Potential Dean Smith appointment

Would you be happy with Dean Smith as an appointment?

• Yes

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 42 87.5%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Vote 'no' you tossers!

You couldn't make it up,
Part 23. The Dean Smith.

Stay tuned for further 'You Couldn''t Make It Up', coming soon....

Last edited:
David Brent appointment. I actually thought I'd start watching the team again but if Dean Smith gets the job I won't bother. We have just given up haven't we.

It might be the cheaper option... but I'd prefer Rafa... but then I'd prefer a more expensive motorbike too, but I can't afford one... and the one I've got works ok most of the time.

I dunno tbh, beggars and choosers. If the club are talking to Rafa then I'm assuming it's 'cause we can afford it, and afford it if (and when) we drop. At this point in time though, I really don't fancy either's chances of keeping us up so maybe.... aw ****, I dunno. Roll the dice.

Grim. Probably marginally preferable to Marsch but fk sake he was just sacked at Championship level by Norwich ffs.

I think I’d take anyone over the chuckle brothers

Why waste money paying him to take us down? If no one else wants the job then just leave it vacant until the summer.

I've voted yes. I assume Rafa isn't an option, and we need someone instantly.

Preferable to Marsch, but a million miles behind Rafa.

If he's coming then I assume Rafa isn't an option.

not my choice either but maybe the Rafa option wasn't an option at all. Smith is cheaper to sack maybe.

not my choice either but maybe the Rafa option wasn't an option at all. Smith is cheaper to sack maybe.
How far we have fallen when we may be looking at managers based on how cheap they are to sack. We are a joke. I'm going to Coalville.

face it, we're forced to shop in poundland and the shelves are bare. It's probably the best we can do under the circumstances. Thinks, even Chelsea decided to tread water with a questionable stopgap - and they're not smelling relegation. We were not likely to be blessed with options so I guess.... I'm trying to sound, well, understanding if not exactly positive.

On the plus, it's a new voice and christ knows we need something. All a little too late (a lot too late really) but it's something.

Thinking more about it, it's a 'makes sense' appointment. Not glamorous, not ambitious, not guaranteed to work (but then, who would be that?)... but we needed someone. We surveyed the classifieds, kicked a few tyres, checked the bank balance (again) and came up with Dean Smith.

Remember christmas as a kid? You wanted pukka Puma trainers (or whataver) and ended up with Argos lookalikes. Life sucks sometimes.

Remember christmas as a kid? You wanted pukka Puma trainers (or whataver) and ended up with Argos lookalikes. Life sucks sometimes.

Aye, but in this case it's only because Dad couldn't be arsed and left his shopping until late Christmas eve and had to hope there was something left in a skip behind a shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566