Player Ratings V Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy working all week before Christmas and Saturdays.....You aren't moonlighting in Santas grotto are you?

Went out, had nice meal, few drinks, and other stuff I won't go into... then settled down happy and satisfied to watch a dvd of the match in the early hours. And, we were crap, being able to rewind and play brought home how really crap the team is, the worst ever? spoilt a lovely evening, and I could have gone back for seconds, wish I had!

Taylor 5
Makin 2
Stewart 2
Keown 2
Dublin 2
Gillespie 5
Tiatto 4
Nalis 5
Gudjonsson 2
Connolly 2
Scowcroft 1

Subs-
Morris 2
Blake 2
Williams 2

yeah Connolly scored a goal, big deal, his percentage conversion rate of chances to goals must be really interesting reading.

kam said:
Went out, had nice meal, few drinks, and other stuff I won't go into... then settled down happy and satisfied to watch a dvd of the match in the early hours. And, we were crap, being able to rewind and play brought home how really crap the team is, the worst ever? spoilt a lovely evening, and I could have gone back for seconds, wish I had!

Taylor 5
Makin 2
Stewart 2
Keown 2
Dublin 2
Gillespie 5
Tiatto 4
Nalis 5
Gudjonsson 2
Connolly 2
Scowcroft 1

Subs-
Morris 2
Blake 2
Williams 2

yeah Connolly scored a goal, big deal, his percentage conversion rate of chances to goals must be really interesting reading.
Phew, finally someone watched the same game as I did

And what keeps making me cringe today is the pathetic sight of Scowcroft with his hands in the air while Forest score

and Connolly's miss... er miss.... er miss....

I'm waiting for 12.00 to start drinking again

Taylor - 7
Makin - 6
Keown - 7
Dublin - 7
Stewart - 6
Gillespie - 7
Nallis - 6
Joey - 8
Tiatto - 7
Scowcroft - 6
Connelly - 6

Blake - 5
Willaims - 6
Morris - 5

I must be the only one who thought we played well in the first half, we had enough chances to win it in the first 45. OK Connelly and Scowcroft missess were awfull but I was pleased with the performance and effort. Yes the second half we were poor but deserverd to win the game.

I was dissapointed with the chants "Our support is fcuking shit" and "Craig Levein sort it out"

Why wait till 12 Kam?And you were being too generous with that Scowcroft rating.How much does the guy weigh and he is continually knocked off the ball.He's better off on top of the tree in the Town Hall Square.

I thought we were ok in the first half and should have been 2 up at least. 2nd half we weren't as good but we were by far the better side over the whole 90 minutes.

As for some of the ratings for Gudjonnson and Connelly, I'm starting to think that some of you on here don't actually have a clue about football! Connelly's movement was brilliant, working the defence, holding it up, linking the midfield and attack, taking people on, getting shots in. I'd give him a 7 because he missed an easy chance in the 1st minute but kept going and got the goal he deserved.

Gudjonnson & Reid were the best 2 midfielders on show, Gudjonnson was breaking up their play (especially in the 1st half) and used the ball intelligently, passing it well, keeping possession and spreading the play well.

Taylor 6 Not much to do but did what he had to well, no chance with the goal

Makin 6 Solid in defence, passing was much improved.

Dublin 7 Solid in defence, passing was good, set up the goal with a great header

Keown 7 Solid, did his job

Stewart 5 Ok til they scored then went to pieces for some reason.

Gillespie 7 Ran at their defence, took people on, looked dangerous - some good crossing some bad crossing.

Gudjonnson 8 Ran the midfield in the 1st half, passed the ball very well, broke up their passing, did his job well.

Nalis 5 Not one of his best games, looked a bit slow at times

Tiatto 6 Looked like he might do something, never did.

Scowcroft 5 Missed a sitter and was generally marshalled well by Dawson

Connelly 7 Scored, missed, but overall his performance was good.

Subs

Morris 4 Useless

Blake 5 not on long enough to tell

Williams 5 not on long enough to tell

I don't know what some people expect but we are a middling 1st Division side, not arsenal. we don't have the players to be able to cut through teams with pace,passing etc. Accept what we've got, accept the limitations that we have and overall it was as good an away performance as I expected.

