Players leaving

What are you saying then?
We spent circa £50m on transfer fees for these players, and now they’re leaving on free transfers. We didn’t manage to recoup any money on them at all.

More stellar work from the recruitment team. You can question buying them in the first place, giving them bumper contracts so they don’t want to leave, not trying to sell them at the right time, or trying to hold out for too much money for them.

Either way, it’s not sustainable for a club of our size to constantly spend big money on players and get **** all back for them. It was bad enough last summer.

Remember when folk were telling me that Praet was 'the best midfielder at the club'...?

What a horrendous waste of cash he turned out to be. Iheanacho was also a complete duffer for nearly all of his time here.

Albrighton though.... What a guy. ****ing magnificent player for us.

Very simplistic thought SF.
Youri got the winner in the final.
Kasper’s brilliant saves kept us in games

The list goes on

The main thing with Nacho, to me, is how big a disappointment he was last season

You could say the same about Luke Thomas. Doesn't mean we should have him in next season's starting XI
I’m not saying we should. Disappointing he didn’t make an impact this season, but he was integral to our FA Cup success and for me that’s deserving of respect. Good luck to him. I hope he goes away, finds a system he fits into, and scores a lot of goals.

Very simplistic thought SF.
Youri got the winner in the final.
Kasper’s brilliant saves kept us in games

The list goes on

The main thing with Nacho, to me, is how big a disappointment he was last season
We got to the final because of Nacho.

He was the joint top scorer in the competition. Give him his flowers.
I'm glad I'm getting old. It's going to be really draining in the future being a Leicester fan when it comes to strikers.

I mean I tend to agree that overall Nacho has been unremarkable & has underachieved. I suspect that he always will, wherever he goes. He's just an in & out sort of guy. Will retire with a half decent but ultimately forgettable career behind him.

It's what's to come that bothers me. Every striker that comes here for the next 20 years is going to be crucified eventually, even if they start well, for the unforgivable crime of not being Vardy.

They may as well have "Not Vardy" printed on the back of their shirt instead of their actual name. Just to save time. It's going to get really ****ing tiresome, really ****ing quickly.

You are absolutely right.
I can hear the cries already.
“Vardy would have got to that long ball.”
“Vardy would just have let that drop over his shoulder and volleyed it into the roof of the net.” etc.

“Vardy would just have let that drop over his shoulder and volleyed it into the roof of the net.” etc.
True - but Vardy's history would seem to indicate that it is not an unreasonable assumption that, indeed, he would have.done so.

Still, no point in moaning about any comparisons - Leicester City would be have to be 'lottery winner lucky' to find another quite like Vardy - but you never know...

It’s not just limited to players who aren’t Jamie Vardy. Last season there was a lot of, “Jamie Vardy of a few years ago would’ve got that long ball…Jamie Vardy of a few years ago would’ve just let that drop over his head…” directed at the actual Jamie Vardy.

It’s not just limited to players who aren’t Jamie Vardy. Last season there was a lot of, “Jamie Vardy of a few years ago would’ve got that long ball…Jamie Vardy of a few years ago would’ve just let that drop over his head…” directed at the actual Jamie Vardy.
Presumably Utd fans say the same about Rashford

Was it the Middlesboro game at home where he missed 4 , one on ones
A younger Vardy would have buried them
Younger Vardy may also have missed them. Strikers who create lots of chances, sometimes miss them. The good ones dust themselves down and score next time. The great ones keep doing that for ten seasons.

Agree with the sentiment above though. It will be like the search for the next Ian Botham.

Jamie Vardy is 7 feet tall.

Yes, I've heard. Scores goals by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the league with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663