Post Horn Gallop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattmeister

Forgive me if this has been done to death, but as a respite from all the managerial second guessing, I'd like to open a mini-debate on the qualities of our "Hooked on Classics" signature tune.

I'm really warming to it, even to the extent of downloading it (not in the allofmp3.com catalogue, unfortunately) and playing it loudly whilst sitting at the computer writing this post.

Also, I've found it almost impossible not to clap in unison with its beat when it's played after we've scored (not that we've had that much practice).

Anyone agree, or am I a nutter??

I agree with the last bit! When we scored I clapped to the beat, and the majority of the people around me did as well.

On saturday if they had played the theme to Laurel and Hardy everybody would have clapped to it....

IMO ...............feck the post horn gallop

webmaster said:
Playing music when we score is a crap idea, we don't need to be told to celebrate.

Jimmy Bloomfield would turn in his grave.....

Sounds way to much like the Can-Can for my liking.

haha i also have a little dance, cant actually help it

webmaster said:
Playing music when we score is a crap idea, we don't need to be told to celebrate.

couldn't agree more plus the fact I and my mates I sit with hate it. if it wanted the can-can I'd go watch moulin rouge. bring back the old post horn gallop and stop playing this crap. :mad:

IMO the new version is utter shite, can't stand it, think every copy of it should be burnt

If they want to 'encourage' the fans to cheer louder when we score they should arrange to have a team of busty topless cheerleaders run in front of the Kop flashing their threepenny bits. I guarantee the volume will increase.

Anyone else like big-ones?

I'm surprised that anyone can hear any cheering, as they play the music at a deafening level :icon_eek:

I like the start of the gallop and then it suddenly goes into the "can can" wtf is that all about?. There's generally to much waffle going on by "tannoyman" who obviously likes the sound of his own voice.

Last edited:
Chuck T Masala said:
If they want to 'encourage' the fans to cheer louder when we score they should arrange to have a team of busty topless cheerleaders run in front of the Kop flashing their threepenny bits. I guarantee the volume will increase.

Anyone else like big-ones?
:038: :038: :038:

Do men like big tits? That's a bit like the Pope/Catholic or bears/woods thing, ain't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669