Player Review & Ratings vs Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Thanks to everyone who voted this week. We collected 53 votes overall which is a very good response again and gives a good representation of the fans view of the players against the blunts.

The players that people voted most consistently on were Jamie Scowcroft who impressively did not receive a rating below 7, and David Connolly who rather disappointingly did not receive a rating higher than 7.

The player that caused most disagreement this week was Gareth Williams who received as low as a 4 but as high as a 9.

Only the 11 who started were on long enough to be in contention for the awards.

The 'Muzzy Izzet' Man of the Match award: Martin Keown - 8.45

The 'Ade Akinbiyi' Flop of the Match award: David Connolly - 6.21

The 'Steve Walsh' Defender of the Match award: Martin Keown - 8.45

The 'Lenny Glover' Midfielder of the Match award: James Scowcroft/Lilian Nalis - 7.71

The 'Gary Lineker' Striker of the Match award: Dion Dublin - 6.46

The 'Alan Birchenall' Most Generous Voter award: archerm (Official MB) - 7.45

The 'Andy from Long Eaton' Harshest Voter award: davieg (FoxesTalk) - 6.00 (Scowy was a close second ;) )

Here is the player review:

1 - Martin Keown - 8.45
Tremendous at the back for City, described as a rock by many and thats exactly what he was. Barely put a foot wrong and was fired up throughout the game. He showed how much it meant to him at the end of the game that we had won.

2 - Jordan Stewart - 7.78
I never thought I would see Jordan ranked this high after seeing his performances up until this game but credit where credit's due, the lad had a blinder by his recent standards, showing exactly what he is capable of with some excellent dribbling and crossing. More of the same please Jordan!

3 - James Scowcroft - 7.71
The first 15 minutes of the match were probably the best 15 of his entire career. Seemed to be doing everything, great range of passing, superb work rate and topped off with a goal. Continued to a high standard throughout.

3 - Lilian Nalis - 7.71
Didn't do a great deal special but provided a very impressive outlet in our midfield. For the first 75 minutes, his excellent range of passing helped us to keep the ball and play as impressively as we did. Has certainly proved his worth so far this season.

5 - Jason Wilcox - 7.56
Well! A brilliant performance from the left winger compared to his performances up to now. Looked a danger throughout and deserved the goal that he took very emphatically. Looked fitter and sharper. Lets hope we see more of that side of Wilcox that we saw on Tuesday night!

6 - Chris Makin - 7.41
Not much I can say here but to repeat what I have said about him every game, a very very solid player at the back. Does not make many mistakes and his distribution is not too bad at all. Certainly a good enough right back to have in the team from what we have seen so far.

7 - Nikos Dabizas - 6.75
Not a poor performance from Dabizas, but compared to the rock solid Keown, he looked very shaky again. Again gave away needless free kicks which the blunts could not capitalise on.

8 - Kevin Pressman - 6.73
Another pretty solid performance from the big man, did not do much wrong but I get the impression the fans still don't like to see him in the team and are wishing Walker to return sooner rather than later. Has certainly done a satisfactory job so far.

9 - Gareth Williams - 6.69
I don't think on the night Gareth Williams was that much worse than Lilian Nalis, linking up with the passing in midfield very well. It's hard to say much about anything bad that he did against Sheffield United, but I must have missed something with his rating being down in the mid 6's.

10 - Dion Dublin - 6.46
Quite a few mixed opinions on Dublin, but overall not a bad performance. Won most things that came to him in the air and played some intelligent stuff. So far however does not seem a patch on Les Ferdinand, but for a Championship side he is ok.

11 - David Connolly - 6.21
It's a testament to the Leicester team as a whole that Connolly with a rating of 6.21 was our worst player on the night. Looked destined to finally scored his first goal when he was let in 1-on-1 by a poor backpass, but his effort lacked any conviction, looked like a player low on confidence.

Sub - Danny Tiatto - 5.41
Was not on for long but ran around like an animal and even in the short time he was on, still managed to get himself booked with a late challenge.

