Prediction League - WEEK THREE tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
What an awful, awful week!! My football club is in a state of turmoil and I forget to record my own predictions for the first 10 of this week's fixtures. But never mind, I submitted them in plenty of time for the two Wednesday night games and the 1 point I got from them was more than Brown Nose got for the whole week. Oh dear!!

Willlow had something to say about the Prediction League's policy of offering double points for one week to encourage new players and to encourage old players to predict again. The whole of the Chumps League will probably have a lot more to say about it this week when they see the barrowload that lcfc lad brought home this week; doubling it up has taken him to the top of the division, so i'm expecting a bulging mailbag!! Top Chumps score of the week - and it got doubled. Oh dear, oh dear!!

But Willlow probably had the best way of dealing with it, reeling off a magnificent set of predictions in which he got only two games completely wrong - his 34 points has taken him well clear at the top of the Prem. It will be a long time before he has to worry about any Chumps League upstarts catching him up!

Top scorer in the Fizzy with 23 is the star of the week's quarter final replay, Alex. But even that score wasn't enough to get him past swede shepshed and Polar Bear, whose steady 14 point returns keep them in the division's top two spots.

rrrrprem3.JPG rrrrfizzy3.JPG rrrrchumps3.JPG

I've recently received a bit of mail asking me if I can extract different kinds of stats out of the results. People seem to wonder how we do on predicting what City do, as opposed to other clubs. I've had a bit of time so I've drawn this out.

This is how we did this week - as a percentage of the total points available on each fixture:

Our best performance (Sheffield United v Coventry): 47%
Our average performance over the twelve games: 21%
Our performance on the Southampton v Leicester City fixture: 17%
Our worst performance (Barnsley v Ipswich): 5%

On the basis of this week alone it looks as though we make our worst predictions, unsurprisingly perhaps, on unexpected results; know most about the chances of that lot at the other end of the M69; and that the tint in our glasses means that we are below average in our opinions of the chances of those that we should know the best.

Last edited:
Top of the league, get in.

The only problem is I am predicting the worst case scenario from a Leicester point of view for each game. So it means the more points I get the worse situation Leicester find themselves in. :(

i'm slowly moving back up the table after that shocking start.

The 22 points that both you and the frog scored were in your division beaten only by the runaway leader.

"I'm shit, and I know I am,
I'm shit, and I know I am......."

I submitted them in plenty of time for the two Wednesday night games and the 1 point I got from them was more than Brown Nose got for the whole week. Oh dear!!

Are you sure I got none? That's not really possible is it.

Either I really don't have a clue or the Championship is plain silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670