Pre-match music V Luton

Your views on the music volume....

• 4 - maybe a bit too loud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 - I'll let you know when I get my hearing back!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesoh

I was at a fans meeting last week, and the club has received compaints the music isn't loud enough, so decided to 'crank it up' for the Luton game.

If you could let me have any views on this, especially in relation to where you sit as the music may be louder in some sections than others.

Cheers!

The music was more than loud enough in the kop - why did they play music until a second before kick-off, once again it seems they are doing everything they can to stifle what little atmosphere there is.

Ox Fox said:
The music was more than loud enough in the kop - why did they play music until a second before kick-off, once again it seems they are doing everything they can to stifle what little atmosphere there is.
'They' appreciate that the fans aren't making any noise, and in the absence of any atmosphere generated by us, they are trying to artificially create it. 'They' like what clubs like Wolves and Sheff Utd do, which is why they are playing the music right up until KO.

it's like background music in L1.

i think Hull got it all spot on before the game yesterday. good mix of music and the PA bloke did everything he could to get the crowd going. i notice that quite a few clubs have their PA bloke on the pitch now announcing the teams...

beaumontfox said:

i think Hull got it all spot on before the game yesterday. good mix of music and the PA bloke did everything he could to get the crowd going. i notice that quite a few clubs have their PA bloke on the pitch now announcing the teams...

Agree with that, excellent selection of songs, perfect volume. The little fat man got the crowd going too. We could get the Birch to do that easy.

beaumontfox said:

agree with you there :038:

beaumontfox said:

Again, I have to agree, the volume was spot on; however something tells me that our sound system won't be able to replicate a similar sound due to inferior speakers. The PA actually on the pitch works better also.

LeeH said:
'They' appreciate that the fans aren't making any noise, and in the absence of any atmosphere generated by us, they are trying to artificially create it. 'They' like what clubs like Wolves and Sheff Utd do, which is why they are playing the music right up until KO.

'They' should appreciate that there are probably an equal number of fans singing now than there was at Filbo, it's just that they are spread out more because 'they' did everything possible from the word go to avoid having an intimidating atmosphere. You can't have it both ways, a nice family atmosphere and a crowd which will help gain the right results won't happen. Play as much music at whatever volume it won't change anything.

Bobby Smith said:
'They' should appreciate that there are probably an equal number of fans singing now than there was at Filbo, it's just that they are spread out more because 'they' did everything possible from the word go to avoid having an intimidating atmosphere. You can't have it both ways, a nice family atmosphere and a crowd which will help gain the right results won't happen. Play as much music at whatever volume it won't change anything.
I have heard it said that at times 'they' wished they hadn't moved, but it wasn't their decision to make.

I miss Filbert Street..... :cry:

From the OS:

Leicester City Football Club are canvassing their supporters following the trial of two pre-match music packages at the Walkers Stadium.

After lengthy consultation with fans the club trialed each playlist ahead of games against Stoke City and Luton Town.

And the Foxes are now seeking the opinions of their supporters as they look to improve their current pre-match music policy.

The first package, which was previewed ahead of the Stoke game, included Henry performing his rendition of the Post Horn Gallop at 7:30pm followed by 'Elevation' by U2, 'Sandstorm' by Da Rude and 'Carnival de Paris'. A recorded version of the PHG was then played as the players entered the pitch. A clip from 'Carnival de Paris' was played after each home goal scored.

The second package, which was trialed ahead of the Luton game, included Henry performing his rendition of the 'Post Horn Gallop' at 2:45pm followed by 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl?' by Jet, 'LSF' by Kasabian (pictured), 'Meaning of Soul' by Oasis and 'Club Foot' by Kasabian. A recorded version of the PHG was then played as the players entered the pitch before 'Come With Me' by Puff Daddy featuring Jimmy Page was aired up until kick off. A clip from 'Club Foot' would have been played had the home side scored.

What did you think? Which package did you prefer? Email [email protected] or call the Supporter Hotline on 0116 229 4555 with your thoughts within the next seven days

I'd go for the Stoke one, because we won that game ;)

LeeH said:
I have heard it said that at times 'they' wished they hadn't moved, but it wasn't their decision to make.

I miss Filbert Street..... :cry:

I think more and more people are begining to think that, I thought the Walkers was great for the first season but once the novelty wore off I realised that we had lost more than we had gained. Can't believe what Arsenal will be losing.

No looking back I suppose, the current board didn't build the stadium but they need to make the most of a bad design. If they want an increase in volume from the fans then a non-concesions area i.e The Kop would be a start.

Another issue is moving the Kop to the family stand end, we know the clubs answer on this one "On police advice etc....". If they are serious about the atmosphere problem they will dictate to the police on this, who pays for them?

It would be cynical of me to think that asking the Trust and discussing at fans forums what to play and at what volume is a distraction from the tougher issues that need addressing.

I agree that introducing each stand at the hull guy by the fat guy seemed to get the atmosphere going but it soon petered out in most areas with just the stand to our left continuing the singing and that bloody "easy" chant.

Dont think playing music up until kick off is the answer. It seemed to throw the ref off his kilter a bit.

Im still a firm believer that the move to the walkers was the best thing for the club as we would have no doubt been in money trouble just as much if we hadnt moved as we were after we moved. Also IMO the atmosphere will come with performances. Its a sad fact but Im sure most clubs suffer from this. The Hull home fans werent that loud apart from one section near us and when they scored etc.

I also agree with the theory that we are all much more spread out now and unless we fill the stadium it is always going to feel a little quiet compared to the size of the stadium.

How about actually getting Kasabian and some lesser known bands to play on the pitch before the game/half time? Dunno about the logistics of this but its another idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669