Sub - Nathan Blake - 2.80
Commenting on Nathan Blake is hard to put into words without repeating what has been said by everyone who gave ratings. Obviously brought on to try and hold the ball up upfront, he failed to hold on to the ball once, losing possession every time it came his way again.

A promising all round performance from a player's perspective, not a single poor performance from any of the players who started. More of the same and we should propel ourselves even further up the table. Thanks again to everyone who voted, lets have more of the same against Burnley and Super Frank on Saturday.

sheffield_fox said:
Thanks to everyone who voted this week. We collected 53 votes overall which is a very good response again and gives a good representation of the fans view of the players against the blunts.

The players that people voted most consistently on were Jamie Scowcroft who impressively did not receive a rating below 7, and David Connolly who rather disappointingly did not receive a rating higher than 7.

The player that caused most disagreement this week was Gareth Williams who received as low as a 4 but as high as a 9.

Only the 11 who started were on long enough to be in contention for the awards.

The 'Muzzy Izzet' Man of the Match award: Martin Keown - 8.45

The 'Ade Akinbiyi' Flop of the Match award: David Connolly - 6.21

The 'Steve Walsh' Defender of the Match award: Martin Keown - 8.45

The 'Lenny Glover' Midfielder of the Match award: James Scowcroft/Lilian Nalis - 7.71

The 'Gary Lineker' Striker of the Match award: Dion Dublin - 6.46

The 'Alan Birchenall' Most Generous Voter award: archerm (Official MB) - 7.45
The 'Andy from Long Eaton' Harshest Voter award: davieg (FoxesTalk) - 6.00 (Scowy was a close second ;) )

Here is the player review:

1 - Martin Keown - 8.45
Tremendous at the back for City, described as a rock by many and thats exactly what he was. Barely put a foot wrong and was fired up throughout the game. He showed how much it meant to him at the end of the game that we had won.

2 - Jordan Stewart - 7.78
I never thought I would see Jordan ranked this high after seeing his performances up until this game but credit where credit's due, the lad had a blinder by his recent standards, showing exactly what he is capable of with some excellent dribbling and crossing. More of the same please Jordan!

3 - James Scowcroft - 7.71
The first 15 minutes of the match were probably the best 15 of his entire career. Seemed to be doing everything, great range of passing, superb work rate and topped off with a goal. Continued to a high standard throughout.

3 - Lilian Nalis - 7.71
Didn't do a great deal special but provided a very impressive outlet in our midfield. For the first 75 minutes, his excellent range of passing helped us to keep the ball and play as impressively as we did. Has certainly proved his worth so far this season.

5 - Jason Wilcox - 7.56
Well! A brilliant performance from the left winger compared to his performances up to now. Looked a danger throughout and deserved the goal that he took very emphatically. Looked fitter and sharper. Lets hope we see more of that side of Wilcox that we saw on Tuesday night!

6 - Chris Makin - 7.41
Not much I can say here but to repeat what I have said about him every game, a very very solid player at the back. Does not make many mistakes and his distribution is not too bad at all. Certainly a good enough right back to have in the team from what we have seen so far.

7 - Nikos Dabizas - 6.75
Not a poor performance from Dabizas, but compared to the rock solid Keown, he looked very shaky again. Again gave away needless free kicks which the blunts could not capitalise on.

8 - Kevin Pressman - 6.73
Another pretty solid performance from the big man, did not do much wrong but I get the impression the fans still don't like to see him in the team and are wishing Walker to return sooner rather than later. Has certainly done a satisfactory job so far.

9 - Gareth Williams - 6.69
I don't think on the night Gareth Williams was that much worse than Lilian Nalis, linking up with the passing in midfield very well. It's hard to say much about anything bad that he did against Sheffield United, but I must have missed something with his rating being down in the mid 6's.

10 - Dion Dublin - 6.46
Quite a few mixed opinions on Dublin, but overall not a bad performance. Won most things that came to him in the air and played some intelligent stuff. So far however does not seem a patch on Les Ferdinand, but for a Championship side he is ok.

