Prediction League 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed week 4 tables? Cannot find them anywhere. The last match finished nearly 10 hours ago.........

You haven't missed anything - they're not there yet. The verification process showed that there had been a problem in Week 2 and that was sorted out yesterday. I'm going to verify Week 3 today and then will move on to Week 4.

Can I still join?

I was in last season but as made redundant not able to get on as often

Of course you can still join. Just send in your predictions for the next round of matches after Nottingahm Fox opens the thread. You will be in League Y for the first season.

If you are sticking our predictions into Excel, is it possible afterwards to tell us the average score predicted for the Leicester games, e.g. City 2.7 QPR 1.9 ?

If you are sticking our predictions into Excel, is it possible afterwards to tell us the average score predicted for the Leicester games, e.g. City 2.7 QPR 1.9 ?

Whilst it's possible to do anything with numbers, I'm not sure what benefit would flow from the knowledge of this fairly meaningless statistic.

Something that I have noticed though - and this is based only on my fleeting observations during the four (only) weeks that I have been helping to run the competition, rather than through any scientific analysis - is that when it comes to predicting the fortunes of our own club, we are either morbid pessimists or over-enthusiastic optimists. On first sight it seems that this leads our success rate on predicting City's results to be poorer than it is in relation to other teams. In other words, we seem to know least well that which we are most familiar with.

Perhaps if I have a bit of time I will actually produce some numbers on this.

Thanks Boc. What you are saying is our average is always going to be a draw!

Maybe the 'Premier' League should have two criteria, top in X,Y or Z and got at least one City score right!

Whilst it's possible to do anything with numbers, I'm not sure what benefit would flow from the knowledge of this fairly meaningless statistic.

Something that I have noticed though - and this is based only on my fleeting observations during the four (only) weeks that I have been helping to run the competition, rather than through any scientific analysis - is that when it comes to predicting the fortunes of our own club, we are either morbid pessimists or over-enthusiastic optimists. On first sight it seems that this leads our success rate on predicting City's results to be poorer than it is in relation to other teams. In other words, we seem to know least well that which we are most familiar with.

Perhaps if I have a bit of time I will actually produce some numbers on this.
Last week was the first time I think I've ever predicted us to lose. Normally I can't bring myself to do it. That sort of blind loyalty/stupidity must skew the results considerably.

Where the results from the predictions from last night crocadillo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669