Gemmill 5
Nalis 5
Gudjonsson 5
Scowcroft 4
Blake 5

Subs:
Williams 5
Morris 5

Taylor-7 solid, ciould do nothing to stop either goals.
Stearman-8 MOTM. excellent debut start, timely tackles, awarness, good pace
Stewart-7 some good tackles, shown lots of pace, growing in confidence
Dabizas-6 dived in too early, got caught for pace a lot of the time
Dublin-5 what are you doing??
Gillespie-6 one of his worse games under CL, got some decent crosses in
Joey- 5 average performance some good things some bad things
Nalis-7 played wel, sprayed the ball around well, showing a lot of desire and passion for the club
Gemmil-5.5 i think his run in the team should now end
Blake-5 POO. Put himself about but thts about it
Scowcroft-6 won headers won tackles ran with the ball too
Subs:
Morris-5 Little time to impress
Williams-5 was very discreet

Taylor - 7

Stearman - 8 -MOTM
Dublin - 6
Dabizas - 7
Stewart - 7

Gillespie - 6
Gudjonsson - 5
Nalis - 4
Gemill - 5

Blake - 4
Scowcroft - 5

0,,10274~436960,00.jpg

Taylor - 4
Stearman - 8
Dublin - 4
Dabizas - 4
Stewart - 4
Gillespie - 4
Gudjonsson - 4
Nalis - 4
Gemill - 4
Scowcroft - 4

Subs:
Morris-4
Williams-4

Taylor 6 Not his best game, couple of dodgy kicks, looked a bit uneasy coming for crosses (i'm a big fan but everyone can have an off day) did make some good saves, not at fault for the goals

Stearman 9 For a debut, this 17 year old was calm and collective, something special for the future, great tackles great awearness....as i've seen him plenty of times in the reserves i new he was ready for this level

Dublin 6 Nothing special

Dabizas 6 big time charlie....look mate your not that great, get of the crest of the wave from you country's euro 04 win (which you didn't kick a single ball) and knuckle down, dives in too much and gives away too many stupid free kicks...get Heath, Keown or even Elliott in!

Stewart 5 where do i start, i can't believe i've looked at all the other ratings and people are giving him 7!!! were you watching a different game? the last few games he's played well, but i lost count how many times he gave the ball away, he is so frustrating to watch cos he has talent he looks scared to take players on, instead he turns back and passes to Gemmill or Nalis

Gillespie 6 Vastly improved player from what we have seen under Adams, wants to take players on and gets good crosses in, only problem at the moment is that he gives up to easily

Gudjonsson 5 not a great performance...nothing else to say

Nalis 7 Thought he played well, passed well, shows plenty of passion

Gemmill 6 likes to sit back and splay the paces about, didn't do alot wrong today

Blake 6 Not to bad in the early stages but got worse from there

Scowcroft 6 Didn't really do alot today....in fact can't think of anything

Morris 4 Too light weight get's knocked of the ball to easy, made some good runs though

williams 5 did ok nothing special

CL 5 didn't have the players motovated enough, should have bought benji on, cos he couldn't do any worse that blake or scowy....i hope this is a minor blip....we need a 20 goal a season striker!!!!!!

muzzy magic said:
Taylor 6 Not his best game, couple of dodgy kicks, looked a bit uneasy coming for crosses (i'm a big fan but everyone can have an off day) did make some good saves, not at fault for the goals

Stearman 9 For a debut, this 17 year old was calm and collective, something special for the future, great tackles great awearness....as i've seen him plenty of times in the reserves i new he was ready for this level

Dublin 6 Nothing special

Dabizas 6 big time charlie....look mate your not that great, get of the crest of the wave from you country's euro 04 win (which you didn't kick a single ball) and knuckle down, dives in too much and gives away too many stupid free kicks...get Heath, Keown or even Elliott in!

