Possible holiday destinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Next year both me and the current Mrs NF are the big 30.

I would like to go around the beginning of May next year as it's between our two birthdays. With this in mind, I would not like to spend my time somewhere where it rains for the entire duration of my holiday.

I would like to go somewhere a bit special, and dont mind splashing out a bit if it's worth it.

The mrs is quite a fussy eater, so the far east is probably out of the question. I was looking at Antigua, but I would like to venture out and Antigua appears to be very hotel based.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

30 is not big.

We spent this April boating in Cheshire, Lancashire and Yorkshire and didn't see a spot of rain in the whole month. I therefore recommend that you go a month early and visit these three fine counties.

It will also leave you free for the play-offs... and with money in your pocket for a Wembley ticket.

30 is not big.

We spent this April boating in Cheshire, Lancashire and Yorkshire and didn't see a spot of rain in the whole month. I therefore recommend that you go a month early and visit these three fine counties.

It will also leave you free for the play-offs... and with money in your pocket for a Wembley ticket.

Play-offs?? Are you insane? Were gonna win the league :icon_lol:

30 is not big.
Not compared to you it isn't.
I can't imagine Notts in shorts. And before you try to force me, just remember I know where you live.
Why would he want to watch that?

The nicest place I have ever been to is Oia in Santorini, which is one of the greek islands. You can fly direct from Manchester or what i did was fly to Athens have a few days there and then fly to Santorini then fly back to Manchester. The food is nice and quite cheap, pleanty of lamb and seafood. I booked it with travel coucelors who taylor make trips but I think Thomas cook do packages. this is where i stayed http://www.finikiaplace.com/

You could do worse than Mexico in the Mayan Riviera

If you can cope with fat Americans... Nice beaches though.

I'd go for the Seychelles, if it's good enough for the royals it should be good enough for you. But obviously your big trip is THIS summer. :icon_wink

Go British.

5481369961_6d601e074d.jpg

If you can cope with fat Americans... Nice beaches though.

I'd go for the Seychelles, if it's good enough for the royals it should be good enough for you. But obviously your big trip is THIS summer. :icon_wink

We had no problem of that sort when we went on honeymoon, Cancun is the place for that.

I would like to go around the beginning of May next year as it's between our two birthdays. With this in mind, I would not like to spend my time somewhere where it rains for the entire duration of my holiday.

I would like to go somewhere a bit special, and dont mind splashing out a bit if it's worth it.

The mrs is quite a fussy eater, so the far east is probably out of the question. I was looking at Antigua, but I would like to venture out and Antigua appears to be very hotel based.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sardinia. :)

I've not been there but I've stayed in several Riu group hotels and they've always been good, the complimentary fridge full of beer and mixer and 4 optics on the wall (white rum, dark rum, vodka and whiskey in the carribean and tequila, white rum, vodka and whiskey in Mexico) didn't influence my feelings at all.

I've not been there but I've stayed in several Riu group hotels and they've always been good, the complimentary fridge full of beer and mixer and 4 optics on the wall (white rum, dark rum, vodka and whiskey in the carribean and tequila, white rum, vodka and whiskey in Mexico) didn't influence my feelings at all.

I stayed in a Riu in Cuba and couldnt fault them... and like you I had the fridge full of beer, spirits and a bottle of champagne on my birthday :)

We stayed there, it was fantastic.

2 things putting me off. The cost compared to Cape Verde is almost double. The reviews seem to say the hotel is a wedding factory and because of this the staff are not always readily available to other guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00