Premier League 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can mock for this sort of stuff - but xG is an interesting stat because basically what that’s telling you is that Burnley were wasteful with their chances and Chelsea scored from areas you wouldn’t expect.
Watch the highlights and that’s exactly what it was. It’s a much better reflection on the game than shots or possession, that’s for certain.
I watched the game and thought Chelsea thoroughly deserved the victory. Not just on balance of play, but on quality of chances too. I like stats, but that one isn’t a reflection of the game I watched.

Truly extraordinary how much Spuds are moaning and whingeing and cheating their way through this game

A sure sign of a team in complete desperation

Thought I'd watch this as the match highlights suggested it'd be a good one. Couldn't concentrate as it looks like the bloke on the right is close to getting spooned. Proper lolz at Xhaka tho. #Wengerout

That’s ridiculous, watch it again with your glasses on man.

It's an era thing. The modern interpretation is 'was there contact?' there was,so it's a penalty. Back in the day the interpretation was 'was there sufficient contact to bring the player down?' That touch wouldn't have brought my 2 year old granddaughter to the ground, so 20 years ago it's not a penalty. Just one of the ways the game has changed. Great news for cheating,diving, ref conning little ****holes like Mane, great for increasing the amount of goals scored. Bad news for everything else.

Arsenal are so ****ing tinpot

Terrible VAR decision though to be fair to them - 3rd goal should have definitely stood.

VAR has made me appreciate refs more.

I think the problem is that so much is subjective in football.

I don't think that it was a penalty for Liverpool but I do think that the decision to disallow Arsenal's third goal was right. Someone else will perfectly rationally think the complete opposite, as demonstrated above.

I can justify my viewpoint and someone else can justify theirs.

There is no right answer. It depends what you consider a foul to be. Therein lies the problem with VAR.

VAR has made me appreciate refs more.

I think the problem is that so much is subjective in football.

I don't think that it was a penalty for Liverpool but I do think that the decision to disallow Arsenal's third goal was right. Someone else will perfectly rationally think the complete opposite, as demonstrated above.

I can justify my viewpoint and someone else can justify theirs.

There is no right answer. It depends what you consider a foul to be. Therein lies the problem with VAR.
Absolutely. Hence why it should only be used for clear and obvious errors. This is what we were told it would be used for when it came in, but this is clearly not the case.

The promotion of that nonsense terminology of 'clear and obvious' hasn't helped. My solution to using VAR:

1. Determine what offside is
2. Determine what a handball is
3. Determine what a foul is
4. Determine what is required to give a penalty
5. Determine what is required to overturn a decision

Then it'll work like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492