Player Ratings V Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
so that's not in a strikers job spec then hf :?

It is of course but someone should tell Mr.Scowcroft that ,how many did he create again?

they make heskey look prolific :wink:

Don't knock Emile (he might fall over) Banged one in for Brum this afternoon already.

From watching on TV

Taylor 6
Makin 6
Tiatto 7
Dublin 8
Keown 6
Gillespie 7
Stewart 4
Gudjonsson 5
Nalis 5
Connolly 5
Scowcroft 4

Subs:
Morris 5
Williams 5
Blake 5

Taylor 6
Makin 6
Stewart 5
Keown 7
Dublin 7
Gillespie 5
Tiatto 6
Nalis 6
Gudjonsson 4
Connolly 6
Scowcroft 3

Morris 3
Blake 4
Williams 5

A very poor F****t side. Really our performance was not acceptable against the worst side I have seen this season. The Trees set themselves up to play like the away team with men behind the ball but apart from those early chances we failed to break them down. Scowcroft has now cemented the idea in my head that he is not capable of playing as part of the front two, we now know why Adams played him wide.

Just back in, spent time reading the papers in the pub, Mercury first, I cannot believe the match reports, consider that maybe I've crossed over into an alternative dimension where last night's game was different. Then I read the other papers and now realise that the Mercury is existing in an alternative reality.

To quote from the Times: "In truth, thought, a fragmented derby revealed the sorry state to which football has descended in the East Midlands."

SilverFox said:
There were some poor aspects to the game. But I thought we were a country mile better than the team were under MA. I'm also surprised how much stick Connolly is getting, he worked hard, was skilful and darved out some chances. Yeah he didn't score in the opening minute but he had enough foresight to put it on a plate for Gillespie. Funny that no one mentions scowcrofts dire header!

Hate to say it but a lot of you folks just whinge and moan. It doesn't help players with confidence issues and its generally disruptive. I'm sure you are all going to come back with some criticism of me that justifies your moaning, but I don't care you whining bunch of tossers :lol:

Just to clarify that the smiley face meant I was joking about the tosser thing...I recognise that humour is sometimes lost in translation

taylor 6 - didnt have much to do, made some good claims in the air

makin 5 - solid enough defensively, but poor in possession, very slow to pass the ball once hes received it, a few times he got the ball and just stood there with it at his feet for a long time before he did something with it

dublin 8 - excellent performance albeit against a fairly poor attack, really commanding at the back and a threat from our set pieces

keown 7 - good in defence

stewart 5 - one of his poorer performances but he been solid most of the season, particularly of late so the people saying he should never play for us again, that he hasnt got a clue etc etc should give him a break

gillespie 7 - looks like our most threatening midfielder, got in some good crosses and ran with the ball a few times which was nice to see, corners improving too

nalis 6 - seemed to drift in and out of the game

gudjonnson 7 - buzzed about, injected some energy into things in the middle

tiatto 6 - ok but lost it a bit after they scored doing some stupid fouls

connolly 8 - ok he had a glaring miss but made up for it at the end and the other 2 chances he had were far from guilt edged. we look far more threatening when hes playing

scowcroft 3 - im a fan of scowy but this was one of his poorest performances of the season and with gillespie banging more and more crosses in he needs to start heading a few goals

morris 4 - ineffective
blake 5 - did jack all in the brief time he had
williams 5 - same

ok forest are a very poor side and we should have won however the ratings being given suggest a complete catastrophe - the sort of ratings you'd expect if we'd been thumped 3 or 4 nil. it wasnt the best performance but we picked up another point away from home and gillespie, gudjonnson and connolly all put in very promising performances.

I think Gillespie is improving,he seems a better player since CL arrived at least he now runs at defenders.Must be honest I'd given up on him months ago but hopefully we might get to see him back to his best.

Taylor 4
Makin 4
Stewart 4
Keown 4
Dublin 4
Gillespie 7
Tiatto 6
Nalis 7
Gudjonsson 2
Connolly 5
Scowcroft 2

Morris 2
Blake 1
Williams 6

Not gonna do lengthy ratings as usual as I only saw it on TV...

Taylor - 6 - didn't have much to do, one bad kick but otherwise looked alright, made some comfortable saves and his height is definitely a bonus.

Makin - 4 - woeful as usual, does not seem to be able to pass forward outside of our half, was beaten by Rogers a few times.

Keown - 6 - can't really understand why we don't play him at home (I know he's been injured a bit but Levein seems to prefer playing him away), he does lack the pace a bit though, certainly got the passion still though.

Dublin - 6 - looked knackered after the first 5 minutes but perhaps that's just the expression he always wears, used his experience well at points but his lack of pace is still a worry

Stewart - 5 - poor performance from Jordan considering how he's improved generally, did some good link-up play with Danny and I'm convinced they're our best left-side pairing (Tiatto will probably be out now though), nothing seemed to go right for him really though, seemed nervous and kept taking one touch too many.

Gillespie - 6 - not as good as he's been recently but still better than he was, should have done better with that first chance he had but at least he was there to miss it, put in some good crosses.

Gudjonsson - 7 - one of the best games I've seen him play, sorted out the midfield easily and did the simple passes well.

Nalis - 6 - had one good curling shot, still goes missing a bit.

