Please help me test something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'd appreciated it if people could go to this site: http://ipinfodb.com/index.php and look towards the bottom of your page below the red text where it says your country, State/Province and city. Please post in this thread where it says you are, along with your actual location.

Someone has told me it's very accurate, but it says I'm in London, so I'd like to know if I'm an exception or if it's just crap.

It says I'm in Burton upon Trent. I'm actually in Ratby, Leicester. I'm going to join you in saying it's just crap.

It says I'm in Stafford, which is a bit inconvenient as I'm supposed to be down my local in Old Harlow in 50 minutes.

It just says I am in the UK so I looked up the longitude and latitude coordinates it identified for me, which puts me next door to the cop shop on the Isle of Man. So its accurate to within about 400 miles as far as I can tell :)

It says I'm in London. I'm in Leicester.

It says I am in London, which I am.

But you would get that right about 1 in 7 by guesswork!

It says Solihull for me.
Pleasingly I'm nowhere near, I'm about 100 miles further northwest.

Rubbish on two counts.

Firstly, it only gives me the longitude and latitude and tells me I'm in the UK.
Secondly, the longitude and latitude says I am in the Isle of Man, when I'm in Penarth near Cardiff, and the Isle of Man isn't even part of the UK.

It says I'm in Liverpool. I'm in Leicester. The clock also appears to be eight minutes fast. Or does this mean it expects me to be in Liverpool in eight minutes' time? Is there a wormhole on Gipsy Lane I don't know about?

Last edited:
It has me down as being in Dublin. So it's only about a 100 miles out

It says I'm in Crawley, but I'm actually in Leicester.

It says I'm in Crawlley, but I'm in neither Crawley nor Leicester.

Last edited:
I'm apparantly in London too whereas I'm in Leics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673