pompy pre-season match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
any match news? still can't get real player to work, would be nice to know if we look capable of holding the ball in midfield any more so than last season

cheers steven, i'm now in the know!

I really hope we can get 2 left sided players in this week...

At the very least, a left winger. Porter clearly isn't rated, and with Mattock going off today we're player a right back and a central midfielder down the left.

We've only got Sheehan, Mattock, Porter and Hayes to play down the left really, and they are young and unproven and we can't count on just them. Problem is, I can't think of any left wingers that we could go and get... I don't want to see someone like Clemence played out of position all season though. If we can get a decent left winger in then it improves our team greatly.

Sounded a fairly decent first half (for a pre-season friendly!), the team seems to be holding their own against pretty good opposition. However, I'm more worried than ever about the left hand side now. It's almost to the point where I'm actually wishing MA will throw Porter on for 45 to see how he does! Hope Mattock's substitution was just precautionary.

the only trouble with hearing Katherine Jenkins sing the welsh national anthem on Five Live, is that you don't get to see her.
she's definitely in my gang.

back to the football....our left side is pretty weak...if non existent. the right side was more the problem last year and we still haven't any evidence that Kaebi is the right winger we've been looking for. so arguably, although the spine of the team is stronger we can't be certain that we'll be getting down the flanks any better than before.

Nothing like a couple of knocks in a friendly to make me realise how we still need players...

Already mentioned being scared by our left side, but with McCauley limping off, who do we have to play CB in the next few weeks if he can't play, with Kisnorbo suspended as well? Stearman could play CB, but again this takes us back to our non-existant left side, in that Stearman might have to play RB so that Chambers can play LB...

Hmmm really need that left side sorted, and ideally another CB for cover as well.

a few injuries always highlight what cover you've got i suppose. mcauley and mattock would be two big misses for the first few games of the season. hopefully those three or four are still on the cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69