Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Hi guys, some of you may remember me from a while back posting on here. I used to run a site where fans could submit their player ratings after each game resulting in finding out who was the unofficial fans man of the match amongst other things based on these ratings.

Well the site is coming back and it will be better than ever as more functionality gets implemented. But for now, you can leave your ratings for the MK Dons match at www.player-ratings.com/rate. I will post up the results after voting closes on Monday evening.

If you have any ideas regarding what you would like to see on the site, let me know.

Sheff.

Last edited:
Hi guys, some of you may remember me from a while back posting on here. I used to run a site where fans could submit their player ratings after each game resulting in finding out who was the unofficial fans man of the match amongst other things based on these ratings.

Well the site is coming back and it will be better than ever as more functionality gets implemented. But for now, you can leave your ratings for the MK Dons match at www.player-ratings.com/rate. I will post up the results after voting closes on Monday evening.

If you have any ideas regarding what you would like to see on the site, let me know.

Sheff.

Welcome back Sheff.
Unfortunately you have some competition for your site:
league-ratings.co.uk

I never use, nor read what people post on other sites, so I'm doing mine on here:

Henderson = 5 (Nothing to do)
Gilbert = 5 (some good things, some shit, could be blinding player)
Morrison = 7 (Looks solid)
Tunchev = 5 (scares me)
Mattock = 3 (overrated and made to look silly)
Gradel = 8 (Very good, needs to calm down though)
Oakley = 6 (non descript, but captained a winning team)
King = 4 (invisible)
Dyer = 6 (9 for the first half, but disappeared second half)
Fryatt = 7 (5 for his match winning goals, but only 2 for his performance)
Howard = 2 (Just for making me laugh when he runs)

:icon_lol: i'll probably get roundly heckled for this but i thought we suffered slightly without howard:102:

:icon_lol: i'll probably get roundly heckled for this but i thought we suffered slightly without howard:102:
Not at all, our opinions help define who we are. It also helps others identify who you are.

thats beautiful melts. thank you.

thats very intersesting graz. thank you.

I'm both shocked and saddened by that insinuation.

Henderson 6 - Did what was required

Gilbert 6 - Did ok, supported Gradel well and looks a very attack minded full back, defensively did seem to lose concentration at times.

Morrison 7 - For a youngster who has never played at this level his maturity and influence belied his age and experience, promising debut.

Tunchev 6.5 - At times looked international class, but then on others lacked concentration and seemed to be caught out of position.

Mattock - 6 Solid but unspectacular.

Gradel 8 - Man of the match skillful and tenacious, made the second goal with his determination. Good to see out and out wingers in the side.

Oakley 7 - Solid and seemed to be a step ahead the rest of the midfielders on show, his reading of the game is superb.

King 5 - Game seemed to by pass him, never influenced and always seemed on the periphery. Disappointing.

Dyer 6.5 - Sharp, bright and incisive in patches, but lacked the quality in his final delivery, promising debut though.

Howard 6.5 - Held up the ball well, and linked up well with Fryatt. Apart from one effort though didn't really threaten the Don's goal

Fryatt 7.5 - Looks a different player, leaner, sharper and could have had five today.

Subs

Dickov 6 - Busy and looks like his has lost none of his zest and enthusiasm, but needs games looked a bit rusty.

Hobbs - Not on long to earn a score.

Pearson 8 - Very good start, impressed with the way we played, especially when we didn't have the ball. Plus the team spirit and togetherness is fantastic.

Howard = 2 (Just for making me laugh when he runs)

I thought Howard did well in the first half, winning most of the balls in the air and linking up well with Fryatt and the midfield. He looked like he pulled something when he actually ran after the ball at the start of the second half and went downhill from there.

