Post Match Porto 5 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Harvey Barnes put onto the CL squad list before the competition started or added for this game?

To add insult to injury, Porto are going to send the bill to Leicester to have their stadium fumigated after that display of utter steaming sh*te from the premier league champions

"I have no regrets because I wanted to give an opportunity to all my players. If I needed to win or draw, I would bring all my first team to fight, but when you know there is another difficult match on Saturday against Man City and you are top of the group, why not give a chance to players who say 'why I don't play? We are losing in the Premier League, give me a chance'.

"For this reason, I give me a chance to them. That's it. Then, the result is my fault but they missed a great chance."

So which players do you think have said "Why don't I play?"

Schlupp
Musa
Hernandez
Chilwell
Gray

I can't imagine it's Was, he knows his situation, or Okazaki, he gets his run outs and Mendy is on the way back from injury. Certainly a "put up or shut up" moment.

So which players do you think have said "Why don't I play?"

Schlupp
Musa
Hernandez
Chilwell
Gray

I can't imagine it's Was, he knows his situation, or Okazaki, he gets his run outs and Mendy is on the way back from injury. Certainly a "put up or shut up" moment.
I don't think he meant it as a literal quote, FIF. Presumably, all players who are outside the starting eleven want to be in it.

As nice as it is to let Barnes have CL experience, what about Kapustka? Does he really exist?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't think he meant it as a literal quote, FIF. Presumably, all players who are outside the starting eleven want to be in it.

I'm sure they do but I can imagine some players voicing this to the manager. I must be turning into BN and looking for things that are not there. :)

As nice as it is to let Barnes have CL experience, what about Kapustka? Does he really exist?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It was a really strange one. Like a big FU to some players.

On the plus side (says the yack, desperately scrabbling through memories of last night), Albrighton did look a decent player for a bit when he came on.

Stand by for a huge clear out he has been severely let down by his players

Someone would need to take on their wages in order for us to sell them. That won't be easy for some of them.

I only managed to watch the first half (due to a ropey broadband connection) but, I'm not sure that anything could be read in to that performance.

Apart from giving everyone a European outing, what can be said? On that basis, Drinkwater and Oki are not worth a first team place. It was a group who have never played together, and looked like it. How can anyone be judged on that?

Reactions: FIF
Do you know who I feel sorry for?

1. The Porto fans, who think they are world-beaters but whose team couldn't manage to put more than five past a rabble of reserve and third-team no-hopers who hopefully have just wasted their best chance of earning that regular first-team start that they apparently yearn for.
Yup, the Porto fans and

2. The City fans who were flown straight in and straight out by Thomas Cook and didn't get chance to experience more of this beautiful and friendly city.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669