1 Middlesbrough v Leicester
1 Leicester v Burnley
3 Leicester v Crystal Palace
1 Reading v Leicester
0 Nott'm Forest v Leicester
1 Leicester v Watford
1 Doncaster v Leicester
3 Leicester v Ipswich

31 points in total. Is that enough for play-offs (70) ?

Oh Christ, they've let Joe get near a computer again. Will social services never learn?

Last edited:
I like the idea the we'll only loose three more games this season. I hope that you are right Joe.

In fact I hope we don't loose any more but that's being wishful.

Oh Christ, they've let Joe get near a computer again. Will social services never learn?

It's the day release process - he's slipped his minder and is in the internet cafe at Edna's Coffee and Cake Shop

Tragic

I don't see what your problems are - this is a realistic prediction for the rest of the season. If Webbo or someone had posted it no doubt it would be all about ball licking and thumbs up.

Can we have a spreadsheet showing the possible final points of all the top teams likely to feature in the promotion shakeup then we might know if 70 points is enough.

PS I think if playoffs are possible by the time we play Donny we would beat them!

Shambolic.

I was expecting a spreadsheet at the very least.

I like the idea the we'll only loose three more games this season. I hope that you are right Joe.

In fact I hope we don't loose any more but that's being wishful.

Have you a problem with your stools sir?

Shambolic.

I was expecting a spreadsheet at the very least.

Anything less than a spreadsheet showing every result in the Championship for the rest of the season with decent statistical backing is obviously unacceptable, I hear Mystic Meg can provide one

I don't see what your problems are - this is a realistic prediction for the rest of the season. If Webbo or someone had posted it no doubt it would be all about ball licking and thumbs up.

It's not just thumbs up on here...so i've heard :icon_eek:

Well I think that the points predictions are pretty realisitic and to be honest, pretty disappointing to see that we'd only end up with 70 points and probably miss out on the play offs. It's a mere vehicle for discussion any way so don't get all tarty on me you flaming donnas.

Well I think that the points predictions are pretty realisitic and to be honest, pretty disappointing to see that we'd only end up with 70 points and probably miss out on the play offs. It's a mere vehicle for discussion any way so don't get all tarty on me you flaming donnas.

You've convinced me not to bother going for the rest of the season Joe...Sven out!

I actually did a calculation based on the points we've already accumulated under Sven, and I too came the conclusion that we'd finish with 70 points.

What I think is interesting is Nigel Pearson got us 76 points with a team that involved Micheal Morrison, Matty Fryatt, Martyn Waghorn, Jack Hobbs, and Bruno Berner as first team regulars. Nowadays all those players are/were considered not good enough for a team aiming to move up the table. What has happened to these players in the period between Pearson leaving and Sven arriving? I think that's an interesting point for discussion.

Sometimes I just think, with the players we've now got and the masses of money spent on wages, we should basically be expecting to win every match.

I actually did a calculation based on the points we've already accumulated under Sven, and I too came the conclusion that we'd finish with 70 points.

What I think is interesting is Nigel Pearson got us 76 points with a team that involved Micheal Morrison, Matty Fryatt, Martyn Waghorn, Jack Hobbs, and Bruno Berner as first team regulars. Nowadays all those players are/were considered not good enough for a team aiming to move up the table. What has happened to these players in the period between Pearson leaving and Sven arriving? I think that's an interesting point for discussion.

Sometimes I just think, with the players we've now got and the masses of money spent on wages, we should basically be expecting to win every match.

I think those players suited Pearson's tactics very well. They do not fit in with Sven's. Simple as that really.

Under Pearson we played a very rigid defensive style, with defensive full backs and good positonal sense accross the pitch.

Sven's free-flowing attacking play just does not suit the likes of Hobbs, Berner & Morrison (Fryatt would have done alright if not for the red card against Norwich IMO).

With regards to us making the play-offs, I think we will make it.

In comparing with the situation last year though we should keep in mind that because of the disastrous start under Sousa it has been almost like starting with a points deduction, wrt the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669