Player Ratings vs Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Walker - 7 - aw, how I've missed the loveable fruitcake :D He goes at least a quarter if not more up the pitch when we have a free kick in their half, he runs out of his area loads and is a bit crazy, but he's great! He was frustrated with every decision by the ref and missed chance and was frequently edging up the pitch to tell the players what they should be doing (some people might not like these things but it was possibly the only thing that entertained me during the whole game). As for the playing side :wink: he made a good save with his legs, collected the ball comfortably in the air (or punched once when he had to), didn't look to be anything he could do about their goal. Please stay Ian, for my sanity :(

Maybury - 6 - made an excellent run back to stop a certain goal when Dabizas left Walker two-on-one. Ran forward a bit but didn’t really put many attacking balls in.

Heath - 6 - a lot will disagree I’m sure but I think he’s getting better in respect to some parts of his game. He’s actually passing along the ground a lot more and winning more headers. Still sticks his hand up for offside too much though, and often waits for Dabizas to tell him what to do...

Dabizas - 6 - while he had a pretty solid first half and was quick to trouble quite a few times, he also liked to give them the ball a bit, and as always jump on top of players and tug their shirts. Probably should have done better with the free header he got in the box as well.

Stewart - 6 - Defensively sound, and after all that is his job as a left back. He did let himself down a few times with bad final balls, and was shoved off the ball a bit too... but he also put in the cross that caused our goal, and won the ball back a few times when he'd lost it. Was not our best player, nor our worst, I was irritated by the stick he got as it seems people are willing to give everyone second chances but him.

Gillespie - 7 - good goal, seemed thrilled as well, went on some good runs down the wing but still has the tendency to cut inside a bit too much, or hang back on the wing rather than taking it to the bye line.

Gudjonsson - 6 - passed it around well and ran about as usual, didn’t put in any killer passes but was solid in my opinion. But for goodness sake stop saying ‘shoot’ when he has the ball, I sit behind a goal you know, it gets a little tiresome having to put up your hands all the time.

Williams - 6 - as usual with his performances, it hit-and-anonymous. He had some great touches and a good chance in the box but otherwise drifted in and out of play, wasn't exactly 'inspiring' anyway.

Tiatto - 4 - worst game I’ve seen him play for us. I can’t think of one cross he put in that was good, most went behind people and were easily cleared. He didn’t seem to do anything in the second half and his usual ‘bite’ wasn’t there. He did clear the ball off the line though once.

Connolly - 6 - his movement along the wings was good, somehow he won a few headers and put in a few nice passes, but he also got bundled off the ball a bit and most importantly I don’t think he had one shot, on goal or otherwise.

Scowcroft - 5 - wasn’t as poor as previously as he seemed to try more and looked committed, unfortunately as Benji found those kind of things aren’t all that you need in this league. His flick-ons went to no-one, the shot he had was woefully weak, and in the second half he needed to be taken off because he was doing nothing.

Subs:

Nalis - 5 - his only involvement with play appeared to be when he got in the way of one of our passes and let it deflect off him to the opposition, hardly seemed to touch the ball otherwise and didn't really offer anything.

de Vries - 6 - again had good movement and turned well, but the ball didn't seem to stick to his feet very well. And he's not very good with headers.

Hughes - 6 - didn't really do too much put did go down the wing and try to put a cross in. Need to see more of him before I make a judgement.

Very six-y ratings from me today as well, but I thought it was a generally a very average performance, better than some we've seen this season, not as good as ones recently.

step

Walker 7 - Nice to have him back, But stop hoofing please
Maybury 8 - Covered for heath with passion and skill. top man
Stewart 6 - Not linking up with Tiato
Dabizas 6 - Good but makes silly mistakes
Heath 4 - Cost us a goal, and lucky he did not give a penelty. Twat
Gillespie 6 - He must take the ball to the line before he crosses
Tiatto 8 - The main man, that makes thgings happen
Gudjonsson 6 - He scored a gem the other week, dont today
Williams 5 - Seamed angly and hoffed it anywhere
Connolly 7 - Out of position, makes no space, misses chances.
Scowcroft 5 - After last weeks reports I expected passion. DOH.

