Pre-contracts: will we lose players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

Firstly, my apologies if this subject has already been dealt with in another thread.

January is not only the transfer window, but it is also when pre-contract agreements can be signed. City, of course, got Kisnorbo to sign last January, and Hearts ended up letting him go early because he was injured and his future lay elsewhere.

Whilst it might work in our favour, it could also work against us. For example, isn't Joey out of contract in the summer? He could have signed ("pre-signed") for another club in two weeks' time! And who else is out of contract in the summer? They could be gone sooner than we think.

Leigh

DesertFox said:
And who else is out of contract in the summer?

Dublin, Tiatto, Wilcox, Wright and Morris are all out of contract along with Joey. And obviously Smith goes back.

alex

I predict Joey and Morris (I'm serious) will stay and the others will go....

I know CL rates Morris highly...

Yorkshire Vixen

maybe the morris deal could well depend on his latest recovery and if he actually plays any games and for a decent length of time would still be pretty mad to offer him one though

Foxes_Trust

DesertFox said:
Firstly, my apologies if this subject has already been dealt with in another thread.

January is not only the transfer window, but it is also when pre-contract agreements can be signed. City, of course, got Kisnorbo to sign last January, and Hearts ended up letting him go early because he was injured and his future lay elsewhere.

Whilst it might work in our favour, it could also work against us. For example, isn't Joey out of contract in the summer? He could have signed ("pre-signed") for another club in two weeks' time! And who else is out of contract in the summer? They could be gone sooner than we think.

Don't worry about Joey, club have a new contract in hand

Graz

Be happy when Joey has signed, but until then I'll be a little nervous... club may be offering him a new contract, but doesn't mean he'll sign it!

Rest I couldn't care less about if they left though... If Morris was signed on a pay-as-you-play deal, I wouldn't mind too much, but he shouldn't be given more than that. At most a year!
Dublin possible kept round as a coach or something if he realises it's time to hang up the boots?

Wilcox, Tiatto and Wright can definetely all clear off

Macky

Gruntled Member
Graz said:
If Morris was signed on a pay-as-you-play deal

the poor lad would starve, we'd have to organise food parcels if they did that

Willlow

Graz said:
Be happy when Joey has signed, but until then I'll be a little nervous... club may be offering him a new contract, but doesn't mean he'll sign it!

Rest I couldn't care less about if they left though... If Morris was signed on a pay-as-you-play deal, I wouldn't mind too much, but he shouldn't be given more than that. At most a year!
Dublin possible kept round as a coach or something if he realises it's time to hang up the boots?

Wilcox, Tiatto and Wright can definetely all clear off

I think that they are all but out the door anyway! Just hope somebody wants them in the window so it frees up some wages for any possible signings!

Last edited:

jb5000

won't mix Tiatto, Wilcox or Wright, it would be great if we can keep Joey though. As for Morris, I don't think we should seriously talk about keeping him or letting him go until he's fit. He's on the road by the sound of it, and if can get into the first team, which if he's as good as his transfer records say he is, he should, then I'd be quite happy for the club to keep him. At least I can't see any other club coming in for him at this stage.

jb5000

If Dublin wants to stay on in a purely coaching role, and he isn't causing trouble, that's great, but we need to realise that his playing days at this level have gone.

Bangkok Blue

Not sure if Gareth Williams isout of contract but unless he bucks his ideas uphe could be shown the exit whether his contract is up or not.

Think you can safely say Tiatti will leve also.

With the expected 1milfrom Wigan for Connolly doubt we will be forced to sell or release as many as last time.

Main issue we need to address is getting a decent strike partner for Hume.

highland fox

jb5000 said:
If Dublin wants to stay on in a purely coaching role, and he isn't causing trouble, that's great, but we need to realise that his playing days at this level have gone.

What is he going to coach ?pissing about with it in your own 5 yard box when defending,heading to nobody or over the bar,bypassing your midfield.I think we could do with an Old Head or two but not one who is only in it for themselves..IMO.Dreamtime no doubt but getting Neil Lennon back would be great.

Lako42

highland fox said:
What is he going to coach ?pissing about with it in your own 5 yard box when defending,heading to nobody or over the bar,bypassing your midfield.I think we could do with an Old Head or two but not one who is only in it for themselves..IMO.Dreamtime no doubt but getting Neil Lennon back would be great.

i think thats a bit harsh on Dublin, you make it sound like hes utter garbage when infact he was one of our best performers last season. its not just about how he plays either, as a coach you need to have a good personality which Dublin has. i think he'd do well working with the younger lot next year.

jb5000

Absolutely, it does sound like he has the players' respect, which is massively important, assuming he's actually taking coaching badges he should be fine- so long as the rumours about him fermenting anti-Levein feeling aren't true. The problem is that his legs have completely gone now, so he should stop playing- yes he did enough last season to deserve this year's contract, but the end is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669