Prediction League - Match day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Maniac beats Dunmow Jr 69-50, with 61 points coming from Atherstone Town's draw with Redditch United.
BN wouldn't approve! Perhaps some sort of bonus points arrangement with x points for each correct prediction for next season? And extra bonus points if all go in (Yatzee!). Or something....

BN wouldn't approve! Perhaps some sort of bonus points arrangement with x points for each correct prediction for next season? And extra bonus points if all go in (Yatzee!). Or something....
Possibly. As per my post in the rules & format thread earlier, PM me any suggestions and they'll be discussed in May :thumbs_up

So I could have picked 10 winners against BM and lost to one draw from a pub team match. My point proved! Utterly bonkers that this can happen. And for a draw. A draw!

So I could have picked 10 winners against BM and lost to one draw from a pub team match. My point proved! Utterly bonkers that this can happen. And for a draw. A draw!

All competitions have their rules.

All competitions have their rules.
The organiser of this particular competition has publicly invited suggestions for rule changes on more than one occasion, most recently yesterday. So far there have been one and a half serious suggestions, and only then for minor tweaks, so the format must be somewhat popular. I understand BN's objections but the experiment seems to be going quite well. Also, with the existence of the automated prediction competition, there's no room for me to run an almost identical game within the forum.

In relation to my fixture this week, if my opponent hadn't gone with so many 'safe' picks - ie teams who 'should' be winning their games - he might have beaten me.

The organiser of this particular competition has publicly invited suggestions for rule changes on more than one occasion, most recently yesterday. So far there have been one and a half serious suggestions, and only then for minor tweaks, so the format must be somewhat popular. I understand BN's objections but the experiment seems to be going quite well. Also, with the existence of the automated prediction competition, there's no room for me to run an almost identical game within the forum.

In relation to my fixture this week, if my opponent hadn't gone with so many 'safe' picks - ie teams who 'should' be winning their games - he might have beaten me.

Maybe just split the leagues based on those who want to predict Championship/Premier games and those that want to fanny about with lower leagues and the rest of the world?

Maybe just split the leagues based on those who want to predict Championship/Premier games and those that want to fanny about with lower leagues and the rest of the world?

I agree with this suggestion.

TBH, the only reason I pick a few different leagues is to try and piss BM off by giving him extra work :icon_lol:

Yeah!! Bring back Boc's Prediction League - with Brown Nose running it. I'm sure you'll find the time, BN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00