Player Ratings vs Plymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor - 8 - Did everything he needed to do well, I know some people didn't like the punching but at least he got it out which Pressman failed to do on numerous occasions. Don’t think he’s better than Walker, but he probably can be. He can kick a long ball but needs to keep it lower. Overall I’m happy and hope we keep him for a bit longer, he seemed to enjoy our goals..

Makin - 4 - poor, usual on-off game really epitomised by the moment when he won the ball well just outside the six-yard box then dawdled about with it to have it taken from his feet by one of their players. Offers little going forward (though he did put in that cross...) I'm not really impressed, Canero must be injured.

Dabizas - 5 - I'm sorry I just cannot like him. Still gives away free kicks in dangerous areas, and when going forward often goes for the 40-yard pass to nowhere.

Dublin - 6 - better in defence than attack but still not a commanding presence, good goal but he had our hearts in our mouths at the other end when he tried to turn one into his own net... got rounded easily by their quicker attackers but also put in a couple of good tackles.

Stewart - 8 - quieter going forward this match, possibly because his partnership with Tiatto that was going so well had to be broken up, still solid defensively and high on confidence, would love to see him score one of those fantastic goals again..

Gillespie - 8 - MOTM just, cut inside a few too many times in the first half but got steadily better as the match progressed, great cross for the goal and he has to be this seasons most improved player and hopefully it’ll continue.

Nalis - 7 - did well when asked to move to the left and managed to put a couple of crosses in with his weaker foot, was good in midfield but possibly a little anonymous at times. Great shot just wide but I wish people around me would stop saying 'shoot' when he’s 50 yards out with his back to goal and the ball flying at his head....

Gemmill - 6 - kept the midfield running at times, but at others put in sloppy passes and was shown up for pace/match fitness. Still not sure whether we should have kept him.

Morris - 5 - disappointing after some successful sub appearances, hardly seemed to get a touch of the ball and when he did he managed nothing with it.

Connolly - 5 - when does ‘he tries really hard’ change from a negative to a positive thing...I guess when that's all he does. He gets bundled off the ball too easily, now has service into the box but doesn’t seem to know what to do with it, has poor first touch and at the end of the day he’s a striker and is paid to score goals, which he’s not doing.

Scowcroft - 7 - good goal almost set up by himself, threatening in the air and generally harassed their defenders, should have more shots on goal though...

Subs:

Williams - 7 - improved, changed the game in the second half, was brave at the end as well trying to prevent an equaliser.

Blake - 5 - better, not brilliant, but better

Taylor 7 he did well. he gets to the floor very quickly for a big lad. i feel very comfortable with him there except for those punches but atleast its his fistr rather than an attackers head that gets to the ball first.

Makin 6 i much prefer canero at right back.

Stewart 8 good day for him! he got forward well and didn't do too badly in defence. he actually managed to pull off a few tricks too.

Dabizas 5.5 all i remember was him giving away free kicks. though he did make 1 or 2 good tackles.

Dublin 8 i think people are being harsh on him here. he did well in defence and managed to break down quite a few good attacks

Gillespie 8 crap first half. better second. he got as soon as he puts in a decent cross we score.

Morris 4 shocking. always lost the ball.

Gemmill 6 put himself about but too many stray passes

Nalis 7 didn't do much wrong

Connolly 5 i am losing patience. he doesn't seem to have that cutting edge.

Scowcroft 7 did well

Subs:
Williams 7.5 was it down to him that we were much better in the second half?

Blake 6 same old same old

Hi guys, any more votes really will count! There is less than 0.1 between the top four players so keep your votes coming in because you will make a difference!

Taylor 6 Did well but punching makes me nervous.

Makin 6 Not as good as Canero but he did well with the assist.

Stewart 7 More of the same please Jordan.

Dabizas 5 Same old Nikos, grappling with the opposition and then looking astounded when he gives away a free kick.

Dublin 6 I have to average out his marks between first and second half. First 45 - 4, second 45 - 8. Matt Heath must be worried as Dublin is no centre back.

Gillespie 8 finest perfomance in a city shirt.

Morris 6 Looked keen but didnt really work out.

Gemmill 6 Williams please.

Nalis 7 Solid, please stay next season.

Connolly 6 Tried hard, Im his biggest fan but am starting to lose patience a bit.

Scowcroft 7 Brave header for the goal, played well.

Subs:
Williams 8 Turned the midfield battle around for us.