Stewart 5 where do i start, i can't believe i've looked at all the other ratings and people are giving him 7!!! were you watching a different game? the last few games he's played well, but i lost count how many times he gave the ball away, he is so frustrating to watch cos he has talent he looks scared to take players on, instead he turns back and passes to Gemmill or Nalis

Gillespie 6 Vastly improved player from what we have seen under Adams, wants to take players on and gets good crosses in, only problem at the moment is that he gives up to easily

Gudjonsson 5 not a great performance...nothing else to say

Nalis 7 Thought he played well, passed well, shows plenty of passion

Gemmill 6 likes to sit back and splay the paces about, didn't do alot wrong today

Blake 6 Not to bad in the early stages but got worse from there

Scowcroft 6 Didn't really do alot today....in fact can't think of anything

Morris 4 Too light weight get's knocked of the ball to easy, made some good runs though

williams 5 did ok nothing special

CL 5 didn't have the players motovated enough, should have bought benji on, cos he couldn't do any worse that blake or scowy....i hope this is a minor blip....we need a 20 goal a season striker!!!!!!

The reason he has no confidence to take players on is because of the crowds reaction to him! He gets more abuse than anyone, and most of it is undererved! IMO he was good today and looked like the only way we were going to score (from one of his crossess). I think the crowd need to be more supportive of him!

muzzy magic said:

Firstly, Stewart was playing as a left back, not a left winger so really there is no demand for him to get forward much at all, or there shouldn't be, did you mark Stearman down because he didn't put in any crosses? I know he can play as a left winger but when he's playing as a left back his first job must be to defend.

Secondly, of course he passed backwards, because there was no-one in front to pass to! Gemmill or Nalis or whoever was meant to be on the left wing (because they both played in the centre anyway) were no support for Stewart at all. When he got forward and there were three players on him he couldn't get past he had no-one to pass to to cross it in instead, he was reluctant to get forward anyway as he was playing the left side virtually by himself.

Taylor 6
Stearman 7
Dabizas 5
Dublin 5
Stewart 7
Nails 6
Gemmill 6
Joey 5
Gillespie 6
Blake 6
Scowcroft 5

I was a bit worried about Stearman early on, when Brooker went past him as though he wasn't there, but he didn't let it affect his confidence and did well. Good on the ball, and made some good tackles.
I think the criticism of Stewart is unfair. Defensively he did nothing wrong, and was often our most creative player. At least he was trying to get forward. Two of their players got booked after bringing him down in full flight in dangerous positions - which is not bad for someone playing as a full back. But he had to make the forward runs himself because he had no support from anyone. I think Gemmill was supposed to be playing on the left, but he spent most of his time in the centre, leaving Stewart to look after the left hand side by himself.

Gillespie did OK in spells, but was anonymous for much of the match.
The midfield was outbattled, and the passing was really bad, particularly from Joey, but Nalis frequently gave the ball away too.

Blake started well, and looked lively. But there seemed to be no understanding between him and Scowcroft (who I thought was very poor). The crowd started to get on Blake's back after a couple of things didn't come off, which I think affected his confidence and he became steadily worse as the second half went on. He came closer to scoring than any of our other players.

I think we desperately need Tiatto back - he'll provide the balance on the left, and his energy and commitment will get the other players going.

Taylor 7 - kicking?
Stearman 8 - promising?
Dabizas 5 - thinking?
Dublin 5 - heading?
Stewart 6 - crossing?
Nails 3 - tackling?
Gemmill 3 - passing?
Joey 3 - anything?
Gillespie 8 - trying?
Blake 6 - falling?
Scowcroft 5 - missing?

Taylor 7
Stearman 8
Stewart 5
Dabizas 6
Dublin 6
Gillespie 7
Gemmill 6
Nalis 7
Gudjonsson 5
Scowcroft 4
Blake 4

Subs:
Williams 5
Morris 5

A strikeforce of Scowcroft and Blake was a disaster before a ball was kicked. No pace, no skill, no desire, no movement.

Taylor 7 He was pretty good again, the goals weren't really his fault.

Stearman 8 amazing for his age, had good pace and was good at getting around people and passing.

Dublin 6 He was alright, as a centre-back he can put his great heading ability to good use.

Dabizas 5 A bit dodgy at times but also made vital tackles at times so that balances it out.

Stewart 5 I like him unlike most but he really wasn't at his best today, didn't do enough, I don't know what the problem was.

