Portsmouth 72 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Vitor was excellent until the foul that led to his rather harsh sending off (he did make a real hash of the challenge though)

The TV folks agreed with you but I really felt the sending off was justified. There was a chance that the forward might score and Vitor made a rugby tackle. It would have outraged me if it had happened to a Leicester forward.
Imagine if the referee had given a yellow and awarded a free kick which came to nothing. Vitor's cynicism would have won.

There were few good things about last night but I think Logan deserves praise. A young second choice goalkeeper comes in and finds that his back four is a joke - he could easily have gone to pieces after the fourth goal but he did not. Logan came in for a lot of criticism a couple of years ago so lets give him credit for last night. A pity the rest were not as good as him.

Just seen the 'highlights' and am pretty speechless about that defending. No more please, no more.

Having just watched the "highlights" of the Portsmouth match, I have a question for those who see Leicester regularly: is Sousa trying to change his playing style?

I ask this because, at both QPR and Swansea, he played tight teams that may not score too often, but conceded even fewer. On Friday we started with three out and out attacking players (Dyer, Waghorn and Howard), and kept them on the field even when Vitor was dismissed. On previous experience, I would have expected to lose Waghorn and play on the break.

It is also hard to understand how a manager with a good defensive record, cannot get more from City's defenders: they were awful! :102:

Just seen the 'highlights' and am pretty speechless about that defending. No more please, no more.

I've also just watched the highlights. Have to agree- Morrison giving the ball away, that shouldn't happen. Not sure quite how sousa has managed to turn Hobbs- who made pretty much every single header perfectly last year- into a nervous wreck who suddenly can't judge anything. get the man out, whoever's actually in charge now- Sousa really has to go.

It is also hard to understand how a manager with a good defensive record, cannot get more from City's defenders: they were awful! :102:

Communication.

Young players aren't good at it, foreigners can't do it in English and the man himself (despite working in the country for two years) seems wholly incapable of doing it in a coherent manner.

2 more games for Paolo to sort it out IMO. Anything less than 4 points from the next two games and he'll be out.

I know.
Anyone who has mentioned it to me this weekend I've changed the subject. Else I'd be offending them with the language I'd use!
I got to work Saturday morning and the first thing someone said to me was 'what happened la-'. I don't know anything after that because I put my earphones back in.

I know.
Anyone who has mentioned it to me this weekend I've changed the subject. Else I'd be offending them with the language I'd use!

I know the feeling - it seems all of a sudden the entire f*cking country were watching us getting spanked on Sky Sports 3 (I mean... Sky Sports 3? Friday night? Come on?!).

2 more games for Paolo to sort it out IMO. Anything less than 4 points from the next two games and he'll be out.

Exactly my sentiments. Can't believe the guys who have invested huge money in this won't just replace him regardless of the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669