Nalis 6 - Has an ability for long passes, makes things happen
De Vries 6 - Wasted opertunities on connely. DIY MDV
Hughes 7 - I am impressed, has real potential.

We just need some one to score goals for us. Connely was playing wide for a lot of the game, he dont lose his markers and wastes to much time setting the ball up. One touch, then score please. not three touches and watch the defender take it of you.

Nottingham Fox

step said:
Walker 7 - Nice to have him back, But stop hoofing please
Maybury 8 - Covered for heath with passion and skill. top man
Stewart 6 - Not linking up with Tiato
Dabizas 6 - Good but makes silly mistakes
Heath 4 - Cost us a goal, and lucky he did not give a penelty. Twat
Gillespie 6 - He must take the ball to the line before he crosses
Tiatto 8 - The main man, that makes thgings happen
Gudjonsson 6 - He scored a gem the other week, dont today
Williams 5 - Seamed angly and hoffed it anywhere
Connolly 7 - Out of position, makes no space, misses chances.
Scowcroft 5 - After last weeks reports I expected passion. DOH.

Nalis 6 - Has an ability for long passes, makes things happen
De Vries 6 - Wasted opertunities on connely. DIY MDV
Hughes 7 - I am impressed, has real potential.

We just need some one to score goals for us. Connely was playing wide for a lot of the game, he dont lose his markers and wastes to much time setting the ball up. One touch, then score please. not three touches and watch the defender take it of you.

Connolly plays everywhere cos he has no choice. He may not lose his markers cos the oposition usually have 2 or 3 around him when he has the ball. His work rate is un-believeable, and when he has the ball it excites me. We have no one else in the squad who can go by players and create so much, and to say he makes no space i think is very harsh. You can see he gets frustrated with Stewart, he had the oppoutunity to lay him off one after the other yesterday, but Connolly knows he's garbage and prefered to knock it in himself. Stewart in recent weeks has been a better player, and it's obvious CL thinks he's good enough for the team or he would have brought a left back maybe instead of a midfielder. I just wish he'd give a more consistent performance week in week out.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Walker 5 -
Maybury 7
Stewart 5
Dabizas 7
Heath 3
Gillespie 6
Tiatto 5
Gudjonsson 6
Williams 5
Connolly 7
Scowcroft 5

Nalis 4
De Vries 7
Hughes 7

LS6_Fox

Walker - 6 Didn't really have much to do, a decent save in the second half when there striker went clear through.
Maybury - 6 Solid performance
Dabizas - 5 Went downhill as the game progressed, one shocking backpass that nearly put them through on goal
Heath - 5 Poor defending for their goal, allowed their striker to turn him to easily. Signs of improvement, but sadly I don't think he's good enough
Stewart - 6 Reasonably solid defensively, his crossing really lets himself down at times, needs more conifence in his own abilities.
Gillespie - 7 Really pleased with his performances, looking more and more like the Gillespie of old, took his goal well
Gudjonnson - 6 Again improving, passing was better, shots were woeful though!
Williams - 6 Quite quiet game, didn't really do anything wrong, some touches of class, just wasn't involved enough
Tiatto - 4 Disappointing, poor passing and crosses
Connolly - 6.5 Works very hard, great first touch, didn't really get many chances on goal
Scrowcroft - 5 Another poor performance, doesn't seem commited

Subs:
Nalis - 2 Not too sure why he was brought on, did absolutely nothing, was rightly subbed
MDV - 6 Linked up well with Connolly, I think they could make a very good partnership, still doesn't seem 100% fit
Hughes - 7 This lad looks like a class act, great first touch and turn, shame he wasn't on for longer, he could be a very astute signing

Muttley

De Vries and Hughes both looked excellent when they came on - MDV's control is excellent for such a tall player, but he did fall over quite a bit. But he could link up well with Connolly.