11 - David Connolly - 6.21
It's a testament to the Leicester team as a whole that Connolly with a rating of 6.21 was our worst player on the night. Looked destined to finally scored his first goal when he was let in 1-on-1 by a poor backpass, but his effort lacked any conviction, looked like a player low on confidence.

Sub - Danny Tiatto - 5.41
Was not on for long but ran around like an animal and even in the short time he was on, still managed to get himself booked with a late challenge.

Sub - Nathan Blake - 2.80
Commenting on Nathan Blake is hard to put into words without repeating what has been said by everyone who gave ratings. Obviously brought on to try and hold the ball up upfront, he failed to hold on to the ball once, losing possession every time it came his way again.

A promising all round performance from a player's perspective, not a single poor performance from any of the players who started. More of the same and we should propel ourselves even further up the table. Thanks again to everyone who voted, lets have more of the same against Burnley and Super Frank on Saturday.

What's with the sucking up to the Official MB. I gave 10's straight across the board. What ever way you cut it > 7.45

You have denied me my human rights so I'm off to see my old mate Lily.

See you in court. :roll:

top work as always Sheffield.

more evidence for the chandlers of this world that this forum is in crisis :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't count it when people put all 1's after the Brighton game because its simply unrealistic, so it would have been unfair to count your all 10's vote if I didn't count the all 1's. I'm trying to keep this as a fair representation of the fans view and it would just become farcical if I start counting votes like that.

sheffield_fox said:
I didn't count it when people put all 1's after the Brighton game because its simply unrealistic, so it would have been unfair to count your all 10's vote if I didn't count the all 1's. I'm trying to keep this as a fair representation of the fans view and it would just become farcical if I start counting votes like that.

Sheff, can you give us a state of play so far this season? ie whose top of the avergaes etc.

I could DurhamFox but I was planning not to release overall averages and things until certain points in the season, possibly after every quarter or half way through and at the end. If you noticed over August I do actually put together a monthly review but I don't know what you think or other people think but I believe it may spoil the surprise come November, December or whatever if I keep updating you with how the season stats are progressing.

sheffield_fox said:
I could DurhamFox but I was planning not to release overall averages and things until certain points in the season, possibly after every quarter or half way through and at the end. If you noticed over August I do actually put together a monthly review but I don't know what you think or other people think but I believe it may spoil the surprise come November, December or whatever if I keep updating you with how the season stats are progressing.
Yeah, stick with that chap, probably makes sense.

Yes, sheffield fox, It good, keep up. Hope you are posting it on the other sites and MA reads and learns from it.

PS what about a rating for MA

alex said:
Sheffield Fox is like the Zidane of this site - unreal quality.

With too much time on his hands! :lol: :lol: :wink:

step said:

I'm not going to ask for a rating for Micky Adams as I think a lot of the people on this board are unnecessarily harsh, I mean people on this and other boards were giving him 2 and 3's for the Sheff Utd game despite us being top class for 75 minutes. I want to keep it just to the players.

alex said:

Cheers Alex, gave me a smile to last the day that! :D

joe_fox said:
With too much time on his hands!

What can I say, I work from home and from Sunday onwards will be a full time student again :lol: :lol:

As long as people keep bothering to vote, this ratings system should prove to bring out some very interesting things by the end of the season. Remember to come on and vote after the Burnley game.

sheffield_fox said:
step said:

I'm not going to ask for a rating for Micky Adams as I think a lot of the people on this board are unnecessarily harsh, I mean people on this and other boards were giving him 2 and 3's for the Sheff Utd game despite us being top class for 75 minutes. I want to keep it just to the players.

alex said:

Cheers Alex, gave me a smile to last the day that! :D

joe_fox said:
With too much time on his hands!

What can I say, I work from home and from Sunday onwards will be a full time student again :lol: :lol:

As long as people keep bothering to vote, this ratings system should prove to bring out some very interesting things by the end of the season. Remember to come on and vote after the Burnley game.

Just kidding Sheff mate, your work is world class and you should be proud of it. If you want me to post it as a regular on my web site "The Laughing Fox" then feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566