Gillespie 7 Thre is room for improvement but he did more crosses than in the Plymouth game and generallly played better, I wouldn't drop him.

Gemmil 5 Boring, average, give someone else a go.

Nalis 5 Very off form at the moment did little, he really needs to start playing better again.

Gudjonssen 4 Rubbish, he hasn't played in most of the games I've seen, is he always this bad?

Blake 5 Looked very good at the begginning, got worse as the game went on, better than Scowcroft but that's not saying much.

Scowcroft 3 This 'being good in the air' idea is an absoulute myth. Gillespie was better at heading than him. Scowcroft must be dropped, in fact we might as well play a 4-5-1. He didn't do anything at all today. Shite.

Subs:

Willaims 5

Morris 5

Taylor 6
Stearman 8
Stewart 7
Dabizas 6
Dublin 6
Gillespie 5
Gemmill 4-wouldn't dare take a shot
Nalis 5
Gudjonsson 5
Scowcroft 5
Blake 7

Leigh said:
muzzy magic said:

Firstly, Stewart was playing as a left back, not a left winger so really there is no demand for him to get forward much at all, or there shouldn't be, did you mark Stearman down because he didn't put in any crosses? I know he can play as a left winger but when he's playing as a left back his first job must be to defend.

Secondly, of course he passed backwards, because there was no-one in front to pass to! Gemmill or Nalis or whoever was meant to be on the left wing (because they both played in the centre anyway) were no support for Stewart at all. When he got forward and there were three players on him he couldn't get past he had no-one to pass to to cross it in instead, he was reluctant to get forward anyway as he was playing the left side virtually by himself.

everyone is intitled to there own opinion, and in mine i think he isn't playing as well as he should be......he used to take players on like there weren't there........This is my opinion, but when we played Barcelona in a friendly he got run ragged, he was beaten everytime, and walked off the pitch wondering what had happened to him, since then in my opinion he has never been the same

Taylor 6.5 Some dodgy kicking
Stearman 7.5 at 17 showed the older ones how to be calm under pressure
Dabizas 4.5 Too cocky for his own good (and ours!)
Dublin 4.5 Cambridge want you, please go
Stewart 6 Sometimes he excells. Sometimes he comes across as braindead
Gillespie 6 After recent improvement this wasn't a good showing (Why wont he shoot with his left foot?)
Gudjohnson 5
Nalis 5
Gemmill 5 By playing 3 central midfielders we lacked cover on the left and they got in each others way too often.
Scowcroft 4 less than mediocre
Blake 4.5 Had a chance to prove himself. Had some good touches but went looking for freekicks to often.

Levein 6 A few players out and he can see the size of the job ahead of him.
out of 90 minutes City played for about 15 of them. Only positive from the game was young Richard Stearman. He does look a good player

Taylor - 7
Stearman - 8
Dabizas - 6
Dublin - 6
Stewart - 7
Gillepsie - 7
Nallis - 6
Gemmill - 4 (does he ever pass the ball forward?)
Joey - 5
Scowcroft - 6
Blake - 4 (he must be amazing in training)

Morris - 5
Williams - 6

Great debut by Stearman. A Blatant hand ball missed at end of first half, poor in all, at least we didn't lose any ground on 6th place. Forest next week, but we never win there do we.

Taylor 6
Stearman 7
Stewart 6
Dublin 6
Dabizas 7
Gillespie 6
Nalis 5
Gemmill 5
Gudjonsson 5
Scowcroft 5
Blake 6

Williams 5
Morris 5

Taylor 7 One excelent save, and come of his line. Hope we keep him
Stearman 7 Excelent start for a young one. We will be seeing a lot more
of him.
Dublin 6 Ok
Dabizas 5 Typical self
Stewart 5 Played left back, contributes more on the wing
Gillespie 6 One excelent cross, he did not get the service from mid field
Gemmil 4
Nalis 5 Had a bad day
Gudjonssen 5
Blake 3 Looked like he ment it, for 20 mins then shit as usall, 1 point for each 10 mins he contributed. and 1 cos i am, nice
Scowcroft 3 Today typified why this guy gets my back up. he can play well when he can be bothered.

Subs:
Willaims 4
Morris 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675