Tiatto - 8 - My MOTM, sharp, determined, put in some good crosses and battled through the whole game, wanted to keep playing with a broken jaw!

Connolly - 6 - marked down for his inability to put away (all but one) of his chances, all around play was good and was pretty sharp.

Scowcroft - 4 - awfully weak header, generally worse than last week, needs dropping for at least one game.

Subs:

Morris - 2 - completely missing

Blake - 3 - touched the ball about once

Williams - 4 - probably marked up for his celebration, really only seemed to touch the ball once as well.

Taylor 6 - Not at fault for the goal, only time tested.
Makin 6 - Not great, not bad, nothing player really.
Stewart 6 - I thought 1st half he did ok...He frustrates me more than Akinbadbuyi did to be honest, he looks like he could be soooo good..But at times lets himself down..
Keown 7 - A leader, they didn't get a look in
Dublin 7 - I thought he was good, solid and great distribution, set up the goal too.
Tiatto 7 - A really good player, not his best night, but still good.
Nalis 6 - Quiet..
Joey 7 - Great first half, a really good player we have here IMO, give him time.
Gillespie 6 - Much improved, went missing towards the end..
Connolly 6 - Marked him down for the misses and back up for the goal, he did ok.
Scowie 5 - Poor.

Morris 5 - Come on Lee, you're better than this son.
Williams 6 - For the guts and celebrations....
Blake 4 - Whatever

Taylor 7 - Solid, good handling, could do nothing about the goal, has certainly helped shore things up at the back.

Makin 4 - Defensively, average at best and absolutely shocking when in possession. Stearman should be given a decent run, although I do understand CL reasons for not playing him in a East Midlands derby on TV in only his second full game.

Stewart 5 - Provides good movement down the left and does always try to get involved, but seems to lack confidence when attacking the opposition full back, links up well with Tiatto.

Keown 7 - Solid and a real winner, its a shame his winning mentality doesnt rub off on a few others.

Dublin 7 - Had a good game and looked fairly solid, and does offer an attacking option late on in games, great knock down for goal. Lack of pace is only concern.

Gillespie 7 - Bad miss in first minute, but it was good to see him getting into those sorts of positions, most improved player since CL's arrival looked a constant threat.

Gudjonsson 7 - Was everywhere, broke play up well and his distribution was greatly improved, didnt seem to panic in possession or be as hasty. His best game for us IMO.

Nalis 5 - Nice passes and does provide a goal scoring threat, but for me does not take the game by the scruff of the neck, drifts in and out and for me does not provide enough quality service for the front two.

Tiatto 6 - Worked hard, up and down, but not enough quality crosses from the left hand side for the front two to feed off.

Scowcroft 4 - Very poor, lacks mobility and looked disinterested, reminded me of Dublin and Blake under MA.

Connolly 8 - Worked hard for the team, gave Dawson and Morgan a really difficult night, movement was superb, and deserved his goal. Ploughed a lone forrow up front. Shame he missed a couple of good chances but at least he is still getting into those areas hopefully the goal will help ease the pressure on him and boost his confidence.

Subs

Morris 5 - Struggled to get into game and as yet not been able to demonstrate to the manager that he deserves a start.

Blake 5 - Not enough time to really shine, but looked eager and put himself about.

Williams 5 - Same as Blake, should have come on after about an hour for me, was getting loads of stick and I think this would have spurred him on. Would like to see him get a run of games to see how he does under Levein.

What were the 3 chances in the 1st half?

The 1st minute yes, the curler from 20 yards out which wasn't exactly a chance IMO more a good effort on goal. If he had scored it would have been a wonder goal. And i can't think of the other.

there were 3, i'm sure. did he have the shot that the keeper parried onto scowy's head for him to nod wide?

he had 3 opportunites to have a go at goal in the 1st half - the 1st one was a bad miss, the 2nd a decent strike which produced a good save and the 3rd was a shot from 20 yards with a defender between him and the goal so its harsh to say he had 3 clear cut chances, he had 2 at most

no one said clear cut, but he certainly had 3 chances that he didn't convert

Taylor 6 Wasnt really tested, kickin was quite poor again
Makin 5 Got Caught out a few times but did his job ok
Stewart 5 Worst game for a while
Dublin 6 solid at times, weak at times
Keown 6 very physical marked johnson out the game
Gillespie 8 Motm- always lookin to go forward and attack, he's gona b important for us this season IMO
Tiatto 7 energy, pace, enthusiasm a good captains performance
Nalis 6 drifted in and out but was ok
Gudjonnson 7 his best game this season, wish he would get his free kicks on target coz he's got a gr8 shot on him
Connolly 7 lively, worked hard for the team missed chances- yes but he deserved his goal and hopefully this wil give him the confidence to score more goals for us
Scowcroft 4 Poor, his worst game this season, at 1 point he could have drew a defender wide but decided to stand still meanin connolly's only option was to shoot, is he really a striker??
Subs
Morris 5 where were you??
Blake 5 put himself about but thats it
Williams 5 not much time to show what he can do but give him loads more points for the passion he shown when he celebrated our goal

Taylor 6
Makin 5
Dublin 7
Keown 6
Stewart 4
Gillespie 6
Nalis 4
Gudjonsson 5
Tiatto 5
Connolly 3
Scowcroft 3

Morris 4