Portsmouth (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true, but what if Bamba had headed it clear - would it have been a goal? What if someone was marking Nugent and got a good tackle in, would it have been a goal?

What if we had taken two of our good chances, would we be so bothered?

They are unanswerable questions to which the answer is 'possibly', but all i'm saying is he either had to:

A) Stay on his line: Result = No goal

or

B) Collect it: Result = No goal.

When i say no goal once again i can't say with any degree of certainty, the only certainty is if he had done A and B, we wouldn't have lost 1 nil to this goal.

Last edited:
They are unanswerable questions to which the answer is 'possibly', but all i'm saying is he either had to:

or

When i say no goal once again i can't say with any degree of certainty, the only certainty is if he had done A and B, we wouldn't have lost 1 nil to this goal.

Wait... what??? So, you 'can't say with any degree of certainty' but then declare it as a certainty?

Okay

Conceding a goal after 15 minutes is unfortunate. Failing to score in the remaining 75 minutes, at home, is shambolic and that is what cost us the game, not the keeper.

Conceding a goal after 15 minutes is unfortunate. Failing to score in the remaining 75 minutes, at home, is shambolic and that is what cost us the game, not the keeper.

shush now with your common sense... :icon_lol:

If the front line keep missing chances, it puts more pressure on the defence not to feck up.
We could've, and probably should've, been 2 up before Pompey had a sniff at goal.

If Ricardo had stayed on his line, would've Sol headed the ball to Nugent, would Nugent shoot straight at Ricardo. No one fecking knows.

All we know is it, it was one big feck up with defence and anyone else within spitting distance of Nugent that Pompey scored.

To blame it all on Ricardo is totally unjust.

Also dropping an international keeper for someone who is a second string keeper is madness.

From the highlights though it was 100% Ricardos fault. He came for the ball and didn't get there, if he had got to the ball and caught it the ball wouldn't have ended up in the net. Simples.

I'm struggling to see the relevance that Ricardo was once an international keeper.

As already pointed out on this thread - other teams see his inability to safely deal with crosses as a weakness to exploit. He's too small to dominate his area and he doesn't catch too many.

I've never rated Weale as a particularly good keeper - but I bet that opposing sides would prefer to play against Ricardo. Sven may be forced to back track on his selection policy on this one. One more glaring mess in the defence with Ricardo in the thick of it isn't going to go down well......and yes I fully realise that Bamba played a leading part in giving away the goal.

I fully realise that Bamba played a leading part in giving away the goal.

But no-one will boo Bamba and call for him to be dropped because he has a funny name they can chant and he is a 'lesta legund' already :icon_roll

Bambypants was as much to blame for the goal as Ricketyardo.

In Bamba I see an improvement on Hobbs & Morrison. I do NOT see any improvement on Weale in Ricketyardo, which is suppose why people get frustrated with him....?

But no-one will boo Bamba and call for him to be dropped because he has a funny name they can chant and he is a 'lesta legund' already :icon_roll

From the comments I hear there are people who have noticed the way that his performances have fallen away too. Of course there are others who are well into the syndrome you mention. He is of course the only one in the current back 4 who isn't on loan and he also adds a bit of physical presence to a team that is a bit of a pushover when it comes to a physical battle.

or

Wait... what??? So, you 'can't say with any degree of certainty' but then declare it as a certainty? Okay

What are you confused about regarding the above statement?

Last edited:
If he had stayed on his line, he could not have collected the cross (not without Inspector Gadget arms anyway), so your certainty is not a certainty.

According to LCFC.com Weale is 6'2", Ricardo is 6'1". (for what it really matters, Ricardo is 5 years older and 9lbs lighter).

Sol is 6'3", Bruma is 6'1", Mee & Naughton are both 5'11". So we're not actually short in defence height wise, so crosses should be a formality (very much like the Pompey defence on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

All of the above statement

Having re-read it a number of times I think I now understand it.
He means if the goalkeeper had stayed on his line and collected the ball it wouldn't have been a goal. Obvious really.

I can play this game.

I can say with certainty that if Yakubu had scored a hat-trick we'd have scored at least three goals in the game.

If Bamba had been send off in the first minute we'd have had to play with less than 11 men for most of the game.

If Abe had given birth to a giant lizard in the goalmouth, the game would have been abandoned, or at least held up for a little while.

I'm certain that all of the above are true.

He means if the goalkeeper had stayed on his line and collected the ball it wouldn't have been a goal. Obvious really.

I can play this game.

I can say with certainty that if Yakubu had scored a hat-trick we'd have scored at least three goals in the game.

If Bamba had been send off in the first minute we'd have had to play with less than 11 men for most of the game.

If Abe had given birth to a giant lizard in the goalmouth, the game would have been abandoned, or at least held up for a little while.

Ah righto. So, if the ball hadn't gone into the goal, they wouldn't have scored.
I geddit.
Profundity abounds.

I can play this game.

No, sorry i'm clearly having a blond moment.

It says if he had stayed on his line or come out and collected it the goal would not have happened, which is factual, why are some confused by this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669