Possible holiday destinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things putting me off. The cost compared to Cape Verde is almost double. The reviews seem to say the hotel is a wedding factory and because of this the staff are not always readily available to other guests.

A couple of friends have just returned from CV. They were really pleased with their hotel but said there was very little else. Sounded to me as somewhere to go in a few years time as there was a lot of building work going on.

I really want to go back to Mexico but money to tight at the moment. This is where we went on our honeymoon. Not a wedding factory at all (only one when we were there in the July), couldn't fault the staff. Each block of c.30 appts had it's own concierge.
http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels/el_dorado_royale/

A couple of friends have just returned from CV. They were really pleased with their hotel but said there was very little else. Sounded to me as somewhere to go in a few years time as there was a lot of building work going on.
[/url]

This sounds very like my brother's experience of Cape Verde

This sounds very like my brother's experience of Cape Verde

This is my only concern. I'm after a relaxing break, so i'm not too fussed about the fact there isn't a great deal to do. The hotels appear to have an acceptable level of entertainment to keep you occupied.

I really want to go back to Mexico but money to tight at the moment. This is where we went on our honeymoon. Not a wedding factory at all (only one when we were there in the July), couldn't fault the staff. Each block of c.30 appts had it's own concierge.
http://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/hotels/el_dorado_royale/

Sounds to me like an ideal reason to go now before it gets too commercialized. Enjoy the islands' natural beauty whilst you still can.

2 things putting me off. The cost compared to Cape Verde is almost double. The reviews seem to say the hotel is a wedding factory and because of this the staff are not always readily available to other guests.

I have no idea about the first but whilst we were there (a fortnight) there were 3 weddings, none of which we noticed until we saw the staff taking down the decorations afterwards and we had no problem getting served at any point. In fact, we tipped one of the bar staff and he kept coming over to our swim up suite every hour or so to get us more drinks orders. I can't fault the staff.

Read about it all here -> http://www.mattbeighton.co.uk/2010/09/04/sensatori-resort-mexico-our-honeymoon/

Oh and I believe LCFCMonkey is going at some point, not sure when.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Ive settled on Cape Verde, and it's all booked.

Loved reading your blog Matt, I didnt think I was going to read any good bits at one stage :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00