Premier League 23/24

Everton one up - SheffU defending the corner like an under 8s team

Only seven players on the Everton bench, and two of them are goalkeepers.
I’ve been thinking they’d finish 17th as per…but they might actually be ****ed this time. I thought Wolves were in even more trouble. Some desperately poor sides down there this season.

Luton, Everton, Sheffield United?

Awoniyi's scoring run comes to an end today, but they did beat Chelsea @ Stamford Bridge.

Awoniyi's scoring run comes to an end today, but they did beat Chelsea @ Stamford Bridge.

Aye, heard it was Pussy Malanga who scored or something. I had a good chuckle at the score. Another billion in Jan on bang average players and chelsea might get top half.

Aye, heard it was Pussy Malanga who scored or something. I had a good chuckle at the score. Another billion in Jan on bang average players and chelsea might get top half.
Probably only half a billion for a January window to be fair.

Boehly gives me the impression of being one of those blokes who thinks he knows everything about everything just because he's been successful at something.

Mind you, there's a lot of that about with rich blokes I suppose. Particularly Americans. Pretty much all of them seem to be like that. Probably thinks he doesn't really need a manager & would prefer to take training himself if he was allowed.

Since their owners took over Chelsea have spent over 1.1 billion…. amortisation Is cheating. It just ****ing is.
It's not, its standard accounting practice for any business.

What it is though is completely ****ing Chelsea for years to come unless they become extremely successful, which doesn't look likely to happen.

With the amortisation, they've essentially pre-spent transfer budgets for the next 7 years and unless the increase revenues massively, there is a good chance they will fail FFP in the not too distant future.

They're basically relying on winning the Champions League and/or selling some of these recent signings for increased fees to Saudi - there are lots of rumours of Saudis actually funding a lot of Chelsea at the moment and Bohley is a face for it so the transfers could happen, but if Chelsea continue to be shit, there is no way they can sell them for more than they bought them for, without it being an obvious 'scam'.

In my view it is. It’s certainly against the spirit of the rules. They haven’t recently earned 1.1 billion. If the intention was to preserve the game and stop clubs from accumulating massive debts then allowing this is a joke.

In my business I might from time to time amortise the cost of a project to spread its cost, but I never let the cost exceed the income and what I have in the bank. It’s just a tool so you don’t take the expenditure hit all at once.

Chelsea come from a starting place of making around a quarter of a billion loss every year. The cost they are spreading can never hope to be paid so let’s just call it what it is. A way for them to ignore FFP. When the wheels fall off they should do to Chelsea what they did to Luton (at the very least).

Probably only half a billion for a January window to be fair.

Boehly gives me the impression of being one of those blokes who thinks he knows everything about everything just because he's been successful at something.

Mind you, there's a lot of that about with rich blokes I suppose. Particularly Americans. Pretty much all of them seem to be like that. Probably thinks he doesn't really need a manager & would prefer to take training himself if he was allowed.

Absolutely what I've heard from people who have had dealings with him/Chelsea since he took over.

All this spending and they don't even have a shirt sponsor...

No way it doesn't end in very drastic tears for Chelsea, IMO.

Absolutely what I've heard from people who have had dealings with him/Chelsea since he took over.

All this spending and they don't even have a shirt sponsor...

No way it doesn't end in very drastic tears for Chelsea, IMO.
Which would be a terrible shame for such a lovely, warm, fluffy, admired & respected by fans all over the country, wonderful old club now wouldn't it ?

Nah. **** em. Horrible scum.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00
9Luton Town00