Speculation Players Leaving LCFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Actually how many of Sousa's signings survived?

Abe the only half decent one and Sousa later admitted he was a Mandaric signing.
Moussa plays the odd league cup game.
Moreno rotting in the reserves.
Crncic and Lamey gone.

I like Moussa. Rather sympathic towards him, he's a prospect who looks as good as a Nicky Adams or a N'Guessan.

I like Moussa. Rather sympathic towards him, he's a prospect who looks as good as a Nicky Adams or a N'Guessan.

Fair enough, Hazzman. I also thought he looked a decent player when he played a few times for us around November/December time last season, but certainly doesn't seem to be fitting into our plans atm.

Not sure saying he is as good as Nicky Adams or N'Guessan is a plus point though. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I expect that the clear out may be somewhat curtailed: I doubt that they will be handing anything like the suggested £20m to Pearson, for new recruits, in light of recent results.

I expect that the clear out may be somewhat curtailed: I doubt that they will be handing anything like the suggested £20m to Pearson, for new recruits, in light of recent results.

Targets will be priced out of the market by the perception of wealth to spend and anyone half decent won't come to a club in decline as they'll want to get promoted.

Best chance of him turning something around will be him bringing in threeish key loans of quality with one or two half-decent signings pending a summer restructuring.

There won't be anything like the influx of talent the masses desire and (worse) expect.

Interesting window I think. Stacks of players we want shot of, most of whom are probably earning far in excess of what anyone else would pay them. A squad crying out for an injection of quality. Inflated prices in January are far from ideal for the owners but I suspect there's a sense of wanting to build now in readiness for next season as well as hoping to grab 6th this season.

Sven really ****ed it up.

Interesting window I think. Stacks of players we want shot of, most of whom are probably earning far in excess of what anyone else would pay them. A squad crying out for an injection of quality. Inflated prices in January are far from ideal for the owners but I suspect there's a sense of wanting to build now in readiness for next season as well as hoping to grab 6th this season.

Sven really ****ed it up.

Strange, I usually agree with you but, on this occasion, I suspect that little will happen: why should the owners back NP with money for "an injection of quality", when his job must be on the line? The owners, rightly, or wrongly, have made it clear that they have no interest in a slow build. If Pearson does not look likely to gain promotion, I can see him as history by March.

Strange, I usually agree with you but, on this occasion, I suspect that little will happen: why should the owners back NP with money for "an injection of quality", when his job must be on the line? The owners, rightly, or wrongly, have made it clear that they have no interest in a slow build. If Pearson does not look likely to gain promotion, I can see him as history by March.

Hasn't Andrew Neville being quoted as saying that nobody at the club, including the owners, is expecting promotion this season?

Hasn't Andrew Neville being quoted as saying that nobody at the club, including the owners, is expecting promotion this season?

I hadn't heard that: it is only a couple of weeks since the Mercury headline was that the owners still expected promotion so....

I guess we'll see what happens. :102::icon_bigg

Pearson's job on the line. If this is the case then I really do give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566