My scores: -

Henderson = 6
Gilbert = 6 (Better going forward)
Morrison = 7 (Bossed the defence...)
Tunchev = 5 (... didn't.)
Mattock = 5 (same as Gilbert)
Gradel = 8 (Wanted more of the ball, one good tackle, one bad)
Oakley = 5 (Should be outstanding in this league, but wasn't)
King = 6 (Good first half then disappeared)
Dyer = 6
Fryatt = 6 (Looked better when Dickov came on)
Howard = 6 (Good in the first half)

Dickov = 6 (Raised the tempo when he came on, but not on long enough to do too much)
Hobbs (Not on long enough for a rating)

Henderson 6
Gilbert 7
Mattock 6
Tunchev 6.5
Morrison 6.5
Gradel 8
Oakley 7
King 6
Dyer 6.5
Howard 6.5
Fryatt 7.5

Dickov 7
Hobbs 6.5

Not going to rate them all, but can't see how you give Dickov more than Howard on today's performance (looks more like pre-conceptions of players).

The Fryatt/Howard partnership looked promising, positional awareness of one another was very good.

Dickov ran around, but didn't make any significant contribution today.

Henderson 5 (Had nothing to do, however scared me for his lack of leadership or being vocal enough at set pieces)

Gilbert 6 (Has pace, but he lunged in with some reckless challenges and delivers poor passes)

Morrison 7 (Very impressed, although had limited work to do, he was very vocal and wasn't afraid to have a go at Oakley. Looks solid)

Tunchev 6 (First half, he looked very decent. Second half not sure if it was an injury or not but seemed to lack concentration)

Mattock 6 (Solid game, didn't do much wrong, jusst didn't go out and attack MK Dons often enough, wouldn't cry if he left)

Max Gradel 8 MOTM (Has pace, skill and a very good tackler. Showed a lot of effort, my only problem is his distribution, was disappointed with some of his crosses, but he did have a never say die attitude which showed in the 2nd goal)

Oakley 5 (IMO very average performance, defensively poor, was deep in the 2nd half, however going forward he seemed to be in the right positions, shame he never had enough of the ball in that area)

King 6 (I thought he looked like a very good tackler he also attempted some nice elegant passes, second half he got deeper and deeper)

Dyer 6 (Played well the first 20 mins, reminds me of Newton; runs a lot but distrubition was poor)

Fryatt 7 (Took his goals well, if he had that bit more pace he would be a real threat. Still, impressive he looked very confident and showed glimses of how good he can be)

Howard 6 (Thought he held the ball up and linked well with Fryatt. I'm not sure taking him off was the right move. He didn't have too many shots)

Subs:

Dickov 6 (ran well and had his never say die attitude. Still a battler and ran for the cause, he attempted 2 tackles without getting the ball, was suprised not to see him booked TBH)
Hobbs n/a

Last edited:
Just a couple of points plus a note of caution:
the win and performance of the team as a whole, & 4 or 5 individuals in particular, was encouraging.

The word of caution: I think MK Dons were very poor. I don't know why so many people beforehand seemed to think this team would pose a big test. They have lost a couple of their best players - and an inspirational manager. I wouldn't be suprised if they were a bottom 6 team.

The other note of caution is that for the last 10 mins of 1st half and about 1st 20 mins of the 2nd half, Leicester were pretty mediocre. On the plus note, in past seasons they would have been mediocre for most of the match instead of a small part of it - and they probably would have lost or drawn. So a win is very significant & a big platform on which to build.

The weakest links are definately the full backs and sufficient oompth and creativity from the midfield. On a positive note I think the latter will come good pretty soon, but have my doubts about the former.

Last edited:
Henderson = 5 (Nothing to do)

I recall once seeing a rating that went something like "10 out of 10. Had nothing to do and did it to absolute perfection".

perhaps you feel henderson needs to work on his idleness technique?:icon_wink

I agree with Consty, I cannot believe that MK are going to be as good as they have been touted. I was slightly concerned that in the second half the midfield dissapeared and became a big hole and they were incapable of exploiting it. I think that had Weso been on he would have allowed Matt Oakley to have had more influence. Incedentally I thought he had his best game for us today.
But we have won at home and providing we can make the Walkers into a place where teams don't want to come to then that is already a point in the bag each game we play there.
We need to demolish Stockport on Tuesday in the cup so that when we play them on Saturday we will have the psycological edge over them.

But a good start, we are up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669