Points Tracker 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we finish in the top 3 then I'd rather us finish 5th than 4th.

If we have to qualify for the champions league then we'll get an awful draw so would be better off having a year in the Europa League, win that and get in the Champions League the following season.

Wouldn't we be in the Europa league if we lose the champions league play off? Or do I have that completely wrong?

Wouldn't we be in the Europa league if we lose the champions league play off? Or do I have that completely wrong?

I think I'm right in saying that we've never before qualified for Europe due to our league position. Irrespective of which competition we were to qualify for, it would be an immense achievement.

And since we have no European record to speak of, which ever competition we qualify for we will be seeded awfully - unless we go in as champions.

I assumed we didn't but I was basing that on pretty much nothing.

I just remember Everton finished 4th then got a really tough qualifying round draw and got spanked. Can't remember if they got Europa League instead but I think it would be remarkable if we finished top 4 and then even more so if we got through the qualifying round as well!

Maybe our owners would be happy with 6th to 8th this season and then the target next season could be top 6?

Doesn't the big bucks Sky money start next season?

Does anyone know what getting into the Europa and Champions League is worth financially?

Maybe our owners would be happy with 6th to 8th this season and then the target next season could be top 6?

Doesn't the big bucks Sky money start next season?

Does anyone know what getting into the Europa and Champions League is worth financially?
getting in to the champions league 32 alone is not worth as much as you might think, around £6M. There are small increments for winning games (£700k) or drawing (£175k) and further increments for progressing through the later stages. Last year Barcelona received less than £10M for winning it. I'd assumed participation would have yielded much more.

We're we to qualify it would likely pay for little more than Leonardo Ulloa.

getting in to the champions league 32 alone is not worth as much as you might think, around £6M. There are small increments for winning games (£700k) or drawing (£175k) and further increments for progressing through the later stages. Last year Barcelona received less than £10M for winning it. I'd assumed participation would have yielded much more.

So, why the desperation for teams to finish in the Champions League places, are the spin-offs lucrative - such as advertising, shirt dales, new fans to the club and so on?

Does that include tv money?

So, why the desperation for teams to finish in the Champions League places, are the spin-offs lucrative - such as advertising, shirt dales, new fans to the club and so on?

All of that

Plus all the top players want to play for clubs in the Champions League

That IS the TV money. It's the total prize money awarded. Having said that there's a circa 40% increase for this seasons CL

Sorry, I meant the per televised match, if they receive payments for that.

I'm actually struggling to come to terms with this season. It is quite literally unbelievable - I don't yet believe we will do it but how amazing would it be.

My Leicester City, the first game I watched of which at the ground was a 0-0 draw with Cardiff in the season we were relegated to the third tier of English football, will qualify to play in the Champion's league if we can replicate the first half of the season.
Not the Europa league, not top 10, but an actual Champions league spot.
Dreamland. Hopefully that prediction of 78 points will stand valid, because that will get CL football this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566