Player ratings versus Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scowcroft 10 only player to applaude the fans after game

i was rather pissed off about none of the others appluading

Taylor 3 - Walker is always screwing at the denfese if they cock up, no communication at all from Taylor!
Makin 1 - I truly don't think there words can express his performace, why were Ipswich pissed off when he left? I'd be throwing a party!
Dublin 5 - yeah he was there, but all to often he missed the ball completely and it was only luck they didnt punish that too!
Heath 3 - Wasn't up to much!
Stewart 7 - MoTM again, good effort and our only caring/attcking player! Long may his form continue!
Gillespie 2 - Stupidity! Why give the ref the chance to send him off?
Nalis 3 - some good passes but too anonymous!
Gudjonsson 4 - a good effort but once again no end result!
Gemill 1 - has anyone ver seen him on the ball? WTF is he doing in our team?
Scowcroft 3 - inefective
Connolly 4 - hard working on his own!

Wright 6 -effort and commitment
Williams 6 - good play nice passes too
Moriss - didnt do much, why did sheff U hate him so much? and what kicked off with him whilst warming up?

CL 3 - Tactically poor IMO, what did he expect us to do with 1 up front? Futher more his team selection is worrying! One starts to wonder if he really is all he's cracked up to be, because IMO the squad he has isnt that bad, he has plenty of talent out there and yes some will say tehy don't care well who's job is it to make them care? To be honest I don't agree with public slatings of players from managment - its always a sign of things going wrong (just look at MA and conerlly in the QPR match!). Overall I am begining to worry about what we've signed up for!

Hi everyone, a few things. Firstly a last call for ratings before I announce the results this evening.

Secondly, I will NOT be counting the ridiculous ratings that some of you have given as these can drag down the ratings to a point where they just don't give an accurate impression as to how the players have played and I'm sure you can understand this.

Thirdly, I will strive to get the half-season awards up before new year, but I am shorter on time than I thought, so I may have to abandon them and just give awards at the end of the season.

sheffield_fox said:
I will NOT be counting the ridiculous ratings that some of you have given as these can drag down the ratings to a point where they just don't give an accurate impression as to how the players have played and I'm sure you can understand this.

which ones are ridiculous?
if that's how people feel surely that does give an accurate impression

sheffield_fox said:
Hi everyone, a few things. Firstly a last call for ratings before I announce the results this evening.

Secondly, I will NOT be counting the ridiculous ratings that some of you have given as these can drag down the ratings to a point where they just don't give an accurate impression as to how the players have played and I'm sure you can understand this.

Thirdly, I will strive to get the half-season awards up before new year, but I am shorter on time than I thought, so I may have to abandon them and just give awards at the end of the season.

Where are the ridiculous ratings, most players on that pitch wearing an LCFC shirt were a disgrace. Surely the amount of people who gave 1's and 2's cant be wrong, and anyway its all about peoples perception. Censuring peoples opinion surely defeats the object of what you are doing!!??

The last thing I am trying to do is to censor the ratings, but just imagine this situation as an example, people are giving poor ratings of 4 and 5's across the board, giving each player an average rating of between 4 and 5. That's fair enough, then someone comes along and gives 1's and 2's across the board, it drags down the overall concensus and therefore NOT giving an accurate impression. Surely you understand that?

sheffield_fox said:
The last thing I am trying to do is to censor the ratings, but just imagine this situation as an example, people are giving poor ratings of 4 and 5's across the board, giving each player an average rating of between 4 and 5. That's fair enough, then someone comes along and gives 1's and 2's across the board, it drags down the overall concensus and therefore NOT giving an accurate impression. Surely you understand that?

Not really, I appreciate what you are doing mate but by removing peoples ratings then you are not getting an accurate impression, the only way to have it accurate is to include everyones ratings.

You will notice from my ratings for instance, that I havent given everyone 2's and 3's, those that were better got 6's etc.

You don't seem to understand fully, I know what you are saying and I will not be removing people's ratings where for example they have rated like yourself. It just drags everything down when you get someone coming in giving everyone in the team a 1.

sheffield_fox said:
You don't seem to understand fully, I know what you are saying and I will not be removing people's ratings where for example they have rated like yourself. It just drags everything down when you get someone coming in giving everyone in the team a 1.

Yeah OK, I can see that if someone just goes down the team list and gives everone 1 out of ten they havent given it much thought and may not be worthy of being entered in to the final reconing. It might be good to list the posters whose scores have been omitted for stupid scoring??

On the other hand I cant really see anyones ratings that are like this for the SUFC match other one maybe. My point being I guess, if you give scope to rate from 1 to 10 then a bad performance could warrant a 1 and a good performance could warrant a 10.

sheffield_fox said:
It just drags everything down when you get someone coming in giving everyone in the team a 1.

like who?

You cannot censor the ratings to get the result you want... it's not right

The ratings are a fans subjective appraisal

I think mos people start off with the following in mind: 1 - 2 being a very bad display; 3 - 4 being a bad/poor 5 - 6 being average 7-8 being above average and 9 - 10 being a god like football genius display.

Obviously people have differing opinions, the averaging of those opinions should yield a coherent result

kam, I clearly stated that I was NOT trying to censor the results, certainly not to get the result that I want, I want to get the general fans opinion. All I am saying is that I will not be including people who just give everyone in the team a 1 out of frustration. I'm sure people can agree with me on that one?

sheffield_fox said:
All I am saying is that I will not be including people who just give everyone in the team a 1 out of frustration . I'm sure people can agree with me on that one?

i agree 100%, thing is nobody has voted that way
or have they???

Macky said:
sheffield_fox said:
All I am saying is that I will not be including people who just give everyone in the team a 1 out of frustration . I'm sure people can agree with me on that one?

or have they???

Yeah me too. I cant see anyone thats voted that way either. Maybe someone on the championship manager forum has done it??

DurhamFox said:
Macky said:
sheffield_fox said:

or have they???

Yeah me too. I cant see anyone thats voted that way either. Maybe someone on the championship manager forum has done it??

Shef you have always run this in a very fair and open minded manner, know one will question you integraty or motives for not including protest votes.

Keep up the good work

Surely the votes of 10 for scowcroft should be eliminated as these appear to be for applauding not for any footballing performance.

Frankly I'd rather have 11 players who won games and gave the fans the finger than sicofantic (spelling) shite players, who disguise their badness by playing to the crowd.

For clapping - Scowcroft 0

Scowcroft 10 only player to applaude the fans after game

If any of the players clap the fans at the end of the Burnley game you know they've been reading this site!!!

Yeh agreed, the idea is to base the ratings on footballing performance, not on if they came over to clap the fans. Unless there is strong opposition, this is one rating I will be eliminating.

The first sign of discontent with CL's appointment I see,to be expected I suppose always give our Managers plenty of time don't we.'Plenty of talent out there' have we....they must hide it well.Let CL get some of his own players in then see if you feel the same.At least he as identified the lack of commitment which others before him failed to spot.I know we are all pissed off but starting on CL is a little premature I think.How much as he spent again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669