Blake 6 has looked sharper and fitter of late

Heard a rumour last night linking us with David Graham,Stranraers striker scored 30 odd goals in 40 matches,young and fast apparently.However this guys info is usually 50% horseshit so make of it what you will.

highland fox said:
Heard a rumour last night linking us with David Graham,Stranraers striker scored 30 odd goals in 40 matches,young and fast apparently.However this guys info is usually 50% horseshit so make of it what you will.

So 15 goals in 20 matches, medium pace?

Taylor 7 - Good home debut, quality save in the dying seconds

Makin 6 - Better than normal
Dabizas 6 - Although his tackling worries me, fairly solid game
Dublin 7 - Agree with Durham, 1st half garbage, 2nd half fantastic
Stewart 7 - A good game, if he can be like this week in week out, we'l be fine on the left flank

Gillespie 8 - I'm glad Levein has given him the chance, bags of potential.
Gemmill 7 - Good game
Nalis 7 - Great as usual
Morris 6 - Found it difficult

Scowcroft 7 - Was worried by recent performances, but a good game on saturday
Connolly 6 - Tried and tried again, but still no goals ... worried

Nottingham Fox said:
Taylor 7 - Good home debut, quality save in the dying seconds

Makin 6 - Better than normal
Dabizas 6 - Although his tackling worries me, fairly solid game
Dublin 7 - Agree with Durham, 1st half garbage, 2nd half fantastic
Stewart 7 - A good game, if he can be like this week in week out, we'l be fine on the left flank

Gillespie 8 - I'm glad Levein has given him the chance, bags of potential.
Gemmill 7 - Good game
Nalis 7 - Great as usual
Morris 6 - Found it difficult

Scowcroft 7 - Was worried by recent performances, but a good game on saturday
Connolly 6 - Tried and tried again, but still no goals ... worried
Where are you today mate?

Taylor 7
Makin 4
Stewart 7
Dabizas 6
Dublin 4
Gillespie 6
Morris 5
Gemmill 5
Nalis 6
Connolly 6
Scowcroft 7

Subs:
Williams 7
Blake 6

muzzy magic said:
Taylor - 8
Makin - 6
Dabizas - 5
Dublin - 3
Stewart - 8
Morris - 3
Gemmill - 5
Gillespie - 8
Scowcroft - 7
Connolly -3

Williams -7
Blake -6

oh forgot Nalis 8

Taylor - 7
Makin - 5
Dabizas - 6
Dublin - 4.5
Stewart - 7
Morris - 5
Gemmill - 6
Gillespie - 8
Scowcroft - 6
Connolly - 6

Williams - 8
Blake - 6

I find it amazing that everyone seems to think dublin did well, in the first half he was running away from unmarked men to shout at someone to mark them. At one point he was in the left back position and shouting at stewart to mark up in the centre. I thought him and makin were complete liabilities on saturday, makin made 3 or 4 errors that would have been punished by a better team. I personally felt that we were lucky that plymouth were so poor. Couldnt see dublins efforts 2nd half as a sit in the kop, but the defending looked far from confident. As for giving him the captains armband????

Taylor 7
Makin 4
Stewart 7
Dabizas 6
Dublin 4
Gillespie 8
Morris 5
Gemmill 5
Nalis 5
Connolly 6 looks better when played on the wing IMO
Scowcroft 7

Subs:
Williams 8 looked better in midfield when he came on
Blake 5 better but still lacked ability, pace, passion everything a footballer needs

Can I just get an opinion, how much of the month do people think that a player should have played to be considered for player of the month? Up until now I have used 40% as a mark, but in the context of this month that is someone who has played two games of the five.

When thinking about it this way, this doesn't seem like enough somehow. What do people think? Should I continue to use 40% or perhaps increase this slightly?

sheffield_fox said:
Can I just get an opinion, how much of the month do people think that a player should have played to be considered for player of the month? Up until now I have used 40% as a mark, but in the context of this month that is someone who has played two games of the five.

When thinking about it this way, this doesn't seem like enough somehow. What do people think? Should I continue to use 40% or perhaps increase this slightly?

Id say 60%

just read sport on monday in today's leicester mercury.... and they gave the star man to..... wait for this....... chris makin :roll:

bertfox said:
just read sport on monday in today's leicester mercury.... and they gave the star man to..... wait for this....... chris makin :roll:

What's wrong with that.. from where I sat he had a decent game... made some very telling passes which were on the whole extremely accurate and allowed Gillespie some of the chances to run at them that otherwise he wouldn't have had.

From what I saw of Canero in the last game he could not put those balls down the line and he seemed pretty clueless when one of the oppostion ran at him and usually past him... :roll:

Plus his cross for Dublin's goal has to be worth an extra point or two :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670