Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, another club that could now be classed as a competitor to league position next season given the destruction caused this summer.

Although it fills me with sadness that the players there do not have the mentality to stay and help the club to the next level, which surely was obtainable.

Shame

Although it fills me with sadness that the players there do not have the mentality to stay and help the club to the next level, which surely was obtainable.

Shame

Understandable given the manager moving on and the reported instability at board level.

Plus why stay and *hopefully* make the step up, when you can move straight to somewhere like Liverpool, playing for a bigger club, in Europe, and for more money.

Good, another club that could now be classed as a competitor to league position next season given the destruction caused this summer.

Shame

The club currently has the stink of us in 2001. Something potentially terrific being destroyed. For our sake, I hope they make an exceptionally stupid managerial appointment and proceed to lose their first game of the season 0-5.

Understandable given the manager moving on and the reported instability at board level.

Plus why stay and *hopefully* make the step up, when you can move straight to somewhere like Liverpool, playing for a bigger club, in Europe, and for more money.

I agree

But what hope does it really offer to any similar sized club such as ourselves? Get to that level and then more than likely nose dive because the manager and players all **** off to sit on the bench at Liverpool.

I agree

But what hope does it really offer to any similar sized club such as ourselves? Get to that level and then more than likely nose dive because the manager and players all **** off to sit on the bench at Liverpool.

What annoys me is that managers moan about lack of job stability and then move at the first chance. Loyalty has to work both ways and, at the minute, it doesn't work either way.

What annoys me is that managers moan about lack of job stability and then move at the first chance. Loyalty has to work both ways and, at the minute, it doesn't work either way.
Loyalty is an almost worthless trait when it comes to employer-employee relations. It has no place in football or any other business.

Loyalty is an almost worthless trait when it comes to employer-employee relations. It has no place in football or any other business.

Then they need to keep shut about it, especially the tarts at the LMA.

I agree

They're yet to nosedive, but I get your point.

It depends what your/our expectations are. I'd say that our 'best-case' scenario for the next 5 years is establishing ourselves in the EPL and the odd cup run. If that happens, we're bound to lose some of our better players (Schmeichel, etc), but that would still be progress and it offers me hope.

Agreed, all but the very best teams will lose their very best players (Spurs and Bale, Aresnal and van Persie, Man Utd and Ronaldo spring to mind). So long as we can take the inevitable losses in our stride there's no reason we can't find ourselves in a position in five years' time of losing a better standard of player to a bigger standard of club.

I agree

Erm...footballers have short careers. They'd only get upwards of £5m take home pay if they stay at a club like Southampton, would you be happy with that knowing you're one leg break away from Celeb Come Dine With Me?

Pepe Mel no longer the WBA coach, left by mutual consent.

and the new manager is
Abion are delighted to announce that Alan Irvine will be appointed as their new Head Coach. The 55-year-old has agreed a 12-month rolling contract and will complete his move to The Hawthorns once he has officially signed off from his current role as Everton’s academy manager. He will bring with him Rob Kelly to work as Joint-Assistant Head Coach alongside Keith Downing, whilst Dean Kiely will remain as Goalkeeping Coach

Last edited:
What an awful appointment. If I were a WBA fan I'd be seriously pissed off with that. Bankers for relegation IMO.

I've just been on one of their forums. I'd post a link to a thread slating the appointment, but there are so many of them, it's hard to pick which thread to link to.

Fan-fecking-tastic!!!!

That's another team that are intent on getting relegated ASAP. Well played Albion.

Certainly a boost for ourselves.

Unbelievable appointment

How do we feel about the Koemans?

Unfortunately, he's not bad enough to screw them up completely so it's a poor appointment for us. His record in management is far from great though and his record in management outside Holland is very mediocre.

I'd be amazed if (a) he lasts three years there, and (b) he doesn't preside over a slow deterioration.

So, in summary, relegation fodder in 2015/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566