Predictions vs Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Come on people, let's get in the mood! 23 hours 11 minutes left til kick off! ;)

Levein Previews Blades Test

City boss Craig Levein will be hoping that his troops don't fall at the first when they take on Sheffield United at Bramall Lane on Saturday (12:45).

The Foxes have endured a demanding pre-season programme in a bid to be at the peak of fitness for the first match of the season against their Championship rivals.

And Levein says things must be right from the off if his side are to succeed.

He said: "The season is like the Grand National - with four and a half miles around Aintree equating to 46 games.

"It is important that we get things right from the start. Our discipline needs to be right and hopefully we can keep pretty much injury free."

Saturday's opponents have Premiership aspirations of their own, and Levein knows that in the Blades his side have been dealt a difficult opener.

He added: "It will be a pretty tough opening fixture. It is always difficult playing away from home in this division and Sheffield United have been round about the play offs for the last four or five years. I would expect them to be strong again this year.

"We have watched Sheffield United a few times and we know most of their players, even the ones that Neil (Warnock) has brought in over the summer. We know a lot about them so it is not as if there are any major surprises there.

"Our final training session is on Friday and that will be dedicated to how Sheffield United are going to play and what we are going to try and do to counter that. We will also, of course, look into how we are going to play.

"I have read that this is the happiest that Neil has been with any of the squads, so obviously he feels that he has got a good chance of being involved in the promotion race. It will be a good test.

"The league was tight last season but I think it is going to be even tighter this year. There are seven or eight teams who have every chance of being involved in the promotion race. It is competitive and there isn't a lot between the teams."

City go into the game without Stephen Hughes, Partick Kisnorbo and Lee Morris through injury, while Danny Tiatto misses the game through suspension.

Meanwhile, recent Blades signing Craig Short is currently serving a ban carried over from a sending off while with Blackburn last season.

Lilian Nalis will be hoping to line up for United against his former side in midfield after signing a two-year contract during the summer.

The Foxes will be wearing their blue home shirt for the match, with white shorts and white socks.

So how much are we gonna win by? ;)

I'm going for a 2-2 draw. Connolly and Williams to score for us. Nalis and some wanker Warnock player for them ;)

S'funny I was going for 2-2....

May as well stick with it..

De Vries (!) and Williams to shut Warnock up a bit.

2-0 to City
De Vries and Connolly.

It will be a tough game for sure, but our defence looks solid and i think Sylla will be the spark for our attacking play.

3-1

Connolly - Which Warnock will blame on the linesman for not giving it off side
Wilcox - Which Warnock will say he handballed to control and the 30 yard shot was hit with his eyes closed, and altho Paddy Kenny will let it slide under him, it will be because DeVries was making him laugh to much
Hammond to come off the bench and score a dazzling solo effort which Warnock will blame on the ref for getting in the way of the back four.

Their goal will be blatantly offside which Warnock will insist he didnt see.

;) :icon_lol:

Blaby blue blood said:
3-1

Connolly - Which Warnock will blame on the linesman for not giving it off side
Wilcox - Which Warnock will say he handballed to control and the 30 yard shot was hit with his eyes closed, and altho Paddy Kenny will let it slide under him, it will be because DeVries was making him laugh to much
Hammond to come off the bench and score a dazzling solo effort which Warnock will blame on the ref for getting in the way of the back four.

Their goal will be blatantly offside which Warnock will insist he didnt see.

;) :icon_lol:

:lol:

Love it

I'm going for a pulsating, enthralling, stupendous, awe-inspiring, breathtaking, eye-popping, intoxicating, electric, exhilarant, thrilling 0-0 bore draw.

:icon_lol:

Only kidding, it'll end 3-2, not sure who to though, I'll go for LCFC 3 - 2 Sheff Utd.

We rarely do well there.

We have limited fire-power.

They won't find it easy to score goals against us.

So narrow home win - 1-0

(plus a small reality check for some of the more naive members of this forum)

2-1 to sheff utd

poor finishing & a late cruel goal

might pop down the bookies...

Darth Vodka said:
2-1 to sheff utd

poor finishing & a late cruel goal

So that's what CL meant when he said that they will be talking at his final training session about our tactics - same as the last two seasons then.

Only joking!

I reckon leics will play well but ultimately a draw looks likely. Ill go 1-1.

A stroll in the park for City as they blunt the blades with their new look, high energy, ballontheground football.
Wassock wa#kers 1 Craig Leviathans blue & white army 3.
Let battle commence..:icon_evil ..

Easy. 0 - 2 Wilcox, de Vries. ;)

I'm going for 2:1. Nalis too score first before half-time. MDV double in 2nd half too claw it back. 2nd of his goals in injury time. Either that or 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669