Players Available from Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dickov is also a better striker than DeVries, Hammond, Sappleton, Cort, Fryatt, Hume and Cambell.
this is a OPTA documented FACT.
he can shag who he likes.

Sorry mate I have to disagree. Dickov is in no way better than Hume and Campbell and I would argue at this stage of his career he may not even be better then the other names you listed - Elvis apart.

I don't understand all this BS with wanting to re-sign players who were once good for us. Dickov played well with Brian Deane so why don't we get him back too? People talk about Andrew Cole and David Unsworth being too old and past it and just after one last pay day and yet they want to sign Dickov??? Dickov did not have any commitment to this club - you may argue why should he as a professional but as has been mentioned, he could not wait to **** off to Blackburn. I would never want him back at our club.

Danny Mills would have been a good signing earlier in the summer but now we seem to have the right back position well covered with Chambers, Kaebi and Stearman. Dabo would be great but is a non-starter.

I don't understand all this BS with wanting to re-sign players who were once good for us. Dickov played well with Brian Deane so why don't we get him back too? People talk about Andrew Cole and David Unsworth being too old and past it and just after one last pay day and yet they want to sign Dickov??? Dickov did not have any commitment to this club - you may argue why should he as a professional but as has been mentioned, he could not wait to **** off to Blackburn. I would never want him back at our club.

Or possibly, he wasn't that keen at all, but had to find another club.

Agree 100% with everything else.

Says on bbc site that SGE may let Ishmael miller leave too i think he would be worth looking at

Dickov IS still better than Hume, Campbell, Cort etc.
He was scoring 15 goals in the Prem the season before last, and last season was at a crap side who couldn't create chances and picked up a few injuries.

Anyone who questions that he could add something to our side is biased.

loyalty is a two way street, and the current financial plunge when sides go down has made it impossible for players to stay and for clubs to even want players to stay on their Prem contracts.
most other players would go back to the Prem from a relegated club if offered.
Dickov always gives 110% as player it's not even a dispute.

Dickov - Fukcov!

His time has come and gone. He left, whether for a fresh start, to get away from the other 'stuff' or for more money....

Too old and too much baggage IMO

O'neill made 'out of the box' decisions like bringing Cottee back from 6months in the Far East when everyone said he was past it.
He didn't do too bad.
I'll let it go, but there are far bigger villains around than Dickov, who was a f*cking good player for us. and still has a lot to offer.
More than Horsefield et al who we all got excited about last year and proved to be Horseshit.

O'neill made 'out of the box' decisions like bringing Cottee back from 6months in the Far East when everyone said he was past it.
He didn't do too bad.
I'll let it go, but there are far bigger villains around than Dickov, who was a f*cking good player for us. and still has a lot to offer.
More than Horsefield et al who we all got excited about last year and proved to be Horseshit.

You all got excited did you? <snigger/>

if all dickov left for was because he couldnt keep his trousers up, tell him to get his arse back here !!!!!.... and that my other half is usually alone in the house most weekdays when im at work:icon_wink
she wasnt in yesterday:icon_wink

I would have Dickov back here but given that he is going to Coventry it doesn't look like something we need to worry about.

If Dickov could come back and show the same passion, commitment and ability as he once did, then fine, get him in. If he's just looking for an easy ride, knock in the odd goal and see the season out, then let someone else have him.

What, why, how, when and where he left us is immaterial, that was then and this is now. The only question is, can he still do it for us in this league. End of.

He didn't do too bad.

Stop talking shit, he was ok in a bad bunch many moons ago! Let go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670