Potential replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxes1970

Country Fox said:
feel one of the problems must be that we have a manager with no experience in this league trying to coach a group of players the vast majority of whom are playing their first full season of championship and in some cases english football. the blind leading the blind perhaps?

think you've hit the nail on the head there.

highland fox

Parkinson at Colchester is the best Manager outside the top 2 Divisions IMO..but we already have a Manager.

MKFox

highland fox said:
but we already have a Manager.
Not one that manages we don't...

fcukcov

MKFox said:
Not one that manages we don't...
He does manage MK....he continuely manages to not make us win....

Graz

fcukcov said:
He does manage MK....he continuely manages to not make us win....

And he manages to somehow keep his job despite taking us to our lowest position in over 15 years..

...although he might not manage that too much longer! ;)

fcukcov

as for my suggestion. I like the idea of Keegan but just cant see it. Would love to see Newell here and with Luton on the slide he may be tempted by the set up here.

Hows about a foreigner? Havent really got any names and Im not sure it is the best idea, but it would probably mean we are less likely to pay compo.

highland fox

fcukcov said:
as for my suggestion. I like the idea of Keegan but just cant see it. Would love to see Newell here and with Luton on the slide he may be tempted by the set up here.

Hows about a foreigner? Havent really got any names and Im not sure it is the best idea, but it would probably mean we are less likely to pay compo.

I think Keegan is/was a very over-rated Manager,when the going gets tough Keegan fecks off as far as I can see.:102:

fcukcov

highland fox said:
I think Keegan is/was a very over-rated Manager,when the going gets tough Keegan fecks off as far as I can see.:102:
true. Could be the short term option till say the end of the season, with an understudy taking over in the summer.

highland fox

fcukcov said:
true. Could be the short term option till say the end of the season, with an understudy taking over in the summer.

I'm not getting drawn into this Replacements Thread anymore....:icon_wink

MKFox

What about the bossy bint from Dream Team?

SilverFox

What about Phil Thompson? He was quality at Liverpool while Houllier was out of the picture.

However, I would like to see what a Levein side with a quality striker could do! Or even just someone who could head a football (with the amount of corners and free kicks we waste). Is it always the answer to deliver the boot, or having made it now to January should we wait and see who we can bring in. I don't know!:102:

I have had doubts for months, but It now seems like a waste to have waited this long if we weren't going to give the man a chance in the transfer market.

Levein out or levein in? I don't know but something has got to change and soon!

19 games left and we MUST win 8 of them for the magic 50 points! 9 wins to be certain Can we ?!?!?! The evidence so far suggests no!:frown:

On another note did everyone have a nice christmas?

highland fox

Having lived in Liverpool for 6 years and having been in City Centre Pubs when he's been in there I would say that I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of The Walkers...the man is one arrogant Cnut.

Christmas was fine SF,I trust yours was as well.

Last edited:

fcukcov

SilverFox said:
......On another note did everyone have a nice christmas?....

Yes thank you Silver. Did you? Missed ya round here.

MKFox

highland fox said:
I would say that I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of The Walkers.
Much like yourself then glory hunter....:icon_cool

SilverFox

highland fox said:
Having lived in Liverpool for 6 years and having been in City Centre Pubs when he's been in there I would say that I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of The Walkers...the man is one arrogant Cnut.

Christmas was fine SF,I trust yours was as well.

Not asking you to marry him mate:icon_wink :icon_lol:

He did do a good job at liverpool though! And for me he is what we have been missing, i.e. the type of manager who constantly cajoles, encourages, and kicks every ball from the touchline. Whether he is arrogant or not isn't vastly important. It is a charecter trait that hasn't harmed Chelski!:)

Christmas was good mate, cheers. (With the exception of the trips I made to the Walkers...they weren't so much fun:icon_lol: )

MKFox

SilverFox said:
On another note did everyone have a nice christmas?
Yes thanks SF, mistletoe and wine, children singing Christian rhyme, etc..
how was yours?

SilverFox

fcukcov said:
Yes thank you Silver. Did you? Missed ya round here.

Cheers mate. Hope you had a good un as well!!!!

I have been dreading the forums, I knew the current climate would be one of depression, but this is on another level:frown:

highland fox

MKFox said:
Much like yourself then glory hunter....:icon_cool

Stopped your trips to Kenilworth Road have you now they are in 'freefall' ?:icon_wink

SilverFox

MKFox said:
Yes thanks SF, mistletoe and wine, children singing Christian rhyme, etc..
how was yours?

I had one sober night in two weeks...so IMO it was one of the better ones:icon_lol:

highland fox

SilverFox said:
Not asking you to marry him mate:icon_wink :icon_lol:

He did do a good job at liverpool though! And for me he is what we have been missing, i.e. the type of manager who constantly cajoles, encourages, and kicks every ball from the touchline. Whether he is arrogant or not isn't vastly important. It is a charecter trait that hasn't harmed Chelski!:)

Christmas was good mate, cheers. (With the exception of the trips I made to the Walkers...they weren't so much fun:icon_lol: )

He's just Liverpool,Liverpool don't think he's too interested in managing anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669