Hughes looked like a class act and made a real difference - wish he had played longer.

Semper Eadem

Walker 6
Maybury 7
Stewart 6
Dabizas 6
Heath 3
Gillespie 7
Tiatto 4
Gudjonsson 7
Williams 5
Connolly 7
Scowcroft 5

MDV 6.5
Nalis 4
Hughes 5

Billy Boy

joe501 said:
Walker - 7 - nothing much to do

Maybury - 6 - ditto
Heath - 6 - too eaisly turned for the goal
Dabizas - 7 - good overall, one scary slip up though
Stewart - 5 - what really annoyed me was the cross near the end where we were piled in the box and he fluffed it

Gillespie - 7 - good, but should have run at players more sometimes
Williams - 4 - did nothing
Gudjonsson - 7 - worked hard but should not have shot as often
Tiatto - 8 - MOTM - good passing and movement

Connolly - 7 - dull, didnt get the ball much
Scowcroft - 3 - glad weve got MDV on this performance

Subs:
De Vries - 7 - looks really promising, holds the ball up much better than slowcroft
Nalis - 5 - dull
Hughes - 7 - looks very good from what i saw, a footballer, maybe a new izzet?

Should have been shot possibly!

Honestly I thought the game was very poor. A lot if not all of our players played in 10 minute bursts though rarely combined.

If I had to give marks out of 10 then it would be 6/10 for the team effort.

Crewe were there for the taking and a little more positivity would have resulted in a comprehensive win.

Walker 6 Saved well. Could do nothing about the goal.
Maybury 7 Solid enough links well with Gillespie
Stewart 3 Apart from the cross that led to the goal a complete waste of time.
Dabizas 5 Poor by his previous standards.
Heath 3 Ditto.
Gillespie 7 I would hazard to say our most consistant player over the past few weeks.
Tiatto 4 Awful
Gudjonsson 5 Ditto
Williams 6 Reasonable performance. Looing forward to him playing along side Hughes on a regular basis.
Connolly 6 Ran a lot but contributed nothing.
Scowcroft 5 Micky Adam's love child is back!

MDV 7 Looked hungry
Nalis 4 Awful
Hughes 7 Looked useful.

step

I just dont think connely is the right man to take us forward. he has had ample opertunity. simply need more goals

silkman

IW 7
AM 6
ND 6
MH 4
JS 6
KG 7
JG 6
GW 5
DT 6
DC 6
JS 5

LN 4
MDV 6
SH 7

Stephen Hughes MOM & Player of the season!!!

xsubmariner

Walker 6.5 Good to have him back
Maybury 6.5 He has a lot to offer
Dabizas 5.5 Did some good work then nearly threw it all away with a suicidal back pass.
Heath 6
Stewart 6 it seems him and Matt H are like marmite. Fans either love or hate them. some moments of good play are interspersed with moments of tosh!! (not john)
Gillespie 7.5 Footballer reborn? but why does he keep coming into the middle of the park. Stay out wide Dizzy.
Gudjohnson 6 Still not sure about Joey
Williams 6 Not a good half but was there mitigating circumstances your honour?
Tiatto 5.5 Wants to do too much, The understanding that was there with Stewart seems to have faded
Connolly 6.5 Huffed and puffed, but his game noticeably improved when MDV came on.
Scowie 4.5 He's getting worse. Couldn't trap a bag of cement yesterday.

