Premier League 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The drawn out will he/won't he Man U manager saga is almost as dull as watching LVG's team play.

Real shame this

LVG was brilliant for them because he presided over an era of shit. Fortunately, I am convinced that Mourinho will prove to be even worse. There no great potential in their squad, there's a fragile sense of cohesion and the egos will rub against Jose's.

So go on, spend a mint. It'll just make the failure even funnier.

I've long held the theory that Mourinho deliberately got himself sacked from Chelsea in order to place himself right for the Man Utd job.

I think he's always wanted the United job but wasn't considered when he was free and the job was too in 2013. His face didn't fit then so he ended up going back to Chelsea.

I think this time last year he realised that his only chance to manage them was to extricate himself from Chelsea in such a way as to detach his association with them and make him a realistic prospect elsewhere.

I think he had the United job months ago but it was deemed sensible to wait until the summer to ditch LVG and make the change. The nonsense about delays over image rights and such things are just designed to make it appear like they're actually negotiating. I think it was done ages ago.

I also think that he'll do amazing things at United and make the obsession with over-regarded coaches like Guardiola, Klopp and Conte look foolish.

I've long held the theory that Mourinho deliberately got himself sacked from Chelsea in order to place himself right for the Man Utd job.

I think he's always wanted the United job but wasn't considered when he was free and the job was too in 2013. His face didn't fit then so he ended up going back to Chelsea.

I think this time last year he realised that his only chance to manage them was to extricate himself from Chelsea in such a way as to detach his association with them and make him a realistic prospect elsewhere.

I think he had the United job months ago but it was deemed sensible to wait until the summer to ditch LVG and make the change. The nonsense about delays over image rights and such things are just designed to make it appear like they're actually negotiating. I think it was done ages ago.

I also think that he'll do amazing things at United and make the obsession with over-regarded coaches like Guardiola, Klopp and Conte look foolish.

So you think he manufactured the situation with his female 'doctor' in order to alienate himself from most of Chelsea?

His demise began around that time and I think the moment he attacked her professionally he lost 'Chelsea'.

So you think he manufactured the situation with his female 'doctor' in order to alienate himself from most of Chelsea?

His demise began around that time and I think the moment he attacked her professionally he lost 'Chelsea'.

He absolutely manufactured that whole incident. He's an exceptionally smart man.

Not that smart that he doesn't own his own image rights and even his own name.
Perhaps he could do a Prince, the manager previously known as Mourinho

Rafa staying on at Newcastle is a bit of a surprise.
If they get rid of the players that haven't got the bottle for a season in the Championship and bring in some good quality Championship players then I can see them more likely doing a Burnley rather than be the next Leeds.

Last edited:
Not that smart that he doesn't own his own image rights and even his own name. Perhaps he could do a Prince, the manager previously known as Mourinho

It's horseshit designed to make it look like they haven't had a deal agreed since January. Did you not see something odd about the fact that all news outlets from Sky to the BBC were reporting his appointment within minutes of the final whistle on Saturday?

Rafa staying on at Newcastle is a bit of a surprise.
If they get rid of the players that haven't got the bottle for a season in the Championship and bring in some good quality Championship players then I can see them more likely doing a Burnley rather than be the next Leeds.

Very impressive from Rafa. A manager with some class.

It's not horseshit though is it, they do own the naming rights.

If he is such a smart fellow then I would have expected him to come up with a better escape strategy than verbally attacking one of the few women in professional football, an exceptionally stupid thing to do considering the potential backlash.

Laughable.

Mourinho is above all else obsessed with winning and arrogant to boot.

No way would he have 'wanted' to fail as badly as he did at Chelsea this season.

I think it could go either way for Mourinho at Utd. I certainly don't see him and Rooney having a rosy relationship in 6 months time, nor do I think he'll help Rashford, Lingard, etc continue to develop.

They need wholesale changes, but he'll probably be given the money to do that and make some big name/big money signings.

Sounds like Zlatan could be on his way there which would be very interesting - but as good as Zlatan is, they're going to need someone that can provide him with some service. And they'll need to play a different way than they ended the season in relative form with, because then they were flying forward with pace from Rashford, Martial, Lingard, etc.

But, he wins titles everywhere he goes. He failed miserably at Chelsea this year and it will be interesting to see where he goes from that - he's someone I don't think would ever change his footballing philosophy, so I don't see him bringing the exciting, attacking football Man Utd fans think they deserve just because he's in charge at Man Utd. But, he knows how to win games and if they're winning then I think Man Utd fans will be happy regardless of how they play.

It will either be a disaster or a huge success - I don't think there's much in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566