Pompey - Carling Cup away - 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, Weale is the better keeper out of the three, Logan has had some shockers for us in the past, but seems to have improved greatly.
I did not go to the match last night so can not comment how well he did.

How did Abe do last night? i heard he did took on 3 players did a one two and then crossed it for Gally to hit the bar

Just my opinion, Weale is the better keeper out of the three, Logan has had some shockers for us in the past, but seems to have improved greatly.
I did not go to the match last night so can not comment how well he did.

How far you going back? In recent seasons when called upon he's done a good job.
Some have been questioning Weale, so maybe give CL a run in the first team.

I'd play a different defence to last night, Neilson for Lamey, Hobbs for Morrison? and Berner for Kennedy but thats about it, I think the midfield and attack was good, Abe sounded a lot better than Wellens and I think if we can play the first half like the second with the same midfield and attack and not keep swapping formations, players etc. we have a good foundation to win games!

I would expect Oakley in for Moreno, Fryatt in for Howard. I don't particularly want Howard to be dropped, but I think a combination of tiredness and PS's desire to tinker will take effect.

Logan sounded like he played a blinder last night, made the best save I've ever heard.

He did have a cracking game - save on the stroke of half time was probably the pick of them and without that I suspect we would have lost

I was relating my post to BM's in an attempt to induce faux annoyance from him and simultaneously lampoon Lanxfox, but thanks for the first hand info Pompers.:038:

I was relating my post to BM's in an attempt to induce faux annoyance from him and simultaneously lampoon Lanxfox, but thanks for the first hand info Pompers.:038:

:icon_eek:
I didn't realise people did that kind of thing.

PS has said "Now we have an opportunity to get an important club in the next round".

I hope he didn't really mean that and it's due to a misunderstanding of the word 'important'.

It was Sousa who was misunderstood.

He meant to say "Now we have an opportunity to get an important club's reserve side in the next round."

PS has said "Now we have an opportunity to get an important club in the next round".

I hope he didn't really mean that and it's due to a misunderstanding of the word 'important'.

There was an interview with him the day after the Cardiff game where he used the word important 5 or 6 times referring to various things. It was his lack of English I suspect.

There was an interview with him the day after the Cardiff game where he used the word important 5 or 6 times referring to various things. It was his lack of English I suspect.

He also uses the word 'intensity' a little too often for my liking. I think he should get his thesaurus out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669