Premier League fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

We might be near the bottom of the championship but after yesterdays show of support at Barnsley and all season for that matter theres no doubt that city fans are and always will be PREMIER LEAGUE

I see what you're saying. Let's just take things one step at a time though.

im not taking any steps but just saying that even if we go down our great fans can be relied upon to give their fantastic support and turn out in great numbers

Ollie... is that you?

We might be near the bottom of the championship but after yesterdays show of support at Barnsley and all season for that matter theres no doubt that city fans are and always will be PREMIER LEAGUE

You can't go to many matches if you think City fans are always PREMIER LEAGUE. Let's have your assessment of their showing in the previous match against Colchester at the Walkers Stadium.

You can't go to many matches if you think City fans are always PREMIER LEAGUE. Let's have your assessment of their showing in the previous match against Colchester at the Walkers Stadium.

Agreed. In recent years, our home support has been woeful, whilst our away support has been pretty good - excellent in fact.

I'm not talking about noise but numbers - in what has to be one of the worst seasons in living memory and i'm going back to the sixties when I used to go every week the home support this season is bettered only by about 4 clubs - we have even a better average home attendance than WBA who are top of the league and that cities a lot bigger than ours even though it has 3 clubs to support - I remember the late 80s and early 90s when we were averaging just over 10k a game so by those standards our support is fantastic - indeed in season 2002/03 when we finished 2nd in the championship if you discount every countries top league we were the best supported club in the world!!! - and for the record i was in attendance for the game against Spurs in 62/62 when the crowd was over 40,000 and the 4-3 thriller against Man Utd when Ken Keyworth scored a hat-trick in front of 37,000 - I have to admit however that I dont get to as many games as I would like these days mainly because I work week-ends and live in Blackpool but thats me parents fault for moving here.

if you discount every countries top league we were the best supported club in the world!!!

i bet Leeds are chuffed that they're the best supported third flight team in the world...

:icon_roll

we have even a better average home attendance than WBA who are top of the league and that cities a lot bigger than ours

West Bromwich is a town with a population less than 2/3 of Leicester's so they do alright.

I agree our attendance at home is pretty good considering the shower of shyte served up over the past few years.

Last edited:
don't forget that we serve a rugby club with average attendance of approx 16,000 as well - on second thoughts i cant be arsed arguing - your'e right then our fans are shite if thats what your trying to say

West Bromwich is a town with a population less than 2/3 of Leicester's so they do alright.

I agree our attendance at home is pretty good considering the shower of shyte served up over the past few years.

Most of West Brom fans come from the surrounding area as well as immeadiate area in particular Dudley which I think you will find has a substantial population

just to let you know, if the shower of sh ite that is "our lads" have the audacity to parade themselves around the ground after the game....win, lose, or draw, i might have no other option than to pigeon spit in their general direction!

If they even try a "lap of honor" i think i will be a little bit sick in my mouth....they dont deserve any of the at times fantastic support they have been given this year and should know that it's all well and good having a go 3 games from the end of the season but it dont stick with me!

and did anyone else see IH on SSN last night saying how fantastic it is to be in this position...........errrr no it's not, it means we have lost a hell of a lot more games than we've won and shattered many fans already shaky optimism that we might be turning the corner after several years of crap!

Last edited:
and did anyone else see IH on SSN last night saying how fantastic it is to be in this position...........errrr no it's not, it means we have lost a hell of a lot more games than we've won and shattered many fans already shaky optimism that we might be turning the corner after several years of crap!

:018: :018: :018: :018: You are missing the point he is so very funny. :icon_roll

don't forget that we serve a rugby club with average attendance of approx 16,000 as well - on second thoughts i cant be arsed arguing - your'e right then our fans are shite if thats what your trying to say

True, but their catchment area is far wider than LCFC's. They claim to take in people from Shropshire to Norfolk- truly the Manchester United of Rugger...

Thread closed. Everyone is in agreement, LCFC fans are not premier league. Another interesting debate over.

about as unrealistic as Mad Mandy's claims we we're going to be in the Prem within 3 years......

:tumbleweed: there goes another shattered dream!

Most of West Brom fans come from the surrounding area as well as immeadiate area in particular Dudley which I think you will find has a substantial population

If we're talking outside the immediate area Leicestershire has 630000+ people in it which is still more than Dudley and West Brom put together. Plus they are closer to Villa, Brum, Wolves, Walsall and Cov than we are to Derby, Forest and Cov.

They do alright and so do we considering the relative size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566