Please can you all......

Status
Not open for further replies.
pds said:
to be honest who now gives a shit how we play as long as we win. Holloway has done very well for QPR and i wouldn't be too troubled if we appointed him. He's got the passion and energy we all wanted to see.

He's done marginally better for QPR than CL did for City. Surely you would want to set your sights higher.

highland fox said:
Thing is BG Holloways team play unattractive,dull,dirty Football and they aren't even successful doing it.QPR are just 7 points ahead of us,Why would we want him ? I don't think theres a chance he'll be coming here,he's just not suitable and I trust TD & Co know that.

I dont want Holloway here, I fecking hate his accent. But give me dull, unattractive and dirty football and 3pts a game and I am a happy man. No morals but happy.....:icon_bigg

Boy Genius said:
I dont want Holloway here, I fecking hate his accent. But give me dull, unattractive and dirty football and 3pts a game and I am a happy man. No morals but happy.....:icon_bigg

But QPR are on the slide down the League they could yet be relegated,he's not going to give you 3 pts a game.I've nothing against him personally but I just don't think he's a very good Manager.

Id like to have other managers but he is probably the best we can settle for it seems. I believe us to have a much better squad than QPR but they are a higher than us in the table. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we appointed him. He also has plenty of experience in this division and knows what is needed. I'll give him 110% support if appointed.

Last edited:
On the subject of managers, what a great result for Watford and Adey Bothroyd (sp) tonight. Considering they were one of the favs to go down, and with the exception of Reading he must be close to manager of the season in our league.

Brauny Blue said:
On the subject of managers, what a great result for Watford and Adey Bothroyd (sp) tonight. Considering they were one of the favs to go down, and with the exception of Reading he must be close to manager of the season in our league.

Agree with you there BB, he has been superb.

highland fox said:
But QPR are on the slide down the League they could yet be relegated,he's not going to give you 3 pts a game.I've nothing against him personally but I just don't think he's a very good Manager.

no I am not saying he will do that. I will settle for any manager who will get us up there and I dont care how we do it. Kick our way to the top I say...
Not much of a sportsman that way......

Brauny Blue said:

What was the final score my fellow Braunstonian?

Boy Genius said:
no I am not saying he will do that. I will settle for any manager who will get us up there and I dont care how we do it. Kick our way to the top I say...
Not much of a sportsman that way......

The problem with kicking your way to the top, and thats often been quoted as the best way of getting out of this league, is that its a style which will get you instantly relegated from the premier league. Its o.k if you've got stacks of money because you can always bring in 3 or 4 quality signings to bridge the gap. In our case we would mainly have to go up with the team that got us promotion , so a decent style of football would be more suited if we were to be promoted again. When you look at this seasons 3 promoted teams, its West Ham who play football who have done well, where as Sunderland who romped home last season have been utter garbage this time around.

HELLO FELLOW TRUE BLUES

FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW I HAVE BIN LOOKING AND LAUGHING AT SOME OF THE RUMOURS AND OTHER GOSSIP ON THIS FORUM AND IT HAS NOW COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT IS TIME 2 PUT MY VIEWS FORWARD.

I BELIEVE THAT A CLUB LIKE OURS SHOULD ATLEAST B AIMING ABIT HIGHER THAN SUCH OF THE LIKES OF HOLLOWAY AND CO BECAUSE WE R IN A SITUATION THAT WE CANNOT AFFORD TO (QUOTE) GIVE HIM A CHANCE. IF WE ARE RUNNING LOW ON OPTIONS THEN WHY BREAK SOMETHIN THAT ISNT BROKE FOR WHAT MAYBE THE BIGGEST GAMBLE OF THE CLUBS HISTORY. I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER AND FROM WHAT I SAW ON SATURDAY, ROB KELLY HAS PUT FIRE IN THE BELLYS OF NOT JUST THE PLAYERS BUT THE FANS 2. THAT WAS 1 OF THE BIGGEST PIECES OF THE PUZZLE THAT CL COULD NOT FIND.:icon_bigg

ONCE U R BORN WITH BLUE BLOOD IT WILL NEVER LEAVE YA.

Hello fellow true blues

for a few weeks now i have bin looking and laughing at some of the rumours and other gossip on this forum and it has now come to my attention that is time 2 put my views forward.

I believe that a club like ours should atleast b aiming abit higher than such of the likes of holloway and co because we r in a situation that we cannot afford to (quote) give him a chance. If we are running low on options then why break somethin that isnt broke for what maybe the biggest gamble of the clubs history. I am a season ticket holder and from what i saw on saturday, rob kelly has put fire in the bellys of not just the players but the fans 2. That was 1 of the biggest pieces of the puzzle that cl could not find.

once u r born with blue blood it will never leave ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, remember first post?.

Holloway on gardening leave. what the f--k thats the only reason i would have him at leicester if he could sort out that goal mouth that nearly cost us a goal on saturday, thanks also to rabs lightnin reactions.:081:

pds said:
to be honest who now gives a shit how we play as long as we win. Holloway has done very well for QPR and i wouldn't be too troubled if we appointed him. He's got the passion and energy we all wanted to see.

Disagreeeeee! call me old fashioned but I've never played for or, more importantly coached a team where the bottom line was.."kick the fcuk out of them as long as we win"..........(and WE did.) I read post after post about dirty teams...do we want to join them? Holloway has obviously not been in the driver's seat for some time if he describes the team as "Queen's Park Strangers" because of the influx of new players this season. He obviously is not a people manager, and after CL, my gut reaction is the board will not appoint him...they can't afford, (in every sense) to make the same mistake again.He is everything that City is not...We are above gutter coaching.
:038: :098: :038:

Toronto said:
Disagreeeeee! call me old fashioned but I've never played for or, more importantly coached a team where the bottom line was.."kick the fcuk out of them as long as we win"..........(and WE did.) I read post after post about dirty teams...do we want to join them? Holloway has obviously not been in the driver's seat for some time if he describes the team as "Queen's Park Strangers" because of the influx of new players this season. He obviously is not a people manager, and after CL, my gut reaction is the board will not appoint him...they can't afford, (in every sense) to make the same mistake again.He is everything that City is not...We are above gutter coaching.
:038: :098: :038:

Great post Toronto, completely agree.

I don't want Holloway here and not many do. The point of Drummin's post was if, and only if he does end up here, lets give him 100% support and backing. I am sure Cov said the same thing about Adams when we were on his back. The same for Peter Taylor. Just because you are shite at one club, it doesn't mean you can't be succesful at another, unless you are Souness of course.

All Drummin' said was lets get behind him, not lets start off another post slagging off Holloway

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670