Premier League 23/24

As dogshit as it is I'd rather have us in the top division than titting about in the chamiponship, playing far too many games in a season, mostly against shite.

Obviously we won't win the thing again, but we knew that even before we won it last time.
However, going forward if 5 teams are going to get into the CL we could have that adventure again some day.

& if Mourinho's **** awful Man U side could win a Europa League, why not us ?

In my 60th year I find myself in the frankly ridiculous position of having seen my team win all 3 domestic trophies. I spent the first half of those years thinking I'd never see even 1 & that play-off wins & 2nd tier titles would be the highlight of my supporting life.

But now, amazingly, a european trophy is all thats missing. I'd like to see that before I shuffle off to the great Pen 3 in the sky.

As dogshit as it is I'd rather have us in the top division than titting about in the chamiponship, playing far too many games in a season, mostly against shite.

Obviously we won't win the thing again, but we knew that even before we won it last time.
However, going forward if 5 teams are going to get into the CL we could have that adventure again some day.

& if Mourinho's **** awful Man U side could win a Europa League, why not us ?

In my 60th year I find myself in the frankly ridiculous position of having seen my team win all 3 domestic trophies. I spent the first half of those years thinking I'd never see even 1 & that play-off wins & 2nd tier titles would be the highlight of my supporting life.

But now, amazingly, a european trophy is all thats missing. I'd like to see that before I shuffle off to the great Pen 3 in the sky.

I suppose you're right may as well be in the top league even if we are very much also rans. I just can't stand how shit it all is. Football has become a shit drug of sorts. The highs will never be as high and yet we'll all keep snorting at it regardless in the hope of occasionally having a good 'un. Guess that's age for you.

Is that all standing? **** being on your feet for eternity.
I'm creating my own personal football heaven. In that heaven I'm perpetually 22 years old. So standing behind the goal wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Neither would the unbridled mosh pit after we score. Happy days.

I couldn't find a thread for the EFL/Carabao/League Cup so I thought I'd just put it down here that I enjoyed a nice afternoon watching the " I'm going to be a loser forever aren't I ? " look on Pochettino's face. Again.

I know it's Liverpool & that my views on that nest of feral filth is well known on here, but watching poor old Poch facing the reality of his existence was still funny.

Adding to the joy of it:

They lost to a load of u23 players
Chilwell was the Chelsea captain, so the little **** would have lifted the cup had they won

Adding to the joy of it:

They lost to a load of u23 players
Chilwell was the Chelsea captain, so the little **** would have lifted the cup had they won
Yep. That was the best part.

No Salah, No Nunez, No Jota, No Trent, No...err...that Hungarian bloke whose name sounds like Bill & Ben having a chat, & still they lose. Excellent stuff.

Only down side was watching Lee Clark's kid come on as a sub for the Scousers. Reminded me that I watched his old man play for Newcastle when he was the same age. ****ing hell.

How is Vincent Kompany still in a job?

I watched Burnley earlier and they were appalling. Trying to play tappy tappy football with second rate players. Bournemouth were poor but picked them off with ease. They just watched Burnley mess about for ages and then got the ball and scored.

Five points from fourteen games at home this season. I simply do not understand what the hell goes on in some of these owners heads. As if this guy just needs more time? Feck me.

I watched Burnley earlier and they were appalling. Trying to play tappy tappy football with second rate players. Bournemouth were poor but picked them off with ease. They just watched Burnley mess about for ages and then got the ball and scored.

Five points from fourteen games at home this season. I simply do not understand what the hell goes on in some of these owners heads. As if this guy just needs more time? Feck me.
I wondered if today might be the final straw? Not based on anything, but they look hopeless.

I wondered if today might be the final straw? Not based on anything, but they look hopeless.

Both them and Sheff Utd have long accepted their fate. Both sides have actually spent a few quid too. Probably built themselves a decent championship side for next season but this one has got to be hitting confidence for those they'll keep around.

He's convinced them that playing that way is the only way. Any team that plays in any other style is a throwback to the age of the dinosaurs. Do you want to get left behind? No? Then trust in meeeeee.....

That narrative goes way beyond Burnley as we all know. I've seen L1 sides in the highlights trying to play out from the back, play the keeper as a 5th defender, do inverted triangles in midfield. ****ing hilarious when they get robbed in the centre circle, trip over their own feet, the keeper scuffs a pass straight to the opponents centre forward etc. Not to mention the amount of times when there's clearly a ball on over the top but they just don't take it. Do they think they're not allowed ??? Laughable really.

The whole thing is a fantastic con really. A handful of elite teams across europe convincing every coach that this is the only way to play while knowing full well it just makes it more likely for them to carry on winning everything.

Everyone seems to forget that when Man City didn't win the league it was Liverpool that stopped them, by playing completely differently.

Hopefully a manager with an IQ of more than 80 will eventually come along & figure it out.

I’m worried we’ll be next seasons Burnley. If we get there that is.

It would be more naive to think we can think about the premier league for the next 2 months.

Yes, there is that too. After the last three league results, I've been wondering if this will turn into a 2012/13 season scenario, albeit with the wheels falling off later in the season than they did then. The Sunderland game is absolutely huge now.

Our 9-0 away record

Under threat tonight, I reckon

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566