the "wrong" moments and by the end we didn't care !!

Hope some of you saw us. At the end when you lot were giving the cockneys a rousing chorus of "Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio", we saluted and joined in ! We were to your left in the upper stand (if you were in the behind the goal section).

Anyway, my scores

Maybury - 8 Great game, got caught a bit defensively by Jerome Thomas when they brought him on, but this boy is real find.
Dublin - 8 Thought he looked great at the back, a real rock. And had a real presence from all set-plays culminating in the fine finish !
Hughes - 7 First half tremendous, I think they marked him more in the second half and he tired and faded a little
Williams - 7 Opposite to Hughes. Quiet first half - great second half (presumably their marker shifted his attention from Williams to Hughes in the second half)
Gudjohnsson - 9 Incredible ! up several notches from his usual performance, all over the field, tough, inventive, unbeatable except by...
Tiatto - 10 What a performance. I don't think it's possible for any footballer in any match to work any harder than this for 90 minutes. He took knock after knock, kept coming back. Charlton had no answer.
Gillespie - 8 Very good from 'no-name'. Kept getting in behind the full-back and was unluckly with the header at the end of the best bit of football all game.
De Vries - 6 Not convinced by the big fella I'm afraid. Yes, he works hard. Yes, he's strong. Yes, he tries to hold the ball up. Yes, he must be a nightmare to mark. But, I'm afraid he's Akinbiyi, WITHOUT the pace.
Nalis - 6 OK

Harsh, very harsh.

Walker 8
Stewart 7
Dabizas 8
Dublin 6
Maybury 8
Tiatto 8
Williams 7
Gudjonsson 8
Hughes 8
Gillespie 8
De Vries 8

Subs:

Nalis 6
Connolly 7

Joe_Fox said:
Walker 8
Stewart 7
Dabizas 8
Dublin 6
Maybury 8
Tiatto 8
Williams 7
Gudjonsson 8
Hughes 8
Gillespie 8
De Vries 8

Subs:

Nalis 6
Connolly 7

Didnt know Debenhams cafe were showing the game!! :lol: :roll:

foxybru said:

Anyway, my scores

De Vries - 6 Not convinced by the big fella I'm afraid. Yes, he works hard. Yes, he's strong. Yes, he tries to hold the ball up. Yes, he must be a nightmare to mark. But, I'm afraid he's Akinbiyi, WITHOUT the pace. :eek:

Nalis - 6 OK

Agreed Durham, very very harsh. The thing that impressed me was, he had a very good game at only 80% fit, I cannot wait to see him when he's 100% fit.

Did yer have a good view Joe ??
Where were you sat ?

Walker 8 - not at fault for goal, good reflex saves and good on set pieces
Stewart 4 - can't pass, can't beat a man, can't dribble, set pieces ok
Dabizas 6 - did well at goal to keep eye on the ball, but still scares me
Dublin 8 - deserved yellow card, great goal and 'floater' just before it
Maybury 7 - generally did well, skinned for their goal
Tiatto 8 - had a great habit of being on the end of every loose ball
Williams 7 - didn't have the ball a great deal, but did well i felt
Gudjonsson 7 - didn't rate him as much as everyone else, had a few crappy touches at the start
Hughes 9 - great feet, great dribbling, always looking towards goal and always looking confident, what a find
Gillespie 7 - confident enough to shoot, although never on target. ok passing, never ever sprints though
De Vries 9 - MOTM, great feet, great heading, turned every hopelessly lumped ball into half a chance. had charton all at sea

Nalis 5 - won a free kick, but he is still clumsy
Connolly 6 - bit harsh to judge him

Nottingham Fox said:
foxybru said:

Anyway, my scores

De Vries - 6 Not convinced by the big fella I'm afraid. Yes, he works hard. Yes, he's strong. Yes, he tries to hold the ball up. Yes, he must be a nightmare to mark. But, I'm afraid he's Akinbiyi, WITHOUT the pace. :eek:

Nalis - 6 OK

Agreed Durham, very very harsh. The thing that impressed me was, he had a very good game at only 80% fit, I cannot wait to see him when he's 100% fit.

If that extra 20% gives him an extra yard or two of pace, and a better first touch, then I'll agree that my summary was very harsh. Here's hoping so....

From what I saw on the highlights,MDV was very good.Its not easy playing up front on your own,the good thing was the support he got from Williams and especially Hughes from what I saw.I wonder if CL will stick with this formation for the next 2 matches.Not so sure the system would work as well with Connolly up there on his own.

Walker 7
Stewart 6
Dabizas 7
Dublin 7
Maybury 7
Tiatto 8
Williams 7
Gudjonsson 8
Hughes 7
Gillespie 7
De Vries 7

Nalis 5
Connolly 6

highland fox said:
From what I saw on the highlights,MDV was very good.Its not easy playing up front on your own,the good thing was the support he got from Williams and especially Hughes from what I saw.I wonder if CL will stick with this formation for the next 2 matches.Not so sure the system would work as well with Connolly up there on his own.
That would be a definate non starter HF. We struggled in the closes stages with just DC up front. I think he is a quality player but is only an asset in a front 2.

What about playing 4-3-1-2 with Connolly just behind the front two? :eek:

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:

Who would your front two be?

Who would provide the width?

Have you been to a match recently?

Too much time in tearooms in Debenhams. :p :razz: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

webmaster said:
Joe_Fox said:

Who would your front two be?