Subs:
MDV 6.5 Helped chnage the game when he came on. Some good touches for a big man.
Nalis 5 A sub being subbed! Are his days numbered at City? (He did say he wants to go back to the land of frogs legs and horses meat next season)
Hughes 7.5 If the brief time he was on is anything to go by, this lad looks the biz. Before the match I was asked "Do you think City miss muzzy?".
Maybe , just maybe we have a new player of his mould. Somebody to put bums on seats. Somebody to turn a game..
Having said that I remember a certin Matt Jones debut and we all raved about how brill he was. So, lets just wait and see. :wink:

bertfox

Walker 6 one good save, could do nothin bout the goal, nowt else to do.
Maybury 6 look good goin frwd,caught out a few times at the back
Stewart 6 crossed for the goal, didnt rly do much else
Heath 5 all i can remember him doin was a crunchin tackle on LukeVarney
Dabizas 6 good 1st half, not so good second half
Gillespie 8 motm always lookin to attack, great touches n crosses and of coures the vital goal
Tiatto 7 energy lead by example, no booking!!!!!
Williams 6 drifted in and out, but was good wen he was in
Gudjonsson 6 grit and determination, needs a betta understanding with the player's around him
Connolly 7 worked hard AGAIN, won headers!!!! drifted out a bit much tho
Scowy 5 ???? we know u can do it, so why dont u??
De Vries 6.5 please start the nxt game ur class
Nalis 6 tried hard drifted sometimes tho
Hughes 6.5 not rly much time on but he impressed most ppl

Hazzman

Walker 6

Maybury 6
Stewart 5
Dabizas 6- Outstanding first half, terrible second
Heath 4

Gillespie 7
Tiatto 5
Gudjonsson 5
Williams 6

Connolly 7
Scowcroft 5

SUBS-
Nalis 6
De Vries 7
Hughes 6

Brauny Blue

Muttley said:
De Vries and Hughes both looked excellent when they came on - MDV's control is excellent for such a tall player, but he did fall over quite a bit. But he could link up well with Connolly.

Hughes looked like a class act and made a real difference - wish he had played longer.

The new Heskey :lol:

Boy Genius

Banned
Walker 7
Maybury 7
Stewart 5
Dabizas 5
Heath 4
Gillespie 8.5 again my MOM
Tiatto 5
Gudjonsson 8 made mistakes but was everywhere
Williams 7
Connolly 8
Scowcroft 6

Subs:
Nalis 6
De Vries 7
Hughes 7 must start next game

Lboro fox

Walker 6
Maybury 7
Stewart 6
Dabizas 6
Heath 6
Gillespie 7
Tiatto 5
Gudjonsson 6
Williams 6
Connolly 7
Scowcroft 4.5

Subs:
Nalis 5
De Vries 7
Hughes 7

Dunc

i thought we played well until the final 3rd when the delivery into the box was generally dire from everyone, although Gillespie put a fwe good ones into the box and Stewart did one for the goal. Aside from that, we passed it well IMO.

Walker 6 - nothing much to do but did ok
Maybury 6
Stewart 5 - too many bad passes/crosses
Heath 6 - ok but at fault for the goal
Dabizas - 6 ditto
Gillespie - 7
Gudjonnson - 8 MOM, passed it well, bad shots but was all over the pitch making challenges and linking defence & attack like a good midfielder should
Williams - 6.5 ok but no end product for an attacking midfielder
Tiatto - 5.5 no end product to his work
Connelly - 6 Not his best game
Scowcroft - 5 ditto

Subs

Nalis - 5 did nothing. Seriously nothing.
MDV - 7 at least posed some kind of threat
Hughes - 7.5 looked a quality player for the 15 mins he was on.

pipes

Walker 6
Maybury 6
Stewart 6
Dabizas 6
Heath 6
Gillespie 7
Tiatto 5
Gudjonsson 6
Williams 6
Connolly 6
Scowcroft 6

Subs:
Nalis 5
De Vries 6
Hughes 6

Bobby Smith

Walker 6
Maybury 7
Stewart 6
Dabizas 5
Heath 7
Gillespie 7
Tiatto 6
Gudjonsson 6
Williams 5
Connolly 8
Scowcroft 4

Subs:
Nalis 5
De Vries 7
Hughes 6

bluefox

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walker 7
Maybury 6
Stewart 7
Dabizas 5
Heath 5
Gillespie 7
Tiatto 7
Gudjonsson 6
Williams 7
Connolly 7
Scowcroft 4

Subs: