Prediction League 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
First question to ask, I think, is 'will it happen?' If yes, there are likely to be subtle changes in rules and format from last season. I've rewritten all the spreadsheets used to run the thing so it'll be even smoother than last season :icon_cool

So who's in, and who's out? Presumed drop-outs from last season as it stands are:

Blaby blue blood, SJN, Bobbins, Joe_Fox, Xowie, glyn, beaumontfox, Dunmow Jr, DesertFox, bocadillo

If I've missed you out (or indeed included you) on this list in error, please let me know. You'll receive a PM from me anyway.

Finally, any prospective new entrants please shout up in this thread. Ta.

Can you let me know the rules, scoring etc so that I can decide if it's for me? I don't want to join and drop out like last season.

Can you let me know the rules, scoring etc so that I can decide if it's for me? I don't want to join and drop out like last season.
Yes. I'm working on the assumption currently that the other Prediction Competition will survive into the new season (I'm sure Jeff will correct me if that's not the case) so I imagine it will be a similar format. There will however be rule tweaks. I noticed last season a lot of points were scored by people jabbing a pin in a fixture list (or some similar method), and though that didn't appear to affect the outcome of the league too much I feel it did skew a few results.

Things under consideration include: limiting the scope for picks, but not so much that everyone will be picking the same teams; altering the scoring system so that those picking certain clubs aren't at too big a disadvantage; and incorporating some elements of Boc's old system into the new one.

Some, all or none of these will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

In reference to the PMs I sent out yesterday: I've had enough replies to confirm that the Prediction League will continue this season.

First question to ask, I think, is 'will it happen?' If yes, there are likely to be subtle changes in rules and format from last season. I've rewritten all the spreadsheets used to run the thing so it'll be even smoother than last season :icon_cool

So who's in, and who's out? Presumed drop-outs from last season as it stands are:

Blaby blue blood, SJN, Bobbins, Joe_Fox, Xowie, glyn, beaumontfox, Dunmow Jr, DesertFox, bocadillo

If I've missed you out (or indeed included you) on this list in error, please let me know. You'll receive a PM from me anyway.

Finally, any prospective new entrants please shout up in this thread. Ta.

Any plans for a start date BM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670