Please No To Holloway And Blackwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamworth Fox

i think we should stick with stowell and kelly till the end of the season, if we win saturday i can see that happening.

Holloway and Blackwell please no............. :icon_evil

Last edited:
I agree - although I think Blackwell has done a great job at dirty Leeds.

the blackwell approach is a bit crazy when comparing our possition in the league. i dont really want a leeds reject anyway, i hate the foooookers. will be funny when we beat them at the walkers though,

"You can shove your kevin blackwell up your arse"

What Jessel just posted promted me to ask this question.

We have all been reminded at some point that we have got it wrong and we are at home this weekend or vice versa

But has anybody actually ever gone as far as turning up at a match and got the wrong day, or even the wrong ground?

Melton Fox said:

We have all been reminded at some point that we have got it wrong and we are at home this weekend or vice versa

But has anybody actually ever gone as far as turning up at a match and got the wrong day, or even the wrong ground?

No

I Went to the walkers in or first season there, about 2:30 one saturday to see if i could get a ticket for the days game. I only thought because i was passing by on the aylestone road anyway, it was only when i noticed the lack of traffic and people that i remembered we were away.

I am beginning to get embarrassed by our apparent policy of approaching managers left, right and centre, I feel the position has been devalued and that the club has openly left themselves open to ridicule.

IMO there should have been 2 or 3 outstanding candidates, Newell, Cotterill and Davies, I had no particular problem with the board identifying these three, who have all done very well, and then approaching their respective boards for permission to speak with them, however I have found the events of the last few days smack of desperation, we have now moved onto 2 further "potentials" in Holloway and now Blackwell, I do not see what the board are trying to achieve.

We have identified the only 3 serious and genuine candidates, we already have a decent caretaker manager in place, so why are we proceeding to approach manager upon manager, surely this will only help to prevent any potential manager coming here.

IMO the best course of action now would be either to appoint Newell asap or confirm Rob Kelly until the end of the season and then re-evaluate in the summer, because the longer this situation goes on, the more embarrasing it becomes to the club.

Melton Fox said:

About fifteen years ago, I was up in the north-west with a day to spare. I think it was Easter Monday or Easter Tuesday and I noticed in the paper that games were kicking off at different times and it was possible to get to three games in the same day. They were Blackburn v Middlesbrough, Bury v Huddersfield and Rochdale v Halifax.

The game at Ewood Park was at about 11:30 and then I made my way to Gigg Lane for 3:00. By 5:00 I had two games under my belt and was making my way down to Rochdale for the 7:30 kick-off. I'd only got about a mile or so when I heard the radio say "Rochdale 1 Halifax 1" (I think that was the score - don't hold me to it!). The game had been an afternoon kick-off despite half the day's papers saying that it was going to be an evening game!!

Still haven't managed to see three games on the same day, although I did manage 3 in 24 hours just last year.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I am beginning to get embarrassed by our apparent policy of approaching managers left, right and centre, I feel the position has been devalued and that the club has openly left themselves open to ridicule.

I would imagine that most decent clubs spread the net very widely when they need a new boss - and I wouldn't expect City to do it any differently if they want to get the best available. The amount of publicity that each approach attracts in largely out of the control of the club - I am sure that they would prefer it all to be kept secret but other people have other agendas.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
IMO there should have been 2 or 3 outstanding candidates, Newell, Cotterill and Davies, I had no particular problem with the board identifying these three, who have all done very well, and then approaching their respective boards for permission to speak with them, however I have found the events of the last few days smack of desperation, we have now moved onto 2 further "potentials" in Holloway and now Blackwell, I do not see what the board are trying to achieve.

What makes you think the approach was made to Leeds and QPR since the others we heard about last week?

If the club decided they wanted to interview several candidates they may have come up with 5-6 names, knowing that they may only be able to speak to 2-3 of them. They may have approached all the clubs concerned a week ago, but it's taken this long for the story to get out.

We should be pleased that the club is trying taking it seriously enough to go into it thoroughly rather than just appoint the first person they can think of.

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:

But has anybody actually ever gone as far as turning up at a match and got the wrong day, or even the wrong ground?[/quote]

When we were still at Filbert Street, I settled down one Sunday afternoon after dinner to watch a match on sky. I also had the radio to listen to City who were playing away.
The match came up on the TV and feck me it was Leicester, and they were playing Wibledon at home!!!:icon_eek:
I had to watch the first half at home, then did a Keke Rosberg down to the ground, parked the motor, ran to the ground and they came out for the second half just as I was running along the concourse. To cap it off some fecker was in my seat.....

I can see both your points, Boc and Webbo, I just feel at the moment it is turning a little bit embarrasing and sort of samcks of desperation, also it is fairly obvious that the club we are making the approach to is going to go public, and like you say you may well be the timing of the leaks by each club, but the way it is progressing, each day I expect to wake up and hear that we have approached another couple of managers, it may well be a thorough and very professional selection procedure, but I find the publicity at present is giving the impression we are desperate and that we dont appear to have a genuine first choice.

My concern is more with the impression of the club, than a real concern for how the selection process is being conducted.

webmaster said:
What makes you think the approach was made to Leeds and QPR since the others we heard about last week?

If the club decided they wanted to interview several candidates they may have come up with 5-6 names, knowing that they may only be able to speak to 2-3 of them. They may have approached all the clubs concerned a week ago, but it's taken this long for the story to get out.

We should be pleased that the club is trying taking it seriously enough to go into it thoroughly rather than just appoint the first person they can think of.

Agree Webbo. Furthermore I have yet to see any credible evidence that suggests we have approached either QPR or Leeds. Until i see quotes from either a chairman, manager or whoever, as is the case with Luton, Burnley and Preston, its purely just speculation and rumour.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I can see both your points, Boc and Webbo, I just feel at the moment it is turning a little bit embarrasing and sort of samcks of desperation, also it is fairly obvious that the club we are making the approach to is going to go public, and like you say you may well be the timing of the leaks by each club, but the way it is progressing, each day I expect to wake up and hear that we have approached another couple of managers, it may well be a thorough and very professional selection procedure, but I find the publicity at present is giving the impression we are desperate and that we dont appear to have a genuine first choice.

My concern is more with the impression of the club, than a real concern for how the selection process is being conducted.

The people on here know about all the rumours and speculation because we are the kind of people who will seek them out. Most people know that CL has been sacked and they won't know another thing about it until the name of the new manager is announced. I don't think there is any need to be embarrassed because, quite honestly, I don't think there are too many people watching. It's a bit like nude bathing on a deserted beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669