Poor attendances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand the business model in the Prem of clubs who do not fill grounds not reducing season ticket prices.

Clubs like Blackburn and Wigan that barely get 20000 on a gate, perhaps £15million in a season.

That is dwarfed by their Sky payments of £30-40million. If they dropped their ST prices say by £100 they would need perhaps an extra 4000 fans to make up the shortfall, but there would also be an extra 4000 fans in their store and on the concourses buying food and drink.

Can anyone who understands how football business works explain why Prem Clubs with low gates do not reduce ticket prices to get a bigger spend with a larger footfall to the ground?

A lot of clubs contact out their catering therefore do not make more money for selling more food.

That reminds me ... now that Top and Susan Whelan have given us the best screens and pitch in the entire league and one of the best training grounds anywhere, and a better manager, when are they are going to sort out the best catering in the league for us. I mean you cannot even get chips on the concourse FFS!

That reminds me ... now that Top and Susan Whelan have given us the best screens and pitch in the entire league and one of the best training grounds anywhere, and a better manager, when are they are going to sort out the best catering in the league for us. I mean you cannot even get chips on the concourse FFS!

The chip cob I had at Alfreton Town last week was the best food I've had at any football match.
They had a lot more choice than most grounds at our level, and it was much cheaper. It was like a having a proper chip shop inside the ground.

I think people forget we are a rugby city as much as a football one.

Yes the attendance is lower than we would like but 22,000 on a Sunday in late November after the Tigers had played at home the previous evening isn't that bad.

No we're not. We're much more of a football city than a rugby one.

I wasn't arguing which had most support. I was simply stating that we are a rugby city as much as a football one.

I could have also mentioned cricket but that is pretty much a minority sport really.

I was simply stating that we are a rugby city as much as a football one.

But that's just not true.

There are a lot more football supporters in the city than rugby supporters. Therefore we're not a rugby city as much as a football one.
The fact that we have a successful rugby team might mean the football team loses out on some fans, but that doesn't make the two sports equal.

Last edited:
But that's just not true.

There are a lot more football supporters in the city than rugby supporters. Therefore we're not a rugby city as much as a football one.

Would you accept that we are a Rugby city as well as a football city?

I assumed you meant what you wrote. I didn't realise I was supposed to interpret it differently.

I think you are splitting hairs Jeff........Oh ...but then looking at your avatar, you may missinterpret that as well.:icon_wink

Everything is far more expensive now, the cost of living is rising ata frightening rate, gas, electric food are all going up and don't talk to me about petrol! This is bound to have some effect all over the country. Those that pay on usually on matchday may well decide that the £30+ would be better of getting them to work all week.

Those that pay on usually on matchday may well decide that the £30+ would be better of getting them to work all week.

me included, this is the first season I haven't gone a game since I started watching in about 1990

just a lot of money to watch Sven politely explain how we didn't win

however, bit happier now NP is back and if we string a few wins, I think me and mrs DV will pop along

oh and in the Championship, we have lots of games on the telly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670