Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the manure highlights. I was critical of the press saying Maguire is great at organising and communicating as one of his great qualities. In the lead up to the goal they concede he's clearly telling the midget next to him which player is about to score. I take it back.

I've been really impressed with VAR but there was a total feck up in the Villa game. A clear and obvious refereeing error but VAR chose not to overturn. Bizarre.

Also, the Newcastle goal should have been disallowed. It was identical to the ones Wolves and Man City had. To ignore that makes a mockery of the rule change.

Two really stupid errors.

I've been really impressed with VAR but there was a total feck up in the Villa game. A clear and obvious refereeing error but VAR chose not to overturn. Bizarre.
The ref blew his whistle so I’m not convinced VAR could overrule?

The ref blew his whistle so I’m not convinced VAR could overrule?

Yes, that seems to be the case. There was a lot of fuss on MotD about hearing the whistle before the goal went in. However, the evidence that the whistle was actually blown was inconclusive.

If it's the case that the referee blew just as the goal was being scored, then it's a diabolical piece of referrering. It's almost beyond belief that a ref could be that dumb and basically disallow VAR from assisting him.

If it's the case that the referee blew just as the goal was being scored, then it's a diabolical piece of referrering. It's almost beyond belief that a ref could be that dumb and basically disallow VAR from assisting him.
Completely agree. It was a horrible piece of refereeing. It was almost as if he forgot VAR was there or that he is arrogant enough to think he doesn’t need to use it.

The VAR ****up from yesterday was the Newcastle goal. Inexcusable that got past it. I’d be livid as a Norwich fan. VAR exists for this very reason.

The Villa game was an astonishing piece of refereeing. One of the most incompetent things I’ve ever seen.

And then there were three.

Wolves lose so only Liverpool, Manchester City and one other team remain undefeated!

Vardy and Barnes both in the goal of the month contest on MOTD.

If Vardy’s doesn’t win, I’ll be astonished. It must do, surely?

Funny to see Mane getting so irritated by Salah not passing him the ball. I know how he feels, I went home crying once from a kickaround on the local field because my brother’s mates weren’t passing to me. Think I was 7.

Didn’t some moan when the window didn’t close until several weeks into the season?
Yep. As was pointed out at the time, it was a pretty useless move unless other leagues followed, which they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566