Points Deductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

indierich06

I've just read on the BBC website that Bournemouth are going to have to accept a -17 point deduction to play in league 2 next season.

I'm all for punishing clubs that go into administration - I think there should definitely be some sort of penalty, but aren't the FA going too far now?

Rotherham have been badly damaged by constant points deductions in the past few years and now it seems that Luton and Bournemouth are going to be irreparably damaged as well.

To me, this is having a massively detrimental effect on english football - the FA are effectively destroying clubs. Imagine what kind of position we could be in if we were punished as badly as some clubs for going into administration? It doesn't bare thinking about.

Imagine being a Bournemouth season ticket holder - you have to watch your team battle against relegation for the whole of last season, only to find out that you'll have to do the exact same thing again in league 2. Then imagine being a Luton season ticket holder, who are pretty much guaranteed to be relegated this season as well - it must be ****ing awful!

I know that sometimes clubs can bounce back from having a points deduction, i.e. Dirty Leeds, but surely the FA's aim should be to punish these teams - not make it impossible for them to make any progress?

What are your opinions?

I cant remember a season when 3 clubs all starting with minus points in the same league

What with LUTON on -30 points and BOURNEMOUTH and ROTHERHAM both being on -17 points The relegation battle is already on before a ball is kicked. As for any of these teams even BOURNEMOUTH or ROTHERHAM getting anywhere near the play offs well it will take some effort to do that particularly through lack of resources and the fact that players already at these clubs will be looking to go elsewhere for success will not help nor will the fact that it will be very difficult for the likes of Mark Robbins to attract any decent players to the club

Last edited:
I cant remember a season when 3 clubs all starting with minus points

What with LUTON on -30 points and BOURNEMOUTH and ROTHERHAM both being on -17 points The relegation battle is already on before a ball is kicked. As for any of these teams even BOURNEMOUTH or ROTHERHAM getting anywhere near the play offs well it will take some effort to do that particularly through lack of resources and the fact that players already at these clubs will be looking to go elsewhere for success will not help nor will the fact that it will be very difficult for the likes of Mark Robbins to attract any decent players to the club

And breeeeeeathe

'You know, at one time there must have been dozens of companies making buggy whips......'

I cant remember a season when 3 clubs all starting with minus points in the same league

It's mental.

They have gone too far IMO.

If they have to deduct points ten should be a maximum.

Whilst I feel for the fans and I am not happy with FA for it's punishment for one, punishment for other. Luton I feel for even more due to the manner and the crooks involved, Bournemouth and Rotherham got themselves in this mess. I don't agree with the severe punishment which has been dealt either. If any of these three clubs are in admin and in the conference next season, they will be removed for that division.

It's correct though...just the punishment is a bit too much.

Luton actually have a half decent chance of staying up now as they are only 5 wins away from safety, rather than 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669