Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

olip6

:icon_lol: i'll probably get roundly heckled for this but i thought we suffered slightly without howard:102:

i think your right, when we tried the long ball up to Fryatt, he didn't win one header.....i think we need to sign a younger version of Howard (but obviously better)

DesertFox

Howard was dreadful in my opinion. With finishes like those, he's not even cut out to play in this division. The way I see it, Dickov is our most talented 30 something striker, and we only really require one of those.
I wouldn't give two shits if we had a team entirely made up of 40 somethings, as long as they were winning.

If we said the same about teenagers - we only really require one of those - quite a few people around here would be up in arms. We ended the game with four teenagers on the pitch which is very encouraging... but hardly essential in order to get what matters, a win.

homer

i think your right, when we tried the long ball up to Fryatt, he didn't win one header.....i think we need to sign a younger version of Howard (but obviously better)

Howard was outstanding in the first half. He won every header and linked up exceptionally well with Fryatt

He tugged on his hamstring about five minutes into the second half, and suffered after that

I suspect that is the real reason he went off - after which we fell completely to pieces

Yorkshire Vixen

Henderson 6 - Did what was required

Gilbert 6 - Did ok, supported Gradel well and looks a very attack minded full back, defensively did seem to lose concentration at times.

Morrison 7 - For a youngster who has never played at this level his maturity and influence belied his age and experience, promising debut.

Tunchev 6.5 - At times looked international class, but then on others lacked concentration and seemed to be caught out of position.

Mattock - 6 Solid but unspectacular.

Gradel 8 - Man of the match skillful and tenacious, made the second goal with his determination. Good to see out and out wingers in the side.

Oakley 7 - Solid and seemed to be a step ahead the rest of the midfielders on show, his reading of the game is superb.

King 5 - Game seemed to by pass him, never influenced and always seemed on the periphery. Disappointing.

Dyer 6.5 - Sharp, bright and incisive in patches, but lacked the quality in his final delivery, promising debut though.

Howard 6.5 - Held up the ball well, and linked up well with Fryatt. Apart from one effort though didn't really threaten the Don's goal

Fryatt 7.5 - Looks a different player, leaner, sharper and could have had five today.

Subs

Dickov 6 - Busy and looks like his has lost none of his zest and enthusiasm, but needs games looked a bit rusty.

Hobbs - Not on long to earn a score.

Pearson 8 - Very good start, impressed with the way we played, especially when we didn't have the ball. Plus the team spirit and togetherness is fantastic.

yet again i agree with you, spot on there pfka :)

Chuck T Masala

I thought for the very first league one game of the season we did OK. A good start is so important for us, we need to get points on the board

We did fade a bit second half, but we did not concede. I thought Gradle did well most of the time, Fryatt scored two, thats all we want from him, the rest were all OK no more no less. MK had a couple of chances but nothing like the bloody great holes in defence and lack of marking that we saw on too many occasions last season. I hope we gain confidence from this and that the team does play a bit better but but it is all about results this season. We need to focus on winning and winning again. I don't care of we play like this all season as long as win. The sooner we are out of this divsion the better nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669