Points Target for play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really is, after my two year reign over AFC Wimbledon, getting back to back promotions and securing a solid squad, I took over Leicester and Beckfords tally stretches 23 goals, in just over a quarter of the season gone
Sounds like you're our man.

realistically, if we win every game from now till the end of the season, we'll avoid relegation

This season is already looking like we'll need to break records to get into the play-offs.

The teams that currently occupying those positions have averaged the following points so far per game:

Birmingham - 1.72
Cardiff - 1.66
Blackpool - 1.63
Hull - 1.68

They've averaged those points for well over half the season, so I don't see why they wouldn't be too dissimilar at the end of the season. On that basis they would end up with the following points (rounded down were applicable)

Birmingham - 79pts
Cardiff - 76pts
Blackpool - 75pts
Hull - 77pts

For reference we're currently averaging 1.4pts per game and should that continue, we'll finish on or around 64pts.

I've already written this season off.

Wow! And there are people who find my posts too complex.
However, I cannot agree with your last sentence.

I look forward to the next game I will go to - against Coventry. I very much prefer it if we win against them but I look forward to seeing Bamba back and want to see Drinkwater play again. Whatever happens I am sure I will enjoy the repartee from the grand bunch who sit around me.

Promotion would have been a lovely bonus but for me it is the football and all that accompanies it on matchday that makes the season.

Wow! And there are people who find my posts too complex.
However, I cannot agree with your last sentence.

I look forward to the next game I will go to - against Coventry. I very much prefer it if we win against them but I look forward to seeing Bamba back and want to see Drinkwater play again. Whatever happens I am sure I will enjoy the repartee from the grand bunch who sit around me.

Promotion would have been a lovely bonus but for me it is the football and all that accompanies it on matchday that makes the season.
Indeed. I think the remainder of this season is going to be engrossing. Even if we falter in our promotion challenge, I predict the likes of Drinkwater and co. to produce some excellent football and a glimpse of what may be to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669