Our defence is good for this league, midfield is ok (just one paced and slightly predictable), the problem is with the goal scorers, who at the moment aren't doing their job. If we had been 2-0 up at halftime the game would have been different.

yesterday it was 50:50 which isn't too bad at all. And why did the defence get 2's when we restricted Forest to 1 chance all game? What do you want them to do? Score 3 each and beat the world record for keepy ups at half time?

Idiot.

Dunc said:
I thought we were ok in the first half and should have been 2 up at least. 2nd half we weren't as good but we were by far the better side over the whole 90 minutes.

As for some of the ratings for Gudjonnson and Connelly, I'm starting to think that some of you on here don't actually have a clue about football! Connelly's movement was brilliant, working the defence, holding it up, linking the midfield and attack, taking people on, getting shots in. I'd give him a 7 because he missed an easy chance in the 1st minute but kept going and got the goal he deserved.

Gudjonnson & Reid were the best 2 midfielders on show, Gudjonnson was breaking up their play (especially in the 1st half) and used the ball intelligently, passing it well, keeping possession and spreading the play well.

Taylor 6 Not much to do but did what he had to well, no chance with the goal

Makin 6 Solid in defence, passing was much improved.

Dublin 7 Solid in defence, passing was good, set up the goal with a great header

Keown 7 Solid, did his job

Stewart 5 Ok til they scored then went to pieces for some reason.

Gillespie 7 Ran at their defence, took people on, looked dangerous - some good crossing some bad crossing.

Gudjonnson 8 Ran the midfield in the 1st half, passed the ball very well, broke up their passing, did his job well.

Nalis 5 Not one of his best games, looked a bit slow at times

Tiatto 6 Looked like he might do something, never did.

Scowcroft 5 Missed a sitter and was generally marshalled well by Dawson

Connelly 7 Scored, missed, but overall his performance was good.

Subs

Morris 4 Useless

Blake 5 not on long enough to tell

Williams 5 not on long enough to tell

I don't know what some people expect but we are a middling 1st Division side, not arsenal. we don't have the players to be able to cut through teams with pace,passing etc. Accept what we've got, accept the limitations that we have and overall it was as good an away performance as I expected.

Our defence is good for this league, midfield is ok (just one paced and slightly predictable), the problem is with the goal scorers, who at the moment aren't doing their job. If we had been 2-0 up at halftime the game would have been different.

I wish I had some of what you're on!

Watched it a 2nd time and IMO Connolly played well,not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination but OK.I know he misses chances but he does create them for himself a lot of the time.Trust me the problem lies with the waste of space up there alongside him,any offers that come in for Scowcroft must be accepted...posts,balls,lemons anything.

kam said:

Taylor 5
Makin 2
Stewart 2
Keown 2
Dublin 2
Gillespie 5
Tiatto 4
Nalis 5
Gudjonsson 2
Connolly 2
Scowcroft 1

Subs-
Morris 2
Blake 2
Williams 2

The undisputed harshest rater of the sesason goes to Kam

taylor 6

makin 6
keown 7
dublin 7
stewart 5

tiatto 7
nalis 5
gudjohnson 6
gillespie 6

connolly 6
scowcroft 5

I've noticed many people are slagging connolly off for the "miss" in the opening 30 seconds. Yes he lost his footing and perhaps should of taken it first time BUT he still managed to get a shot in which forced the keeper to parry it. I noticed how gillespie isn't getting slated for his miss that followed, and before any wisecrack says it isn't gillespie's job to score goals but connolly's, then he did his job in the 91st minute.

There were some poor aspects to the game. But I thought we were a country mile better than the team were under MA. I'm also surprised how much stick Connolly is getting, he worked hard, was skilful and darved out some chances. Yeah he didn't score in the opening minute but he had enough foresight to put it on a plate for Gillespie. Funny that no one mentions scowcrofts dire header!

Hate to say it but a lot of you folks just whinge and moan. It doesn't help players with confidence issues and its generally disruptive. I'm sure you are all going to come back with some criticism of me that justifies your moaning, but I don't care you whining bunch of tossers :lol:

Dunc said:
yesterday it was 50:50 which isn't too bad at all. And why did the defence get 2's when we restricted Forest to 1 chance all game? What do you want them to do? Score 3 each and beat the world record for keepy ups at half time?
Idiot.
:? he had 3 chances in the first half alone

You are right Mk but 2 of those were chances he created for himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675