Pre Match Plymouth v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plymouth Argyle are unbeaten across their last 10 home league games against Leicester City (W5 D5) though this will be their first time hosting the Foxes since February 2010 (1-1).

Following a 4-0 win in the reverse fixture, Leicester City will be aiming to complete a league double over Plymouth Argyle for the first time since the 1955-56 campaign.

Plymouth have picked up four points in their last two Championship games (W1 D1), as many as they did in their previous nine combined (W1 D1 L7).

Since they beat Southampton 9-0 in October 2019, Leicester have won just two of their last 10 league games played on Fridays (D2 L6), both away wins coming this season at the Saints (4-1 in September) and Cardiff (2-0 in December).

Leicester City have lost their last two away league games – they haven’t lost three in a row since between August and October 2022 in the Premier League, while they last did so outside the top-flight in September 2012.

Simple 2-0 win for us tomorrow.

Plymouth Argyle are unbeaten across their last 10 home league games against Leicester City
I was talking about this at the Den on Tuesday night. Apparently we haven't won a league game down there since 1955.

Taken from the mockery

“At the end of Tuesday’s game, in City’s desperate search for an equaliser, Maresca brought Daka on to play alongside Kelechi Iheanacho. It was rare to see the City boss go for two strikers, and he says it’s only in situations like that they he will consider it an option.

“It was just for that scenario,” he said. “I’m not a fan to play with two strikers. It’s because in that moment, there was five minutes to go. We tried to put another striker on to see if we could take one point. But I’m not a fan of playing two strikers. We’ll see if it’s going to happen again, but it’s not the ideal situation for us.”

Taken from the mockery

“At the end of Tuesday’s game, in City’s desperate search for an equaliser, Maresca brought Daka on to play alongside Kelechi Iheanacho. It was rare to see the City boss go for two strikers, and he says it’s only in situations like that they he will consider it an option.

“It was just for that scenario,” he said. “I’m not a fan to play with two strikers. It’s because in that moment, there was five minutes to go. We tried to put another striker on to see if we could take one point. But I’m not a fan of playing two strikers. We’ll see if it’s going to happen again, but it’s not the ideal situation for us.”
When those two strikers are Daka and Iheabastardnacho and then I'm not a fan either.

When those two strikers are Daka and Iheabastardnacho and then I'm not a fan either.

Both of the hopeless ****s missed free ****ing headers - sooner put Stolarczyk and Danny Ward on

Just 1 striker would be nice compared to the 0 that played in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566