Praise for Craig Shakespeare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

Well NP has done a amazing job so far as LCFC 6th Manager in less then 2 years and this season has been one of the better ones as far as i can remember in terms of confidence and winning mentality.

Pearson does deserve alot of credit for it but so does this man, Craig Shakespeare. He talks alot of sense and seems to always have the right frame of mind and keeps the players feet on the ground because of the experience he brings to the club and the experience he has to help NP and the team as well as the club do the job and take us forward.

:038::038::038::038::038::038:

Beware all the praise! That is assistant manager Craig Shakespeare's warning as Leicester City hold a 10-point gap at the top of the League One - and he is speaking from experience. Runaway leadership of a league table is nothing new to him.
shakespeare-fr0509.jpg

He was on the coaching staff when West Brom dominated the Championship last season on their way to the Premier League.
In the end, the gap was two from second-placed Stoke and from third-placed Hull who went up through the play-offs.
But the Baggies had looked the best team all season.

Shakespeare said: "What we had to live with last year at West Brom was that every team we played against told us: €˜You're the best footballing team we have played against. You'll go up for sure' and that brings added issues.
"That is what people are saying about us. Everybody is expecting us to get promoted and that brings added pressure within yourself if you let it.

"We have not let that get to us. What we have actually done has been to go out and do what we are capable of and, if we keep doing that, we will get there.

"When it is certain, when it is done, then we can tell them: €˜You were right.' But, until that happens, no-one can be proved right so we have to keep doing all the things that have brought us success."
A key to City's strength of character was revealed by Shakespeare in their reaction to Tuesday's goalless draw against struggling Brighton when a ninth successive home win had been on the cards.
He said: "It was surprising. The reaction just after the game was one of disappointment in the players not to have got the three points. But it was only when we took the league table into the dressing room and showed we had gone a further point clear there was a positive response to that.

"And, when they next came in for training there was a bright, breezy and positive mood about the place.
"This is a good reflection on them. They were disappointed as individuals and as a team not to have turned our superiority into a win, but they knew the importance of that league table.
"But it is not done yet. We are on a good run, but I would like that in April and May time and, until it is mathematically certain, it is all ifs and buts.
"Look at Wolves in the league above, their big lead has been cut back.

"This is not to paint doom and gloom, it is just an illustration of what can happen. The players are very focused on each game because that is what we have asked them to be rather than looking too far ahead. That is what we are about. We need to make sure the hard work is not wasted in each game."

Next up is the short trip to Northampton Town, the nearest away game for the Blue Army whose massed ranks will ensure City will be backed to the hilt. Shakespeare said: "It's a derby and it brings a good atmosphere and an enjoyment to play in front of such a crowd.
"We are always grateful for the away support.
"When we go out there in a smaller ground it can feel like a home game and it is always nice to fill the areas of your own fans."
And the hope is that these fans will eventually be celebrating the step-up City are well placed to deliver. But until then, as Shakespeare says, everyone in the City camp is keeping their eye on the ball.

Cant praise either enough for what theyve done so far, even at my most optimistic i never wouldve expected us to be 10pts clear at the end of January. Especially seeing i as i didnt think much of NP when it was announced he was manager

Still gotta get to May yet though, or March when we'll be mathematically promoted :icon_wink

It'll be interesting to see how well they do back in the Championship as well.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how well they do back in the Championship as well.

If we'll struggle next year then this season has done no good whatsoever, isn't it so

It's obvious that relegation is among the worst things that could happen to a club, but we've heard all of these new faces, dead wood out etc.

Last edited:
Wish he'd show the league table to the wankers that were booing after the game on Tuesday.

Some people don't deserve to be associated with success,

If we'll struggle next year then this season has done no good whatsoever, isn't it so

It's obvious that relegation is among the worst things that could happen to a club, but we've heard all of these new faces, dead wood out etc.

Disagree. This has been my most enjoyable season watching Leicester for years. Even if we go straight back down next season, afte watchign 5 years of pure, banal shit both on and off the pitch since Micky Adams left, its so glad to just watch youre team winning week in week out, even if its not that great for the football club, its certiantly been great for me as a fan

I think Craig Shakespeare is a parasite living off the success of our manager. Anybody as closely linked and involved in the goings on at the Walkers Stadium as me is well aware that the snivelling little pissant is being carried along by the genius that is Nigel Pearman.

He should be held down and repeatedly pumped. Leave Nigel alone, Shakespeare, he's too good for you. Crawl back into your wretched hole and slowly shrivel into a putrid husk.

It's not just Pearson and Shakespeare, Steve Walsh seems to to be a top scout, and having found players like Tunchev and Morrison, we look like having the best back room staff for many years.

I think Craig Shakespeare is a parasite living off the success of our manager. Anybody as closely linked and involved in the goings on at the Walkers Stadium as me is well aware that the snivelling little pissant is being carried along by the genius that is Nigel Pearman.

He should be held down and repeatedly pumped. Leave Nigel alone, Shakespeare, he's too good for you. Crawl back into your wretched hole and slowly shrivel into a putrid husk.
Comedy gold, FF :038: :038: :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670