Points from the rest of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title winning form of Newcastle last year produced 43 points from their last 18 games - I'd take that.

Most other teams stumbled their way through the last third of the season, we were the best of the rest with 33 points in the run in - and improved our GD by 13. Do that again and we'd probably make it.

72 maybe light but it will make for a roller-coaster finish. I feel that we can win at least half our remaining games. We are then left to pick up 7 pts from 27. It looks simple. Cheers Joe_Fox, you've filled a dreary afternoon. I think your 'last 8 games' run-in predictions don't factor in the momentum gained from the 6-2-2 form you forecast.:)

Last edited:
Can someone please explain what happens if:
A. Six or more teams accumulate more points than us.
B. We lose all our remaining games.
C. We win all our remaining games and all other games end in draws.
D. Sven knobs one of the girls in the ticket office.
E. Joe_Fox starts another absurd thread like this every week between now and the playoffs.

Thanks.

This isn't a pop at you BM, but it reminds me of what pisses me off. Why oh why do some of our morons at the back of the Kop insist on singing that 'She said no, Sven' chant?

Are they trying to piss off the best manager we have had since O'Neill?

We either stay in the Championship or get relegated.

We get relegated

We get promoted.

They should be so lucky.

E. Joe_Fox starts another absurd thread like this every week between now and the playoffs.

There is no if about this. It's a nailed-on certainty.

Don't mention it.

Last edited:
Sven-Goran Eriksson is a much better manager than Martin O'Neill.

He's not won us anything yet.

But you didn't say our most successful manager or determine what they've actually done at the club. If that was the case then Sven isn't better than Nigel Pearson yet. You said the best manager we've had since O'Neill. In terms of managerial ability, Sven is by far and away the best manager we've ever had (I know I'm not old enough to remember Gillies, Orr, Hodge etc. but in terms of record and intelligence about the game, I highly doubt they can touch him).

Last edited:
This isn't a pop at you BM, but it reminds me of what pisses me off. Why oh why do some of our morons at the back of the Kop insist on singing that 'She said no, Sven' chant?
I know you understand that what I asked was completely different to an apparent rape allegation. I also know you realise it was a joke, based on Sven's record :icon_wink And I don't know why. As far as I know, Sven has never been accused of rape.
Are they trying to piss off the best manager we have had since O'Neill?
Probably.

But you didn't say our most successful manager or determine what they've actually done at the club. If that was the case then Sven isn't better than Nigel Pearson yet. You said the best manager we've had since O'Neill. In terms of managerial ability, Sven is by far and away the best manager we've ever had (I know I'm not old enough to remember Gillies, Orr, Hodge etc. but in terms of record and intelligence about the game, I highly doubt they can touch him).

Sven has potential, I'll grant you that :icon_wink

Anyway, previous form counts for nothing. It's what they do at our club that counts.

Last edited:
I know you understand that what I asked was completely different to an apparent rape allegation. I also know you realise it was a joke, based on Sven's record

I do. That's why I made it clear it wasn't a pop at you :056:

I just hope he fulfils it with us. :)

He always comes across as a such a likeable person in interviews I find it hard not to want to see him have success here more than any other manager I can remember.

(Yes, I am Faria Alam)

Last edited:
Anyway, previous form counts for nothing. It's what they do at our club that counts.

In that case he's only our best manager since Nigel Pearson at this point. :icon_wink

We blame Sousa

We Blame Sven.

Sven is God

Keys and Gray ask for an interview

I drown my laptop in a bucket of sick

Pleasure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673